Latest #vinylporn Posts
- 🎞TOP 10 FAVORITE SOUNDTRACKS/SCORES OF ALL TIME 🎞 One one of favorite things about collecting vinyl is it’s capacity to crossover with another of my favorite pastimes, film. I picked my favorite 10, focusing on the 5 SCORES - original and usually orchestral or instrumental based music composed for the film and 5 SOUNDTRACKS - which compile existing music, combined with original songs to accompany the film 🎞
Let’s talk about my favorite SOUNDTRACK, Pulp Fiction. Compiled of almost entirely sourced music from director Quentin Tarantino’s private vinyl collection, the soundtrack opens with the fiery bang of the late Dick Dale’s ‘Misirlou’ and only gets better from there. Surf music, Al Green, Chuck Berry and other legendary names come together amongst others to supply the groundbreaking and all time great film with a effortlessly ‘cool’ musical backdrop 🎞
While my favorite soundtrack may be debated by many, my favorite SCORE is generally accepted as one of the all time greats by many film and music enthusiasts. Vangelis’ masterpiece and a historically important electronic composition, the score to Blade Runner instantly conjures images of an overpopulated, dark and neo noir inspired future with its vast and atmospheric instrumentation. Originally delayed for over 10 years, and much like the multiple cuts of the film itself, Vangelis’ score to Blade Runner exists today in a wide variety of physical and digital formats, providing the musical companion to the Sci-Fi masterpiece with the legacy and recognition it so thoroughly deserves 🎞
And of course, no discussion about film soundtracks could be complete without mentioning The Godfather of music scores, John Williams. Two of his finest, iconic Spielberg scores are on display here, Jurassic Park and Jaws🎞
Soundtrack: 2.) Forest Gump // 3.) The Great Gatsby // 4.) Romeo + Juliet // 5.) Django Unchained
Score: 2.) Gladiator (Hanz Zimmer) // 3.) Tron (Daft Punk) // 4.)Titanic (James Horner) // 5.) Sideways (Rolfe Kent)
- What was the only RSD 2019 release that I cared about st all? This one, and you’ve got to wonder why somebody took the time to release it, but hey thank you to them. You want this record, I’m telling you now. Redskins (and before you get all social justice on me, they were Redskins as in Socialist Skinheads) had the motto “Walk Like The Clash, Sing Like The Supremes”. They are truly one of the few bands that I regret not seeing. REDSKINS: Bring It Down This Insane Thing (London Music Stream LTD. LMS55166, 10”PS Gatefold Ltd Red Vinyl UK RSD 2019) #redskins #punkrock #politicalpunk #vinyl #vinylporn #vinylfetish #rsd2019 #nowplaying #ontheofficeturntable
- Out with the old and in with the new! Getting some old arrivals up online. Check the new arrivals in our highlights.
- Small batch of RIP Nipsey Hussle stickers for @jessekta! All printed on high gloss 4 MIL vinyl! Hit us up for full color stickers or die cut decals! 👍🏼
- Baba O’Riley - Stranger Things 3 made me come back to this gem of a track, am I the only one?
Who's Next? - The Who
- Después del éxito que tuvieron con 🌑 "The Dark Side of the Moon" (1973) y un "Wish You Were Here" (1975)💎 que llegó a reforzar todavía más su sonido. Pink Floyd hace una Masterpiece y se reinventa con Animals en 1977.
Con 5 rolas y una duración en total de 41:48 min, Roger Waters y compañía van adaptando y basándose en la novela de George Orwell "Animal Farm" (que también es una joya y un imprescindible de Orwell👌🏻) en donde la sociedad está representada a través de diferentes animales de granja.🐄🐖🐑 Compitiendo con el movimiento punk en su punto más alto e importante en la música y con una carga política-social 📢 con reclamos dirigidos a la monarquía y las ideas conservadoras. Con un mensaje completamente diferente al de anteriores trabajos, "Animals" surge como una crítica a la sociedad de consumo y así sale victorioso de un punk lleno de inconformidad y rebeldía🤬💉. Un cerdo (Algie, para los cuates)🐖 flotando entre dos de las chimeneas de la estación eléctrica Battersea Power Station (Battersea, Londres)🏭 es la portada que diseña Roger Waters e Hipgnosis para el sucesor de Wish You Were Here🖼️. ¿Qué rola te vuelve loco de Animals?😜📢 #vinylporn #pinkfloyd #animals
- Came home to a mailbox full of this! Let the weekend begin.
- My music moods often shift with the season. As temperatures warm I start leaning towards bands that you can open the windows up and crank in loud. Psalm 69 from Chicago's Ministry is a must have on the spring playlist!
- It is a turning point for electronic music, in particular for pop synth, therefore for Depeche Mode, the standard bearers of the genre, which already in '83 had gone beyond the limits of A Broken Frame thanks to the contribution of a musician and programmer such as Alan Wilder and historian / producer Daniel Miller.
From personal experience around the world .. of Gore & Co. will be born sensational pieces, expertly mixed with the aim of creating some of the most evocative atmospheres in the whole history of electronic music: industrial / metallic sounds, snares, samples of all types. A relic for those with a passion for electronics, programming and mixing. It will be in the lives that the Mode will prove to be a band only in apparently "icy" way .. Other: it is a group that plays, has fun and knows how to give joys and food for thought to a new audience, discovering year after year that one can grow musically only by sinking all kinds of preconceptions.
The rest is enclosed in the smile and humility of four boys.
Depeche Mode / Some Great Reward / 1984 Mute Records P-13052 Japan Press 🇯🇵
vinyl #records #coffeebreak #coffeetime #nespresso #album #mood #audio #vinylcollection #hipstamatic #instagrammer #followers #igersroma #rome #picture #now #mood #vinyljunkie #vinylporn #instavinyl #instapic #star #picture #photographerlife #photography #me
- Cecil Taylor "The Great Paris Concert", Freedom, 1977 (repress on ORG Music for Record Store Day 2019). Cecil Taylor (piano), Jimmy Lyons (alto saxophone), Alan Silva (bass), Andrew Cyrille (drums). Recorded on 30 November 1966 in Paris. "Silent Tongues: Live At Montreux ’74", Freedom, 1975 (2019 repress on ORG Music). A solo piano performance by great improviser Cecil Taylor. This recording from Montreux Jazz Festival, Montreux, Switzerland, July 2nd, 1974, showcases Taylor’s ability to create music that is crossing the borders of so-called jazz and entering the territory of contemporary classical music. #ceciltaylor #thegreatparisconcert #silenttongues #freedom #orgmusic #vinyl
- Show flyer from 1997 for: VISION OF DISORDER, BLOODLET, A DAY IN THE LIFE, POWERHOUSE, EIGHTEEN VISIONS, and CAIN