Latest #whitemountains Posts
- Second day of Spring on The Moose.
Perfect snow pack and steep hiking up Beaver Brook Trail
- Hello I spent a rlly fun 6 days in North Carolina & now I’m back in NH for a last few winter hikes before the snow melts (who needs Connecticut) (being home is lame)
- One of my favorite days on the Appalachian Trail. I’m doing lots of reminiscing lately as I prepare for my next adventure. Stay tuned! #tbt .
- Early this morning on the summit of Mount Moriah, I reached my 144th White Mountain 4,000 footer THIS WINTER, and brought my bid for the Triple-Single Season to a wildly successful close!
To the best of my knowledge, the Triple-Single, that is, climbing all 48 4,000 footers in the White Mountains, 3 separate times in a single Winter, has only been completed once before, and hasn’t been repeated in almost decade. When you look at the numbers behind this effort, you can start to understand why that is: 144 4,000’ summits. 724 miles. 279,111’ vertical. 58 hiking days. If you spent any time in the Whites this season, I don’t need to tell you how brutal of a Winter it was. Snow accumulation was measured in feet, wind chills regularly dropped below zero, and more often than I’d like to admit, I found myself alone on the trail, fighting through untouched powder, and doing whatever I physically had to in order to reach the peaks I “needed” to stay on schedule. I was giving myself - fully, and without abandon - the exact thing I came out here to do.
I’ve reiterated time and time again that I think “talk” is the cheapest thing on the market. That being said, I want to make it clear that my real goals in the White Mountains this year reach far beyond how many rounds of the 48 I can throw down on in a single Winter.
My real goals in the White Mountains are still many months and many miles away, never guaranteed, but quietly waiting for my arrival. And I have absolutely no doubt in my mind now, after everything I’ve been through in the last 3 months and beyond - I will arrive.
- Lounging in the light.
- The Full Worm Supermoon rising behind Mount Monroe on the Spring Equinox.
- #throwback to winter mountain adventures. What I love about photography is all the memories that come to mind when looking at a photo. In this case: beautiful scenery, trying out low light photos, sharing warm tea, a friend walking head first into a branch, swerving 180 on the highway when a snowstorm broke out and somehow swerving right back perfectly... @jf_ray89 @d.jay.thompson @sabrina_oriana
- Mini adventures with the best @ktcyr 🌲
- We couldn’t just leave the new rear windows all by themselves in our last conversion, so we added in the factory trim to give it that clean #mercedes look. Tricky little install that is more than worth it in our opinion! What do you think?
Let us know if there are any upgrades or modification you need for your #vanconversion. We’ll get you back on the road and enjoying the scenery as spring rolls in!
Happy spring to all 🌱 ☀️😁