Latest #yogatherapy Posts
- DAY 4 Urdhva Dhanurasana / wheel pose
Tackling one of my favorite postures, wheel pose. This pose is one of the most recognizable back bends and with good reason. Wheel pose preps you and your body for deep heart openers which energize your body through increased circulation. But a more invigorated practice isn’t the only benefit from incorporating back bends. Whether gentle or intense backbend unlock the potential to open your Anahata Chakra (heart).
Signs your heart chakra is blocked
❁ anxiety, upper back pain, middle back pain, codependency, depression, disconnection from your self and others, grief, loneliness, panic attacks and self hate
What are the characteristics of a healthy heart chakra?
❁ self love, compassion and cultivating joy
What are the basics of the heart chakra?
❁The 4th chakra is the heart chakra, it rests in the center of the system. It’s located in the heart, upper chest and upper back.
❁This chakra is the balancing point, allowing us to say open and connect with universal feelings of harmony and peace.
❁Through the physical practice of backbends we are leaving our chest visible and exposed, through incorporating breath work we are able to shake loose ama, which is stagnant/toxic energy that clog the channels of the body.
In the second slide you will see me using a pranayama exercise while in wheel pose. As I push my chest forward, toward the wall I exhale out the mouth
As I rock back I inhale through my nose. I move with my breath, back and forth then gently lower down.
If you keep sliding you can see how I use blocks to offer my body more space and time to fully open up.
Happy bending 𓆑
#yoga #yogapants #yogaposes #yogachallenge #yogasana #yogainspiration #yogateachers #yogabalance #yogastrength #yogafit #yogaflow #yogajourney #yogaeveryday #yogafun #yogatherapy #yogaprogress #yogaforlife #yogaforeverybody #yogalove #yogagram #yogaeverydamnday #health #selflove #bodypositivity #aloyogachallange
- We are not treating diagnoses. We are working with complex individuals who deserve to be seen in their own uniqueness.
We absolutely must treat people with dignity, as whole individuals with the most integrated methods possible. Until mental health professionals are willing to change the old-school idea about mental health being a neck-up experiment instead of a holistic science, we are not serving people in the most effective way.
- Movement is the song of the body. ~ Vanda Scaravelli
Let's move, let's #goyogamanila!
Go Yoga Manila is the Upper Deck of Orlando Suites, 2489 Singalong cor Estrada Sts, Malate, Manila. Just across St. Scho and near La Salle and Benilde.
- One of my favorite pics from my birthday party last weekend ❤️ Te amo, @dancali27 🥰
- Follow @yogamonya ☘️
30 minute full-body yoga workout |
- Follow @yoga.maze 🍃
Not all for begginners*
PS : the learning never ends 🙏🏻
DM for credit .
- Beginner yoga poses☘️
Follow @pregnant.yoga ✨
Credit to grounded panda
- First time getting on my yoga mat in maybe a few weeks? And I got right up the first time 😱 my flexibility is poop from months of not sticking to it, I've gained weight because I bake all day and I've been pretty unhappy about all that but I'm working on it 😅😅
- Passive toe spreading. Toe spacers while watching tv.
✅ mobilize the bones, muscles and connective tissues in your feet which help with ... ✅ muscle strength ✅circulation ✅nerve health
Simple way to incorporate the start of healthy feet = healthy body’s.
It’s all connected.
Give it a try ! If it’s your first time trying toe spacers. Start with small amounts of time. Build up.
As a yoga therapist this is one of the things we look at - foot health, alignment and how it affects the entire body. We assess, address and recommend movement to help alleviate pain.
- Flowers smiling face gently Yang, birds happy song euphemism, the sky leisurely good blue, stream happiness slowly drip, the morning wind gently knock the window lattice, urge you to get up early to meet the morning sun! I wish you good morning, bright mood!♕♛🤗♔♚🔥🔥🔥🔥
- There’s no place like home...
This phrase is spot on after being on vacation this past week for 10 days.
I love this space & the way it makes me feel....
Go do all the things that make you happy today!
For me that was,
planting all the sunflowers.
doing all the yoga.
Ice cream run with my man.
Cuddling my fur babes to death.
& drinking delicious tea with 🍯 on my porch.
Loving every moment 🌿
- Family is about holding someone’s hand no matter what!!! Through Family Yoga we can open up comfortable and safe gateways for conversation.
The sooner we build a bond, a connection, be consistent, the easier it is for your children to open up when they need us most.
We don’t always know what our children are thinking so it’s important to provide a place where their feelings and thoughts are heard and accepted.
