Latest #vinyl Posts
- “Two of Britain’s top tenor men, it’s Ronnie Scott and Tubby Hayes!” This was a good find for £2. The Music for Pleasure budget label released a lot of crap and is consequently not valued that highly in general. However, there was some great stuff released by them. This is a nice thick pressing that sounds excellent. Most importantly, the music is what counts and music is fantastic. #jazz #vinyl #50s #vinylrecords #vinylcollection #vinyladdict #midcentury #vinylporn #vintage
- Easing back into the working week with Popol Vuh in full incantatory mode, on their fourteenth (!) LP, Agape- Agape Love- Love, first released in 1982 on Norway’s Uniton records. This is probably the PV record I return to most often; it’s quite a neat encapsulation of everything that’s fascinating about them and their music. Plus it has one of their prettiest bits of music, the gorgeous Why Do I Still Sleep.
Popol Vuh are a difficult group to summarise neatly- but I’m always reminded of that famous one liner about The Fall; they fit quite neatly into the ‘always different/always the same’ bracket. That’s not to say individual records aren’t distinctive, or that there isn’t progression (there were some fairly big shifts across their back catalogue)… but you kinda know what you’re gonna get with Fricke & co: enigmatic inner-space voyages, employing acoustic instrumentation and techniques from around the globe in search of… well, it’s hard to say. Mashing together a ramshackle collection of musical ideas across times, genres and geography? Reformulating the entirety of music? Providing mad accompaniment to Werner Herzog’s films? Whatever it was, there was certainly some sort of quest going on.
Agape Agape ticks a lot on the Popol Vuh tropes bingo card: chanting; byzantine song constructions; incredible guitar work; a mostly impenetrable cosmology; moments of creepy intensity and beautiful introspection. And it’s relatively concise, which helps. Why get this album and not one of the many, many other ones? Well, I dunno- but it’s really fucking good.
#popolvuh #agape #love #uniton #onewaystaticrecords #reissue #lp #album #33rpm #drone #krautrock #choral #folk #cosmic #ambient #experimental #newage #nowplaying #onmyturntable #recordoftheday #vinyl #records #vinyljunkie #vinyladdict #vinylcollection #albumart #vinyligclub #vinylcommunity #musicreview
- Day 18 of #waxchallenge..R.I.P
The Prodigy:Keith Flint
Beastie Boys:Adam Yauch
The Fall:Mark E Smith
- 🚨 FOR SALE 🚨 Melba Moore “Never Say Never”
Album is VG and cover is G
Items go to the first person to comment SOLD in the comment section. Please DO NOT leave an email address. We will send an invoice once comment is posted. Invoice must be paid via Ca$h App, PayPal or Venmo within 24 hours.
- New record Monday: Dream Theater - Metropolis Part II: Scenes From a Memory - Limited Coloured 180 Gram Edition 🤘🤘
Metropolis Pt. 2: Scenes From A Memory is the fifth studio album by American progressive metal/rock band Dream Theater. In 2012, it was voted as the number one all-time progressive rock album in a poll conducted by Rolling Stone, beating Rush's 2112 and Close to the Edge by Yes. The album is the sequel to "Metropolis-Part I: The Miracle And The Sleeper", a song previously featured on the band's 1992 album Images and Words.
180 gram audiophile vinyl
20th anniversary edition
Limited edition of 5.000 individually numbered copies on coloured (solid orange & gold mixed) vinyl