Latest #womenempowermentwednesday Posts
- On March 6, 2017, at age 23, Lauren Simmons became the youngest and only full-time female trader at the New York Stock Exchange. She also became the second African American woman in the Exchange's history to have such a position. Simmons graduated with a bachelor’s degree in genetics and a minor in statistics, and with some good networking in New York City, she found herself working for Richard Rosenblatt, the CEO of Rosenblatt Securities as an Equity Trader.
Breaking the glass ceiling, she proves that time is money, and that the best time to make money, is now!
#WomenEmpowermentWednesday #WCW #TowsonLambdas #LambdaWednesday #TheLambdas #Lambdas #DeltaRhoLambdas #WomenFirsts #WOC #POC
- “As a recovering people pleaser it is still sometimes hard to admit, but I feel most empowered when I can unapologetically make myself top priority. I am a giver to my core, especially for the people I love dearly. In the past, I have ran myself into the ground trying to take care of everyone else or in attempts to “prove” myself. I was tipping myself over and breaking constantly in an effort to make everyone else happy. The pressure I would put on myself led me to so much anxiety and unnecessary stress. Now I know, when I fill my cup, it overflows. I fill myself by practicing self-love and self-care. By taking care of myself, I am happier, have more energy, and a greater capacity to share my overflowing cup by helping, uplifting, and empowering others.” @briana_gagne 👊🏼
- In today's society there is so much shrinking the presence of other dope and beautiful women. Shinning light on others does not diminish your own. Real fierce and fearless women celebrate and compliment other.
This week’s #WEW is Miss Garner 2016, Grace Ann Carroll!
Truth is, I’ve looked up to GAC for a long time! I watched her compete in the Miss North Carolina .org admiring the way she commanded the stage. Her Grace (pun definitely intended) could captivate any audience.
I am not sure exactly how GraceAnn and I became close friends, but I am SO glad we did and God saw it fit for us to be at Miss NC together for her last year! What a shinning light she was during competition week!
After her time in the organization, I believe it’s safe to say that Grace Ann has left an impact on many!
GraceAnn continues to inspire me through her willingness to serve her community, live a healthy lifestyle (cause #healthymehealthync never dies!) & how she continues to go above and beyond for her friends! ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
Thankful for you, Sunday walks, last minute dinner & great advice today and everyday sister!
#mayamakeshermark #forsuchatimeasthis #dedication #womenempowermentwednesday
- You can do anything you put your mind to! Today is Women Empowerment Wednesday make sure you tell a women how amazing they are, go out of your way to lift another queen up. If your in Abq join me tonight @ 6:30 for Pink Wednesday at the club best workout and all about lifting up and empowering women. #wewearpink #womenempowermentwednesday #herbalife
- Women Empowerment Wednesday goes to the girl behind the lens of @allure_boudoirphotography 📸 Final payment given for my photoshoot, scheduled for five weeks from now makes it feel like it’s really happening. Yes I must admit, this photo shoot has a lot to do on why I’ve pushing myself a bit more these last few weeks, even doing double workouts when my body is up for it. Keep repeating “Look Good Naked” to myself as I push myself. I am a woman confident in my body, but this photo shoot is all for women empowerment and I want to empower myself to be the best version of myself and have that reflected on my boudoir photos. #womenempowermentwednesday #empoweredlatina #curvyandfit #curvylatina #allureboudoirbykim #boudiorphotography #lookgoodnaked
- Reposted from @angelaemuwa - Meet Raufu Ayowunmi Aishat @aeeshacollections_page a young, focused female shoemaker. After graduating from the university and searching endlessly for a job, she went ahead to acquire skills in shoe making. She hasn’t looked back since she became a shoemaker, and she is waxing stronger than ever. Aishat is the CEO and creative director of Aeesha Shoes; her own shoe-making company.
- Mayowa Nicholas is Nigeria's youngest biggest fashion export, Mayowa Nicholas is a Nigerian fashion model. She is the first Nigerian model to star in a Dolce & Gabbana, Saint Laurent, and Calvin Klein campaigns. She has worked with high-profile designers like Prada, Miu Miu, Versace, Chanel, Michael Kors, and Oscar de la Renta.
Mayowa is currently ranked as one of Models.com's "Top 50" models.
#Lipstickafricatv #LBGWL #mayowanicholas
- Meet @grace.hilo a fellow female entrepreneur who I had the pleasure of meeting at the @goldup program here in Berlin. She is an absolute powerhouse who followed her mama’s footsteps and became a BOSS LADY and is now on her second startup adventure →
@hilodonuts a delicious low fat, high protein donut for all of the gym rats and fitness lovers out there who love to snack (or for those of us who want to just enjoy a donut without the guilt). By day, she’s hustling the business side of things and by night, baking delicious donuts and sending them across Germany!
Whatever Grace puts her mind to, she does it with absolute passion and always, always, always with so much positivity and joy.
Cheers to all of the women out there who are exactly like Grace - thank you for spreading your bright energy over to the rest of us.
Treffe die Unternehmerin, @grace.hilo die ich beim @goldup hier in Berlin kennengelernt habe. Grace ist ein absolutes Kraftpaket, das in die Fußstapfen ihrer Mutter getreten ist und zur BOSS LADY wurde. Nun startet sie mit ihrem zweiten Startup-Abenteuer durch →
@hilodonuts ein köstlicher fettarmer und proteinreicher Donut für alle Gym-und Fitnessliebhaber, die gerne snacken (oder für diejenigen von uns, die einfach nur einen Donut ohne negative Nachgedanken genießen wollen). Tagsüber regelt Grace das Geschäft. Nachts backt leckere Donuts, die quer durch Deutschland geschickt werden!
Was auch immer Grace sich vornimmt, sie tut es mit absoluter Leidenschaft und immer, immer, immer, immer, immer mit viel Positivität und Freude.
Prost auf alle Frauen, die genau wie Grace sind - danke, dass du deine tolle Energie auf den Rest von uns verteilt hast.
- Meet Raufu Ayowunmi Aishat @aeeshacollections_page a young, focused female shoemaker. After graduating from the university and searching endlessly for a job, she went ahead to acquire skills in shoe making. She hasn’t looked back since she became a shoemaker, and she is waxing stronger than ever. Aishat is the CEO and creative director of Aeesha Shoes; her own shoe-making company.
- Reminder: Sometimes our negative experiences have been sent to teach us a beautiful lesson. Pay attention, learn from it and let it go.
- Fundamentally we feel like this:
A woman has the right to decide what she does with her body - the foetus exists within a woman’s body therefore she should have the right to decide whether it remains within her body.
Our moral rights are being compromised - yet again and this right plays such an importance to gender equality and so much more. #abortionrights #womensrightsarehumanrights
Top #womenempowermentwednesday Posts
- For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. -Jeremiah 29:11
- Please listen to His voice!
- The way I see it, cannabis is reflective of the divine feminine. It’s a nutritious food, potent medicine, sustainable fuel, low impact building material and a consciousness expanding herb - revealing itself to be a nurturer of humanity. Just as women are. 🌿
In 2019, I am teaching more plant facts as a proud advocate, and supporting my friends who truly embody divine feminine energy. ✔️
No better way to represent cannabis and women empowerment than next to my (makeup guru) best friend in our XOCAL Future is Female T-shirt’s 👯♀️ #EST2000
- With respect & love, be a good steward of your life and guard your peace. Nothing toxic is being tolerated in this season or ever!
- Remember this and block out any voice that is speaking contrary to the voice of God concerning your life.