Latest #whisky Posts
- ***WIN, WIN, WIN*** Annandale 3k Bottle Competition
Filled by Scottish rugby legend Doddie Weir in 2014, Cask #40 was the first cask of peated whisky to be produced here at Annandale Distillery in 99 years, since Johnnie Walker & Sons left in 1918.
You now have a chance of winning one of the remaining exclusive bottles that are on sale at the distillery for £3200.
Broached on 1st December 2017 by Doddie himself,
99 bottles were drawn from this historic cask and donated to the My Name i5 Doddie charity.
Just 142 bottles currently remain available, and this is your chance to win one of these exclusive Single Cask Single Malts.
This release comes presented in a beautiful bespoke wooden and metal hand-crafted display box made by Ian and Claire Cameron-Smith. Along with a unique booklet outlining Annandale’s history, flavour profiling, all delivered in a stunning velvet bag. (pictures coming soon)
To have a chance to win this once in a lifetime release, follow these simple and fun instructions... The next time you are having your favourite dram, simply share with us what you’re having, by following the instructions below;
1. LIKE our Facebook page
2. SHARE this post,
3. TAG a friend,
4. COMMENT with HASHTAG #AnnandaleComp
5. HASHTAG what dram you're having!
And best of all you can enter as many times as you like!
So, try something new and tell us all about it!
Closing date for the competition will be 18.8.19.
All entry’s after midnight on 18th August 2019 shall not be considered.
You must be over 18 to enter.
One winning entry will be selected by our distillery Owner Prof. David Thomson.
Example Entry: [COMMENT] Tonight, I am savouring a delicious peaty [HASHTAG] #laphroaig 10 at the pub with friends. And I would like my friend [TAG]@*personsname* [HASHTAG] #AnnandaleComp [THEN SHARE]
This competition is running on Facebook only.
Best of luck to you all
- Brindemos por los momentos con #Dewars y los tuyos 🧡
- Här är vi.
Marcus ”Mackan” Malmström och Peter ”Peppe” Claesson.
Det är vi som kommer att guida er genom den svenska pubdjungeln, och i framtiden världens alla pubar.
Vi kommer att besöka bryggerier, testa öl, testa whisky, visa hur man häller upp öl korrekt mm.
Inspelning drar igång under sommaren.
Håll utkik på youtube.
#pubcrawlers #pubcrawlerssweden #beer #whisky #öl #pubar #pubs
- After the apparent mishap rumoured during the last release of Hazelburn Oloroso Cask - where the production guys bottled the liquid at 47.1% rather than cask strength, I would have thought Springbank would have bottled this release at a much higher strength. However, I say this as I did not get to try the previous release. After trying the 14 a few times now, I think it is a really delicious dram. One so delicious that reminds me of sherried fruit and nut, rich dark chocolate, treacle, hazelnut and praline ice cream and a bit of salted caramel! ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
This dram is pretty much perfect as it is, however in my personal opinion an additional 10-12% abv would have added a nice layer of complexity and an extra long finish that this dram might be a bit shy of and could do with! Nonetheless I have managed to secure 2 bottles - so not complaining in any way! 🥃🥃🥃
- TN @whiskiology : Acorn’s Japanese Malt Selection, Chichibu Night Festival (秩父夜祭), 2009-2013 Apr, Bourbon #428, Tripple Spring Barley, 62.2%.
N: After the upfront strong ethanol as you would expect, immediately a bowl of diverse fruitiness! Passion fruit, green apple, peach, and finally the Bali snake-skin-fruit (salak). With water - strawberry and peach milkshake! Top class nose material!
P: Mellow honey sweetness, thick body, and juice candies! With water - still quite consistent, definitely a well-mixed fruit juice I'm going for another dram.
F: Long finish, honey sweet, a slight touch of wood smoke towards the very end. Good juice! Someone get me a bottle, please?
#whisky #singlemalt #whiskylover #whiskyporn #whiskiology #scotch #aromaparadize #威士忌 #scotchwhisky #raremalts #instawhisky #drinkwhisky #whiskyreview #香港威士忌作家 #whiskygram #whiskey #whiskycollection #instadram #ウィスキー #위스키 #slainte #whiskywriter #whiskyeducator #chichibu #秩父 #秩父夜祭 #japanesewhisky #flashback
- @wabeerweek events are now out! Make sure you check out our collab beergustation with @otherside_co happening on the 22nd of June. Pick up tickets soon as we expect this to sell out quickly! 🍻
- Cocktail Basics for Everyone, 😎😎Can't wait to try this at Home😍😍😍😍😍
Tips from @supercall 🍹🍹🍸🍸🍸 📷video by: @supercall
🍾SA's Liquor Community 🔞Not For Under 18's . Drink Responsibly
Top #whisky Posts
- Another special #whiskey for World Whisky Day yesterday, this is a brand new release @redbreastirishwhiskey Dream Cask, the Pedro Ximénez Edition, aged 20 years. The #whisky was matured in four different kinds of cask, then married in a Pedro Ximénez sherry butt. It’s limited to 924 bottles, and has been bottled at 52.2% ABV. What are you drinking this evening? 🥃
- The Old and Rare Collection.
Although not old by global whisky standards, these are some of the oldest and rarest Australian whiskies ever produced. I was lucky enough to procure the last 5 special releases by Sullivan's Cove, beautifully presented in their exquisite packaging. With exception to the French Oak which utilise Walnut Wood, Oak Wood were used to dress the bottles.
Starting with their most recent release:
DC100 - Small Batch Double Cask, a marriage of both 18yo American Oak and x2 11yo French Oak ex-Tawny cask. Released to commemorate the distillery's 25th year anniversary. Last I check there are still a number of bottles left.
HH516 - French Oak 16yo. Perhaps the most sought after cask type from the distillery. 2 barrels were bottled by the distillery, HH520 was made available only online, sold out in less than 24hrs. While HH516 was only through the cellar door.
HH317 - American Oak 17yo. My personal favourite. A year younger than the next release however a MASTER 🏅 winner in World Whisky Master 2018.
HH105 - American Oak 18yo. The oldest of the bunch. This Cask HH0105 was distilled in December 1999 and decanted in May 2018 for a maturation of eighteen years and six months in a 200L American oak ex-bourbon cask.
Last but not least are the trio 200ml minis. Released in November 2018, these are perhaps the most special of the bunch as lies in it, the Single Cask Single Malt Winner in World Whiskies Award 2019. TD217 - French Oak Cask.
- It is Sunday Funday and I want you to win some amazing stuff.
The @dallasbourbonclub is giving away the following items to the lucky winner:
• 1 Maker’s Mark Private Selection bottle - (Dallas Bourbon Club pick)
• 2 Dallas Bourbon Club engraved Glencairn Glasses
• Prizes shipped to winner for free
To be eligible for this awesome prize and be entered in giveaway, follow these rules:
1. Like this post
2. Must be following @bourbonfinds and @dallasbourbonclub
3. Tag 5 people you know would be excited to win this bottle and glasses
4. Must at least 21 years old
5. Must be located in United States (conus) sorry everyone else
Want an even better chance of winning?
• For each additional person after the first five that you tag, you will earn an additional entry per tag
• If you repost this in your feed and tag @bourbonfinds and @dallasbourbonclub you will earn 20 additional entries
• Post this giveaway in your story and tag @bourbonfinds and @dallasbourbonclub and get 5 additional entries
Contest will run through Midnight EST on Tuesday May 21. Winner will be announced Wednesday, May 22nd and notified by DM. The winner will be selected using random number generator.