Latest #trimcarpenter Posts
- This baseboard detail is pretty sweet.
4 pieces: a plywood sub-base, a flat bottom, then a smaller molded piece, and then a taller cap.
Over all the total size is 12” tall, all out of solid oak.
Pretty stinkin’ cool
- Check out this maple stair that I completed working for @schneidersmillwork!
Designed by @1080architecture, this stair is solid maple treads, with a 7° angle on the risers so that a tread overhang wasn’t necessary.
Everything is sanded flush, and was stained and finished after I completed the stair.
I pre-assembled them in sets of one tread and one riser, took them to the jobsite and fitted each one. It was a lot of work.
Tying this altogether so that all the seams were tight was a bit of a struggle, but with a bit of patience and mind bending it came out really well.
It’s always great to work on projects like these!
- Before & After: custom bookcases added to this Chapel Hill home recently, with adjustable shelves, new crown to match existing, and painted in our standard white. Thank you, Vikor family!
- Give us a call or text for your next trim package! 484.467.1304. Enjoy
- Ohh the process!!! Had a few service calls this afternoon and a @dewalttough rep to talk to! So had to call it a early day but got things situated and just have to run strip lights, finish crown, and wrap up bench! Bench is going to get a little twist after today’s meeting with client. Standby for that.
- Guess I’ll finally do a post on my custom miter saw wings I made over the winter. I wanted something versatile, not just miter wings not just a bench, something that can adapt to whatever job I’m doing. They’re basically a clash between a paulk bench and Gary Katz wings with a few of my own twists. They’re 7’ long each by 11” wide and 8” deep, all birch ply. I made some legs similar to the Katz style to support the ends that get held into the bench with a couple of @rockler_woodworking Magnets to keep them in place during transport. I also made them so you can take both wings and put them together with a couple of drawer hasps on each end to lock them together. Doing this gives me a 22” bench top I can work off of for assembling or cutting bigger stock.
I added some @kaizen_inserts K’nex on the underside of each one, that way I can drop them on a couple stacks of packouts and have a benchtop anywhere. Granted you can’t get into all your boxes other then the top box when they’re on but i like how they’ve turned out so far and the versatility of them. I’ll probably add some T track to the top and make some kind of stop block system at some point. Need to seal them up first. Thanks @garymkatz1 and @thepaulkworkbench for the influence.
Top #trimcarpenter Posts
- Curved walnut feature wall/headboard dealio. Still have the two floating nightstands to make.
The slats are solid 1 1/4x4 and some had to be remade cause walnut doesn’t always like to play nice in a tropical climate.
All in all I’m happy with how it’s turning out.
Swipe to see a bit of how it’s all put together. The slats basically slide over a valance attached to the ceiling. There’s an LED up inside that shines in between the slats. I like that it adds privacy, but still allows plenty of light through it.
#woodworking #finishcarpenter #finishcarpentry #trimcarpenter #walnut