Latest #whiskyfriday Posts
- #jamesonwhiskey #caskmates A wee bit of fire up front followed by a smooth sweetness. A splash of water and you’ve got a nice glass of whisky 🥃 for #whiskyfriday This is a good one to sip by the fireside on a cold wet night.
- Tonight’s Whisky Friday outfit inspired by the Emerging Designers of iD Fashion, although tonight was rather quiet and overshadowed by the events in Christchurch . . . #idfashion #whiskyfriday
- #whiskyfriday #thewhiskeyexplorer In preparation of St. Patrick’s day on Sunday, this weeks post will look at a few of my favourite Irish Whiskeys from my collection. 🥃1 Red Breast aged 12 years at Midleton distillery, Ireland. Nose - Rich, with hints of ginger and fruit peels. Body - Dried fruits, hints of sherry with a light spice. Finish - long and velvety. Price is around £45 🥃2 Proper Twelve. This is a blend of 3 Irish Whiskeys that have been matured for 3 years, in American bourbon barrels. Nose - floral and fruity. Body - smooth with notes of vanilla and ginger. Finish - short with a gentle spice. Price is around £35. 🥃3 Jameson - Cask-mates - stout edition. A Jameson whisky, triple distilled and then finished in Irish beer barrels. Nose - crisp fruit and a mild spice. Body - hoppy but floral, with a touch of bitterness. Finish - long and sweet with chocolates notes. Price is around £20 #whisky #whiskey #whiskylover #lovewhisky #whiskyporn #drinksofinstagram #cask #irishwhiskey #stpatricksday #stpatricksday2019 #redbreast #propertwelve #proper12 #jameson #caskmates #stoutedition
- Loving my new @fiodh.scotland whisky watch and enjoying a surprisingly good @clydemayswhiskey Special Reserve Whiskey. We hadn’t sought any of their “Alabama Style” whiskey before, but our awesome bartender served this up to make up for a kitchen snafu. It’s different, but delicious. Definitely more of a flavored whiskey, but it made for an awesome after dinner drink and I think I may go pick up a bottle. If you like a strong apple flavor that’s not too overpowering, it’s worth a shot! The people over at Fiodh are awesome too! Great watch and awesome customer service. .
#whisky #fiodh #whiskyfriday #clydemays #watchesofinstagram #whiskygram #applewhisky
- #whiskyfriday #thewhiskeyexplorer Today’s post looks at a special founders collection from the lakes distillery. The lakes distillery is a very new distillery within the UK opening in 2014. It is build on the site of an old Victorian dairy farm. It is, as the name suggests located in the lakes district on the river Derwent. The quatrefoil has been adopted as a kind of logo from the original buildings with each point meaning; Faith, Hope, Luck and Love. A few years ago I had the opportunity to become a member of the founders club and in return I will be 1 of 2,975 people who get a bottle every year for the next ten years (until 2025) all drawn from the first 100 casks every produced. So far I have received 3 of these bottles. 🥃1 - 2016 The lakes Spirit year 1. By law, scotch whisky must be matured for at least 3 years, hence why this is named a spirit. Nose - fresh and fruity with subtle notes of elderflower. Body - less fruit and slight nutty with a very malty under taste. Finish - surprisingly long but slightly bitter. 🥃2 - 2017 The lakes Spirit year 2. Again this is still called a spirit as it has only matured for 2 years. Nose - sweet apples slight hints of vanilla. Body - malty and spicy with oak coming through. Finish - shorter and still slightly bitter. 🥃 3 - 2018 Founders Single Malt. Now it has been aged for 3 years it can now for the first time legally be called a whisky. Nose - very sweet and floral. Body - sweet and malty with notes of citrus. Finish - long and very spicy but delicious.
I very much look forward to watching this collection mature and change yearly.
Keep an eye out for my other posts on bottles from this distillery such as ‘steel bonnets’ & ‘The One’ to come. #whisky #whiskylover #lovewhisky #whiskyporn #drinksofinstagram #lakesdistillery #foundersclub #singlemalt @lakesdistillery
- Maravillosa copa para disfrutar un viernes noche, yep! 😏
El whiskey Knappogue Castle ha sido envejecido en barriles ex-Bourbon. Mark Edwin Andrews, propietario de la compañía Castle Brands ha querido que su pasión se mantenga a lo largo de estos años, que es embotellar whiskey de malta irlandés cuando todos los demás embotellaban “blended”. 👃
Nariz: Ricos aroma con bizcocho de cereales y sabores de malta y cereales. Se agrega pimienta, notas herbales y especias.
Boca: La entrada es equilibrada e integrada, ligeramente astringente y bien afrutada. Después vienen delicados sabores de malvavisco, azúcar moreno, vainilla, roble y mazapán.
#knappoguecastle #castlebrands #irishwhiskey #midleton #whiskyfriday
- #whiskyfriday #thewhiskeyexplorer As a massive GOT fan I just had to get the Diageo Game of Thrones Whisky Collection. 🥃1 is House Stark #winteriscoming from Dalwhinnie - winter frost. Nose is sweet and warming. Body is soft with floral notes. Finish is spicy with notes of honey. Price is around £48. 🥃2 is House Tully #familydutyhonor from Singleton Glendullan- select. Nose is of ripe fruit. Body is a mixture of caramel, vanilla and smoke. Finish is dry and spicy. Price is around £38. 🥃3 is House Greyjoy #wedonotsow from Talisker - select reserve. Nose is gentle smoke and orange peel. Body is hints of leather, salt and caramel. Finish is long and spicy. Price is around £38. 🥃4 is House Baratheon #oursisthefury from Royal Lochnagar- aged 12 years. Nose is gentle spice with hints of citrus. Body is sweet, yet light and delicate. Finish is fruity with notes of vanilla. Pride is around £38. 🥃5 is House Targaryen #fireandblood from Cardhu - Gold reserve. Nose is dried fruit, with spices and honey. Body is apricot, honey and vanilla. Finish is malty, fruity and spicy. Price is around £48. 🥃6 is House Lannister #hearmeroar from Lagavulin - aged 9 years. Nose is peaty with fruit and spices. Body is raisins, liquorice and spice. Finish is long and smokey. Price is around £65. 🥃7 is House Tyrell #growingstrong from Clynelish - Reserve. Nose is dried fruit and white chocolate. Body is spicy, with a touch of floral notes. Finish is fruity, with a gentle spice. Price is around £48. 🥃8 is the Nights Watch #iamtheswordinthedarkness From Oban - Bay Reserve. Nose is citrusy with a light smoke. Body is sweet apples, melon and smoke. Finish is long citrusy and smoky. Price is around £65. #whiskey #whiskylover #lovewhisky #whiskyporn #drinksofinstagram #gameofthrones #diageocollection #gameofthroneswhisky #dalwhinniedistillery #glendullandistillery #taliskerdistillery #royallochnagardistillery #cardhudistillery #lagavulindistillery #clynelishdistillery #obandistillery