- Quadratus lumborum stretch with the slight spinal twist. The stretch really helps to open up the lower back and the opposite shoulder. When you pull back against your foot you were stretching the upper back and shoulder area around the scapula and rhomboids. Then the stretch goes across the body into the opposite lower back and hip. This stretch is great if you are having some difficulty in the shoulder or low back areas. More videos to come on low back releases . I will be doing a workshop June 23rd at Sky Dancer Studioz and I will be holding a yoga therapy retreat in Bali in October. I also have daily classes Wednesday through Sunday at 6 PM. All levels are welcome. Yoga is a great way to just become aware of your body or rehabilitate your body.
- Congratulations to Cody! Cody Eubank, B.A., NSCA-CSCS personal trainer, Is a Muscle Activation Technique (MAT) certified specialist since 2007, Cody recently was invited further his MAT™ training by participating in the esteemed national MATRx™ program this fall! Not only that, we are super excited that he will be working at Yoga IS full-time starting June 1 🙌🏻
MAT is a specific and unique process that is used to improve a person’s ability to perform muscle contractions and uncover muscular issues which might be contributing to the loss of physical performance or pain. Our MAT™ certified specialists, Lauren Eirk, MATRx, Jill Fowler, MATCS, and Cody Eubank, MATCS help their clients overcome a variety of physical limitations. Cody is accepting new clients and he is one of the best trainers in the country!
#yogaintegratedscience #personaltrainer #muscleactivation #muscleactivationtechniques #strengthcoach #resistancebands #pullupchallenge #yogastrong #personaltrainerlife #personaltrainingstudio #certifiedhealthcoach #musclebuilding #physicaltherapy #strengthcoach #yogatherapy #meetourstaff #fitnesspro #healthprofessional #fitnessfam #yogastudio #yogabody #yogasculpt #elasticband #bentoverrow #muscleandfitness #yogaformen
Top #yogatherapy Posts
- Bad ideas make the best memories.
- Giving is the secret of abundance 🖤
This month is my birthday month and Iv challenged my self to give a gift every day of the month. Some gifts have been “small” (like a smile or a hug to someone who needs it), some were “big” like teaching a yoga class for a stranger’s birthday party for free- but the most remarkable thing Iv come to realize is that for everything I have given, I received that and more back 🖤
Life is an amazing thing and words like “manifestation”, “divine timing”, “divine guidance” and “magic” are not just wishy washy hippy hooha...they are real and accecible to everyone
I can not begin to explain how loving the universe has been to me since I let her take the reins...but it has been more than enough for me to know that I can trust her to have my back in all things, especially my happiness. Thank you Uni. Thank you, thank you 🙏🏾
- ••STRENGTHENING DRILLS FOR CHATURANGA••
We wouldn't be expected to launch into a handstand in our first yoga class, yet #chaturanga - which requires the amount of strength to do correctly - is thrown in from day one. I was one of the beginners who wanted to flow fierce and fast, but came away with nothing more than a shoulder injury that lasted for 3 years as a direct result of a shoddy chaturanga!
Don't let yoga be the thing that injures you! Chaturanga requires a strong core (Zzzz sorry), shoulders, lats, triceps, pecs, trapezius, both serratus, and rhomboids... demanding I know. But considering most yoga injuries stem from a misalignment caused by a lack of strength, its worth building these drills into your practice I promise.
11 exercises, 10 reps each, progressing in difficulty.
1. Sphynx - forearm plank. Make sure you're pressing up between shoulder blades at the top.
2. Corba - updog. Squeeze shoulder blades and imagine dragging hands back towards you. Pause in cobra before coming down.
3. Isometric seal pose. Looks like you're just rolling over flab, but there is some work going on! Feel as though you are dragging hands back towards chest or pelvis towards hands.
4. Forearm plank - chin taps. Make sure glutes and core stay engaged as you rock.
5. Rounded plank - downdog. Keep rounding spine like a cat stretch as you come into a rounded plank. Lift from core back to downdog.
6. High plank - tip toes. Keep the hips level as you tiptoe.
7. Dolphin - downdog. Try to drop and lift both arms together, otherwise one at a time.
8. Floating lotus (or crossed legs). If doing with crossed legs, its likely only one leg will float, but try to get your whole bum up.
9. Wall chaturanga. Hands shoulder height, only lower to a right angle in the elbows, not all the way to the wall.
10. Knees chaturunga - press up. Tuck tailbone under and arms into ribcage. Don't lower down more than 90 degrees in elbows, stick bum up or drop hips down.
11. Chaturanga - press up with brick. Bricks make sure you aren't coming too low (how I got injured). Try to bring hips up at the same time as shoulders. #homeworkout #beginneryoga #yogatutorial #yogavideo #howtoyoga #yogagirl
- Everyone smiles in the same language.