Latest #workiswork Posts
- Thank you @dhar.mann for your amazing videos. 👏🏼This one particularly resonated with me because this was my life for 10 in a half years. (Since kids) And quite honestly the devaluation did not only come from a husband or boyfriend; it came from other people. It was and still is very shaming to do to anyone; to make them feel less worthy if they don’t earn a paycheck. People in my life have put me down for many years and tried to ruin the little time I have with my children while they are young. They have told me I don’t work, I am not doing enough, (even with a part time outside job) and that my work is “pathetic” and my salary is also “pathetic.” It really has hurt me so much and I have distanced myself from people that have the need to shame me for doing the most I can do under my own circumstances. Just because somebody does not get paid does not give anybody the right to deeply shame them. And I am not just talking about myself but other women and moms alike.. it is so distgusting to me. We all work, I am not laying in bed all day. How would anything get done? This video is a lesson to anybody that puts down other people no matter what job they have or work they do. If I wasn’t doing the work I do now, I would have no choice but to hire somebody to do it. Like I always say, work is work.
Paid or “unpaid.” #devalued #moms #spouses #husbands #wives #working #hardwork #motherhood #singlemotherhood #singlemoms #devaluation #demeaning #reallife #paycheck #earned #money #nomoney #workiswork #shamed #momshaming #dharmann #awesomevideos #thetruth #momlife #momswork #sahm #speakup #morethanamom #selfcare #human
- Day 2. I'm thankful that little aspects are falling into place. I'm taking it all in and trying not to stress. If there is anything you are in control of, it's your emotions! There will always be sticky and unpleasant situations, but your attitude makes a huge difference.
- In celebration of my 10 years with @maccosmetics tomorrow #july15 an amazing journey from #2009 to #2019
Never in my family has anyone worked in retail sector, my dad was against it, especially since i had studied accounting and was already working in that field, yet i gave up my desk job and started looking elsewhere.
Thanks to my colleague then who passed my cv to hr in alshaya and the very next day i was called in for interview.
Well what was it then... i got the job with zero makeup experience.
It was not an easy transition from a desk job to working in retail.
So through a lot of sacrifices
Alot of learning
Alot of making strangers my friends
To all my managers
To all my colleagues
To all my customers
And more especially to my sister (my other mother my best friend)
Without whom i would not have been where i am today.
The journey never was and never will be easy.
But i have been lucky that mine was not that harsh.
I love you all.
To a new day.
To new beginnings 💕
Top #workiswork Posts
- The first picture was taken on 10th July 2006 and the next one 10 July 2019. The bouquet I am holding was sent by the husband who was boyfriend then 😬 why you ask ?
Till today it’s got to be one of THE most exciting days of my life.
Radio city went live that day in Chennai and with it I went live on air too.. for the first time. LIVE. I still remember how the console was my nightmare. 🤣
The entire team stood in this same room cheering for me when I finished the first ever link.
After that I have spoken millions of links but this one remains etched in my memory forever 🧡
Radio taught me life. It’s taught me persistence. I have done shows when I was extremely sick. When I have had no sleep for 48 hrs. Through marriage and childbirth I trudged along. There have been days when I dint want to smile or even talk but I have shown up and done my show with the same enthusiasm. The typhoons I have seen at work, the number of times I have re invented myself are innumerable. I guess that’s how life is right ?! Has it been easy ?! NO. But worth it ?! YES.
Even today I wake up with excitement and look forward to my show.
So thank you @director_ahmed for coaxing me to leave my corporate job😅 back then and all my other bosses over the years @vineetsinghhukmani @jharinarayanan81 @thefoodieplus1byg for having my back all these years and @niladri_talkingradio For being my radio guru 🙏🏼 #gratitude #grateful #work #workiswork #rjlife #radio #throwback #thankful
- Being on the road is my mental health therapy—I can’t say no to a shift. The buzz of a city calms my racing thoughts, the strategic movement of traffic forces me to focus on what’s in front of me (not behind), and being an invisible elevator traveler gives me quiet time. A sudden, silent pause to the hustle of work flow someone needs me to do. My bag stays with me at all times like it’s hugging me—a piggy back ride; also protecting. My helmet, pens, sunglasses, watch, ulock key; they’re tiny personalized charms that remind me of who I am today. I feel a little more myself today. 🏄♀️ #ididntretire #workiswork #mentalhealthisimportant #latergram