Latest #visitalaska Posts
- I am three days into my second attempt at doing 30 hikes in 60 days! I had previously attempted this about two weeks ago, but a concussion forced me off the trails (and out of the gym) and I ended up being in bed for about a week straight.
I’m currently living in Juneau, where there is about 120 miles of maintained hiking trails, and one of my goals this summer was to take advantage of them. I figured since hiking is mentally easier on me than going to the gym sometimes, this goal would be a way to ease myself into getting back into shape without a lot of the triggers that can come with going to the gym!
So far, by legs are INCREDIBLY SORE! Like, no, seriously, I’m dying. I’m not trying to be funny my quads are literally dying. Please send help. And burritos… and a foam roller.
Also, I’m setting some rules for myself, because I need them, otherwise I will take a five minute walk through my backyard and call it good. Rules are as follows:
-1. Hikes must be at least one mile long. Still debating if two half mile hikes count. Thoughts? My goal is for them to be at least two, but I know that it won’t always be feasible for me to do two miles. And a mile is still a solid 30 minutes outside and moving, so it’s definitely better than nothing
-2. I cannot do the same trail twice. There are two exceptions: —2a: if someone else picks a trail I have already done, that is okay, but I cannot choose a trail that has already been done
—2b: If that trail leads to another trail. For example, I took Perseverance Trail yesterday, which has four trails leading off of it. If I take the trail to get to one of those trails, that is allowed.
-3. Pics or it didn’t happen. I’m trying to be an influencer here
-4. Try not to go alone. Mostly because it’s dangerous and I literally always fall. Plus, it’s more fun with someone. Also if there’s more people, you’ll have more bear spray on you.
Day of challenge: 3
Number of hikes completed: 2
Total miles hiked: 7.3
- Here’s Ken with our Fish Em sign! The opener is coming up fast!
- Made it to Alaska. Chillin in my living room 🌲. .
- Enjoyed a magical lunch with the fam today...love the gorgeousness that is Hatcher Pass. If I could describe the feeling in here in one word it would be #hygge .
- Digging through older photos, looking forward to another light-chasing adventure....
- Gorgeous #huskyhike up on Wickersham Dome! We hiked up and down through “green-up,” fragrant budding willows blooming on the south facing aspects & lower elevations 🌿
- Happy Hopp up on Wickersham Dome.
- Who wore it better?? 🦀😀
Jeanette doing her best @ladonnarosecooks pose with one of our new metal designs from HIS Designs in Wasilla, AK 🙌☀️
- New wheels-perfect on Alaskan terrain for family photos ❤️
- Freezing cold but all smiles because we made it to the top! ❄️🥾We definitely weren’t fully prepared to climb to the top of Exit Glacier - largely because we had no idea that the trail would be completely covered with snow and have avalanche warning signs. Sometimes you live and learn! 😂
- Morning views like these
- Hiking #1- Flattop Mountain trail. Ни разу до этого не практиковал, поэтому сразу выбрал уровень hard :D где-то 2-3 часа это заняло, в сумме где-то 5км
- Welcome to the most beautiful place in the United States 😍 This is one of the beaches we land on during @liquid_adventures sea kayaking trips. Come visit me at work this summer!
Top #visitalaska Posts
- Morning views like these
- It’s summer, they said.