Latest #trophyfish Posts
- #throwbackthursday This week we are throwing back to an early season fishing trip this time in March of 2017. You know its early when we fillet beautiful #halibut like this in the snow! Cabin fever setting in? Us to, let's go fishing! #alaskadreamcharters #hellonreels #trophyfish #seward #sewardalaska #fishalaska
#fishon #thealaskalife #saltlife
#tightlines #dreamfishingtrip #fishordie #trophyhalibut #ripalip
Story behind the photo:
Captain Levi will never ever forget this trip. He took a group of 4 out for a sightseeing trip, all aboard said they had no interest in fishing...... that was until they became bored of the 10 humpback whales they watched for about 45 minutes. Someone looked at him and said let's catch some fish. Being that they departed on a sightseeing trip Captain Levi had not prepared or brought any bait along, of course all aboard gave him a hard time because "what kind of fishing captain goes out on the water with no bait!" No problem he replied. After outfitting all the rods with some jigs he sent them all down after some halibut. 15 minutes later this gorgeous early season halibut was pulled in while 3 of the four were distracted by the humpback whale breaching just 40 or 50 feet from the boat. Only in Alaska! If you enjoyed this picture and story follow us here and on Facebook for more fantastic Alaskan fishing adventures!
- Species #13 - Channel Catfish (Ictalurus punctatus) - My first ever Channel Catfish was probably one of my most memorable catches, since it was my first fish over 5lbs (pic 1). I caught it from the same pond as the bass, on the same bait, in the same spot, in a pond in Eastern Carmel, IN. It was a surprising catch, we were catching 2 to 3lb bass and suddenly a 8lb catfish takes my bait. It took a while to bring in on my light rod that I used to catch sunfish. Later that day I caught an even bigger one, not weighed, but I estimate it was at least double the weight (>16lbs). Since then I’ve caught them in several places in the US and even here in Brazil (pic 2). They’re found all over the United States and they’ve been introduced to countries like Brazil as a food fish. They’re found in ponds, lakes, rivers and sometimes in creeks. They can be caught on any stinky bait, like pieces of fish, shrimp, cheese, liver, catfish dough, and on live bait and lures like minnows and senkos. Their color usually gives them away from the other catfish species, but if you’re unsure, you can check the anal fin, and, in this case, it’s rounded. They put up quite a nice fight when they’re big and are one of my favorite North American fish #fish #fishing #multispeciesfishing #multispecies #catchandreleaseonly #catchandrelease #sportfishing #sportfish #trophyfish #bigfish #catfish #bigcatfish #catfishing #freshwater #bait #rodandreel #pond #tbt
- Species #12 - Largemouth Bass (Micropterus salmoides) Probably the most famous fish on my list, and one of the most valued as a sport fish. My friend lived right next to a private pond in East Carmel, IN, which looked absolutely full of fish. We asked for permission to fish it and we did. My first fish there was a 3lb Largemouth, and all the bass we caught that day were at least 1.5lbs. I caught it on an artificial nightcrawler on a light rod. They’re found in ponds, lakes, rivers and creeks, close to structure such as sunken trees, rocks or Lilly pads. Bass are one of the most widespread fish in North America and worldwide, they’ve been introduced to South Africa, Japan and Brazil. They’re easily identifiable by the size of their mouth, which extends past the eye, and their dorsal fins, which are barely connected. They can be caught on a variety of lures, from hard baits like crankbaits, jerkbaits, lipless crankbaits, spinners, spoons, poppers, whopper ploppers, walking baits, and soft baits like senkos, flukes, gulp minnows, curly tailed worms, grubs, frogs, and live bait such as minnows, sunfish and nightcrawlers. They’re a fun and easy fish to catch, putting up a nice fight when they grow to a bigger size. #fish #fishing #sportfish #sportfishing #trophyfish #multispeciesfishing #multispecies #catchandreleaseonly #catchandrelease #bass #bigbass #largemouthbass #largemouth #freshwater #usa #indiana #trophybass #largemouthfishing #biglargemouth #bassfishing #bassin #bucketmouth
- 🔥New Combo🔥 would you use this Shimano casitas with a st criox mojo bass? Paired with one of my bait companies jigs, if you want to pick up some baits dm me!
Please follow me: -@Fishing_nowww
- Sometimes, if you spend an irrational about of time, money and thought ice fishing, you get to witness your friend of 20 years catch the fish of a lifetime. 39" 20.08 lbs. I don't even care that I dropped my phone down the hole! #fishmaine #laketrout #maineguide #meateater #trophyfish
- Officially half way finished! 🤪🤪🤪