Latest #whole30 Posts
- I am not kidding when I say I could eat this for dinner every single night for the rest of my life: roasted sweet potato🍠, brussels sautéed in @fourthandheart ghee, and 2 organic hard boiled eggs🍳! I am a simple gal when it comes to food. Give me my staples, and I am satisfied! Staples include: oatmeal, PB🥜, banana🍌, cold brew☕️, dates, sweet potato🍠, brussels sprouts🌱, eggs🍳, & avocado🥑. What are your staples you could live on for the rest of your life? #onecrazedfoodie
- i love making my own sauces but sometimes it’s nice to have one less thing to prepare. #whole30
- 🍗// Holy chicken this is sooo good. Half old bay seasoning. Half slap ya mamma seasoning. Smoker. Juicy. Tender. Wonderful. This is how to wrap up a whole30 weekend. #whole30 #chicken #bbqsmoker
- Warning ⚠️ a little bit of an in depth post
I was hesitant whether I was going to post about my most recent seizure and what I believe led to it, but when I started this account I promised to be held accountable and honest.
I was doing really well, weight coming off, toning up my body, and even started training for a half marathon I am running in July...until I hit the month of March (my trouble month). If you know me personally, you know I love St. Patrick’s Day. Everything about it the parades, drinking, the weekends with my girls, and above all else the food. My weight slowly crept back up and I gained about 8lbs back and as fun as the month was I really wasn’t taking care of myself.
It really became apparent when reality slapped me in the face and I had seizure while at work and another while I was being transported to the hospital. The first picture is a result of my first seizure, 12 sutures, a concussion, and two black eyes. I’m lucky I have amazing co workers who made sure I was not injured worse. I let my food choices, the stress of buying a house, and all the alcohol consumption control me. I’m not saying don’t enjoy yourself, hell life wouldn’t be worth living without a little fun! But it taught me that all good things need to be done in moderation. I learned this the hard way.
It has taken me a few weeks to start feeling like myself again. I’ve noticed after each seizure it just takes me a little bit longer each time to feel like myself again. It opened my eyes and woke me up how important my health is. I food prepped today, meditated, got outside in the sun, and spent some quality time with my dogs. I’m taking a total self care day as a reset and I’m ready to pick up where I left off at the end of February. Half marathon training and all! In the words of @melissa_hartwig “I’m not drinking right now.” And I am ready to continue this journey and see where it goes! #whole30 #selfcare #epilepsy
- Day 14 of 14. Steelhead and mixed greens. My only other meal today was scrambled eggs. I'd like to say I finished these 14 days off strong, but it just didn't happen. 🤦 My plan of finishing the day before Easter kind of backfired on me, as food prep already started and I basically tasted sample after sample of frosting for lunch! The good news is that I feel like absolute garbage after all that sugar, so eating well the last couple of weeks has definitely done the trick to reset my system. I'm hoping to hop back on the wagon early next week. But tomorrow, I feast! ;)
- Ceviche 🌶🍤🍅 Made with diced: scallops, shrimp, avocado, tomato, bell pepper, red onion, scallions, cucumber, carrots, celery, jalapeños, and a ton of fresh lime and cilantro (S&P to taste) #fiesta #seafood #ceviche #paleo #keto #whole30 #funwithpaleo #glutenfree #healthyfood #saltlife #shrimp #cleaneats #eatclean #fitfood #jerf #lowcarb #grainfree #avocado #spicy #sea #fresh #fitfam #realfood #stayfit #eeeeeats #feedfeed #foodstagram #eatrealfood #veggies #glutenfreelife
- #whole30 #fishflorentine
2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
1/2 cup finely diced shallot or 1 large shallot
2 cloves garlic, minced
1/4 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
2 roma tomatoes, seeds scooped out and diced
1 tsp kosher salt
1/2 tsp freshly cracked black pepper
2 tsp arrowroot flour
16 ounces baby spinach leaves
1/4 cup unsweetened, full fat coconut milk
1/4 cup low-sodium bone broth
2 tbsp. fresh lemon juice
1 tbsp. ghee
4 [6-8 ounce] filets of halibut
freshly cracked black pepper
For the Creamed Spinach:
Heat a large skillet with sides over medium heat. Add olive oil and when the oil is hot, add shallot, garlic, crushed red pepper and cook, stirring, until tender, about 4 minutes.
Add the diced tomatoes, kosher salt, and pepper and cook, stirring, until the tomatoes soften, about 2 more minutes.
Add the arrowroot and whisk into the sauteed veggies until well combined.
