Latest #travelwriter Posts
- This is excerpts from a series of posts that were plastered all over my FB account from a FAKE ACCOUNT. I ignored the first message, though it distressed me greatly. It sickens me to have to defend myself here, but this hate campaign is designed to silence me and I refuse. Let me be crystal clear. I have never lied, never gone into specific detail, never named names. Unfortunately I have experienced many forms of abuse in my life, which led me to accept treatment I shouldn’t. If I wanted to burn my abusers I could, very easily. The truths I could tell. But I don’t. This has never been about any one person, except for myself. I won’t speak on anyone’s behalf, and I won’t badmouth, so I share my emotions in a lyrical way. What I will say is that I will never be grateful or feel lucky for what I endured. We all know that if we were to judge peoples lives off their social media photos, as suggested, then everyone must be living the perfect existence. Unless you lived my life you cannot tell me what I should or shouldn’t feel. These hurtful accusation have brought me to my knees and have no basis in the truth. .
My message is about moving beyond trauma. Recognizing the past, processing the emotions, understanding how events have affected you as a person, and finding a positive forward motion. It has never been about blaming, naming people, or giving any specific personal details of my abuse. To suggest that I am an abuser for speaking out - wow. To come forward and use my voice the way I have has been the most difficult decision. Because it affects me negatively. That’s all some people see when they look at me, though there is so much more. It has made me open to judgement, and carries the assumption that I am somehow dysfunctional, broken and weak. Speaking out has come at great personal cost. This is exactly why people stay silent, shamed. They are often not believed, made out to be liars, far to complicated to deal with. I knew all of this, but I did it anyway. Because I want to make a difference to other survivors. For my page to be perceived in any other way breaks my heart.
- Get out of your comfort zone to live rest of your life the way you imagined... never compromise with yourself and your dreams... before conquering your demon of fear you have to defeat the defeat which is there in your mind. #quotestoliveby #inspiration
- First time ever on board a cruise ship on Friday - it was just in port. Dear god, they are enormous and a sharp contrast to the merchant Navy ships I grew up on! Was lucky enough to have a spa treatment in their Lotus Spa. Very glam #majesticprincess
- Kakadu dreaming... it was so good to have no wifi for a few days and be immersed in nature. Yellow Water wetlands are teeming with birdlife and crocs. ❤️🐊🦆
- Waiting for harbour seals. With no TV and spotty wifi, we had to get creative when we hunkered down for the evening (at home, we watch TV basically every night) so Ollie and I made a wildlife journal and he really went for it. Each day he got excited about what animals we might encounter. Even though ants don't usually thrill me, he demanded they be drawn into the journal. We did see a seal! Along with cows, sheep, our chickens, and eagles to name a few. ⠀
- living my best life, one açai bowl at a time 🍓🍌
- One of the best shows I’ve seen, Le Rêve The Dream at @wynnlasvegas. My city continues to lead in what it means to have world class entertainment. I’m happy to announce that I’m now including entertainment under my beat. I’ll be exploring and reporting on the best in-class extravagant ways to experience entertainment from private boxes to premiere seating on a global scale from nightlife to shows, festivals, and everything in between. Yay!😋💛
- It’s a long way from Copenhagen to Kailua-Kona, Hawaii - but so worth it. (Remind me that when jet lag hits after we’re home again.) The Big Island is beautiful. And spending a week with all my extended family with this as our backdrop even dreamier. More on my stories! Cheers from here. Aloha! 🌸🌴🏖
- Summer portrait of Zoë
- Flying Buttresses of Cathédrale Notre-Dame de Strasbourg. January 2008.
- I'm a Chicagoan till Chicago ends Till we blow like Chicago wind.
- From top of Skógafoss.