Latest #wordporn Posts
- During the past week, when it was all stormy followed by a drizzle generally, one afternoon it felt so pleasant that I decided to take stairs to the terrace and spend some time amidst it. But by the time I stepped on the last stair and raised my head towards the sky, the view left me totally flabbergasted.
For the first time in my life I saw the birds being carried away by the wind, harshly and ghastly. They didn’t even looked like birds. They looked like fishes being carried away by a giant wave and thrown mercilessly onto to the shore, bruised, wounded and dead. It looked undoable for them to choose their direction and fly towards their home.
Standing helplessly there, I watched how helpless they were too. Yet they kept on grappling with the wind. Where some could manage find shelter just two houses behind mine, most of them struggled till four, till ten, till my bare eyes could see, and till even further. But none of them, just none of them gave up and fell on the ground or hit the walls or the electric poles.
They stayed where they belong, in the sky, and fought bravely for their lives. How often do we humans do that? More than fighting the odds and walking towards our dreams, we grumble about the things, people and situations, clearly unlike these birds. And probably that’s the reason that we never reach our homes. We just end up scuffling on wrong paths, sleeping in hard beds, labouring for the things we never wanted to, dying in between without fulfilling our purpose and if not that, then just living a life we never actually intended.
And that afternoon, it didn’t just drizzled, it rained, it rained heavily and with the raindrops falling on my body, I saw all of those numerous birds breathing with relief under their respective shelters. All of them alive, all of them happy and healthy.
Before that rainy noon, I only heard that birds have strong wings and believed that come what may, they do survive, but that day, I saw the complete anecdote in just a couple of minutes and it left me mesmerised.
May 22nd, 2019
now you are near the end of the story
and the remaining part is residual
the ashtray with cigarette filters,
traces of skins on the floor as dusts
coffee mug leaning on the table and
bookmarks hanging on the chest
the feeling of ending of a favorite book
is really tragic and painful, it's a-
it is something like a new heartbreak.
the futile and subtle dreams
Of being in a Slytherin house
dictating Harry his mother stories
and buried itself out of tears
'after the death of Severus snape'
yes they all are mine now,
a part of my life lived reading
in a melancholy somehow. ©Vikas.writes
- Sometimes things go sideways, and it reaches a point where in your plan C doesn't even fit in. And that's okay. Because failure isn't something that should be a factor to let you down. Rather, you should take it as a challenge and do better next time.
The thing about humans is that we are defeated easily. Comparison and self doubt strip you away from what you're capable of. I've seen so many people give up after their first time. And that is so disheartening. Because I know what you all, each one of you reading, is capable of achieving wonders. You need self confidence, you need to eradicate that self doubt and start telling yourself that you got this.
I am here to tell you that failure or failing isn't defeat. It's a challenge to yourself that you'll do better, you'll achieve better and you can do this. And hopefully this makes you believe that, because I believe in you.
Trust me, all you have is your fire. Your passion and your focus, these things push you forward in life. Believe in yourself, if you fail, analyse why. Compare your previous performances. You got this, because you got to try before giving up completely. .
#writing #poetry #writer #writersofinstagram #love #quotes #poetsofinstagram #poem #poems #writersofig #poetrycommunity #poet #art #words #wordporn #writerscommunity #writingcommunity #quote #writers #quoteoftheday #life #sad #lovequotes #reading #instagram #like #photography #write #follow #bhfyp
Top #wordporn Posts
- Sometimes it can be fixed and sometimes it can’t. That’s just the way it is. .
- My prime is well into my golden years.
Follow @latiwill for more daily, original poetry, prose, and quotes!
- Your existence is no coincidence. Your purpose began the moment you arrived here. You have been growing into who you’re meant to be and it is okay if you can’t say what it is right now you’re ‘supposed’ to be doing - that doesn’t mean you don’t have purpose. A question to begin with is, “Where does my heart feel most alive and where am I of most service to others?” We weren’t created to exist just for for ourselves. This is so important. When what we’re good at and our passions merge with service... That’s purpose. How can you inspire others? Where can you show kindness to others? Our purpose may change everyday or in a few years because we are always changing - but every day we have a purpose. Start in your heart. Ask it to guide you. There is a loving source guiding you, always. Your heart is on your side, be open with it.
- Death comes to us all