Add 1/2 of the baby spinach (or as much as you can fit into your skillet) and cook, tossing occasionally, until wilted down. Continue adding the spinach into the skillet, tossing gently, until just wilted. You will likely have to do this in a few batches.
Add the coconut milk, bone broth, lemon juice and stir to combine. Bring to a simmer and cook, stirring often, until the sauce thickens a bit, 4 to 5 minutes. Reduce heat and keep warm, tossing occasionally, while you cook the fish.
Cook the Fish:
Heat a large non-stick skillet over medium-high heat. Generously season the fish fillets with kosher salt and freshly cracked black pepper.
Melt ghee in the skillet and swirl the pan so that it evenly coats the bottom of the skillet. Place the fish fillets, flesh side down, into the skillet and cook until golden brown and crisp, 3 to 4 minutes. Flip the fish and continue cooking until the fish is cooked through and flakes easily with a fork, 3 to 4 more minutes.
recipe loosely followed & adapted from @thedefineddish
- Meal prep was moved up a day due to Easter festivities tomorrow! I always get so many questions and comments about my meal prep. Would you like to know how I plan it and make my time effective? What questions do you have? I see so many people struggle with meal prep and I’d love to help!
- This beach in the Amazon looks so inviting, but just prior to snapping this photo, I saw three alligators that had been caught coming up the beach. 😳
- Ask and you shall receive!
I’ve been making this rib dry rub since 2013 and whenever anyone asks me for a rib recipe this is the one I hand over!
I always double the recipe so I have a stash available in the cupboard!
1 tbsp sea salt
1 tbsp paprika
1 tbsp garlic powder
1 tbsp onion powder
1 tbsp chili powder
2 tsp black pepper
2 tsp cumin
1 tsp cayenne pepper
#ribnight #eatclean #flexitarian #lchf #keto #paleo #dryrub #shiftworker #whole30 #sugarfree #spicecupboard
These were the highlight of every field trip day in grade school. Korean mamas get up mad early to make rolls of kimbap and pack dosirak (lunchboxes) for their kids. To be honest, the field trips are a blur, but I remember eating my delicious lunch boxes 😅
These guys will be available at @michianawinefestival next weekend! We love sharing our culture with you, Fort Wayne ☺️ PS it’s not sushi
- 😂 👆🏻 This is seriously how I feel about this product. These, my dear friends, are Slim and Sassy softgels. They are a pill version of the Slim and Sassy metabolic blend which comes in an oil. It is a blend of oils that are detoxifying, proven to increase metabolism, and decrease sugar cravings. Yup. You read that right. 🙌🏻 Whether it's swimsuit season, Easter chocolates, that time of the month, or just Thursday... these will soon be your BEST friend.
I take 4-6 every single day and to me they feel like "will power in a bottle". The oil is an awesome option to add to your water and sip on throughout your day. It's also a great choice to kick start a weight loss program.
Add this to your customizable monthly order from doterra and watch the pounds melt off and the cravings literally disappear. You can thank me later! 💪🏻 Those that love it...do you prefer the oil in water, massaged into your skin with lotion or FCO, or the softgels?
Girl, this is one of thousands of ways you can learn to really Enjoy Your Journey. It's TIME for you to feel amazing in your own body.
#weightmanagement #weight #enjoyingthejourney #willpower #cravings #sugar #whole30 #slimandsassy #doterra #metabolism #detox #easter #chocolate
- It’s Sunday, so I’m getting my meal prep game on 💪🏼
I don’t obsessively spend loads of time prepping every meal for the week ahead, because I like to allow some flexibility and I also enjoy cooking from fresh.
But pre-making a few dishes, doing things like chopping and portioning veggies in advance, and making healthy snacks - like these super green chocolate protein balls - is not only easy to do, but saves heaps of time and makes it effortless to choose healthier options throughout the week.
If you want more meal prep tips, plus all my recipes and macros, just hit the link in my bio >>> @food.and.soul 💜
#mealprep #supergreens #proteinballs
- Happy Easter everyone!!! 🐣
Here’s a fun diffuser blend we’ll have going tomorrow
🍬2 drops stress away
🍬2 drops tangerine
🍬3 drops lemon
Have the BEST Sunday celebrating Jesus’ resurrection tomorrow 💗 What a day!!!
- Cauliflower rice keeps making more frequent appearances in our house. Plus baby LOVES the stuff. This week I made something like a pilaf and added diced tomatoes for added nutrition.
Here's how to do it: *Sautee the veggies and garlic in a tablespoon of olive oil or clarified butter until soft
*Add one head of riced cauliflower, a quarter cup of chicken stock, and a can of diced tomatoes with the liquid (I used a 28oz can) and stir to coat the rice
*Stir in any additional seasonings at this time such as paprika, oregano, thyme, fresh herbs, whatever you want!
*Reduce temperature to low. Cover and steam, stirring occasionally, for 15 minutes, or until cooked to your liking.
#homecooking #cauliflowerriceobsessed #paleo #whole30 #aprilwhole30 #whole30day20 #while30approved #babyfood #healthybaby
- Got a little ambitious for dinner tonight #whole30
- Who wants one? 👅🐰
Holiday CONSCIOUS COCKTAILS coming right up 🍹 At @lifeatspringfield we always have homemade water kefir on hand. These bad boys are pineapple, ginger & passionfruit and rose, pomegranate & peach 🍍✨🌳 Just like kombucha, water kefir is a fermented drink with immune boosting & probiotic gut health benefits 👌🏽 It has a tangy sweet flavour, a little like flavoured coconut water, but if made correctly it won’t be sweet at all as all the sugar will be processed during fermentation 💦 We choose kefir over kombucha because it has more strains of beneficial bacteria and a much shorter fermentation time ⏰ It’s also the perfect mixer for Conscious Cocktails 🙌🏽🙌🏽🙌🏽 .
✨ RECIPE ✨
Note: You can use the same ratios for easy peasy kombucha cocktails as well🍹
Add 45mls of your clear white spirit of choice - I use gin - to a cocktail shaker. Add in a small handful of fruit that complements your kefir flavour (eg. I used pineapple for the pineapple/ginger/passionfruit water kefir). Muddle! Add lots of ice. Shake. Pour into a glass filled with fresh ice 🥃 Feel free to strain or not strain depending on if you want the fruit fibers in your drink - I love eating them at the end 🤤 Top with water kefir & garnish with more complimenting fruit (I used passionfruit)👌🏽 Violá!
Happy Easter 🐣
- @imashelise with this 📸 of our Mac & Cheese!😍 Quinoa pasta with our tomato cashew sauce baked in a cast iron skillet. Down home deliciousness!
- A couple of my family members are on the cleanse right now so of course I had to make them some compliant dessert for Easter lunch tomorrow! 💐 #HealthyDonutHoles
- Here are some fun blends to throw in the diffuser when you're prepping Easter baskets or getting everything ready for Easter brunch this weekend! 🐰🐣🌸
Jelly Beans | 3 drops bergamot + 3 drops grapefruit + 3 drops tangerine + 2 drops lemongrass
Easter Peeps | 5 drops stress away + 3 drops bergamot + 2 drops lime
Egg Hunt | 5 drops lemon + 3 drops geranium +2 drops peppermint
Easter Morning | 4 drops joy + 3 drops orange + 2 drops frankincense
Spring Bouquet | 4 drops ylang ylang + 4 drops lavender + 2 drops jasmine
Cadbury Creme Egg | 3 drops stress away + 3 drops orange + 3 drops copaiba + 1 drop cinnamon bark 🌸
Have a happy and blessed Easter, sweet friends!
- Today— today I voluntarily wore shorts. In fact today I went and bought a pair of jeans shorts to wear. I didn’t adjust myself behind others, I didn’t think twice about jumping around or posing for photos or dancing with my girl. Two things have changed here. First, I feel great and have worked so hard to get into shape but the second is the truly special one. I don’t want to let any standard define me— I no longer let a pant size, a scale number, a filter adjust my perspective of what “looks” good. Years of diet-sharing, yo-yo eating, and always feeling bad about myself are gone.
Today I was a Dino-mommy with a Dino-gal who wanted to run and jump and play... and we did all of those things. In shorts! #tiuteam #tiumomma #whitnessnutrition #whole30 #tiusummerseries
- Thx @deliciouslyella for the 🔥 din😋😋 sweet potatoes roasted with ghee and cinnamon, hempeh, broccoli, cauliflower and mushrooms w/ yogurt dressing
- “I am worthy of abundant health.”
Say this to yourself every time you think you are being selfish for putting your needs first. Say this to yourself when you eat your kid's leftovers (🙋🏻) instead of filling your plate with nourishing food. Say this to yourself when you decide you cannot spend money on organic food. Say this to yourself when you stay up half the night watching marathons instead of sleeping. Say this to yourself when negative people are in your field and you don't walk away. Say this to yourself first thing when you wake up. You are worthy of abundant health.