Latest #thisismotherhood Posts
- HER FINGERS ON HER CHIN. WAY TO ALWAYS MELT ME INTO A PUDDLE PRUDENCE😭
Kyte BABY is getting ready to launch their amazing new fall collection next month! Today is the first day of their Summer Clearance Sale + you won't want to miss it! >From 7/17 - 7/22 they will have a Clearance Section with items marked down up to 70% off! For 7/17 + 7/18 they're also offering an additional 15% off sitewide (including clearance items). Don't miss out on the softest bamboo sleepwear out there at a good price 😘. #kyteBABYsummersale @kytebaby #ad
- Now that Teddy is mobile, he’s been eagerly exploring our toddler kitchen. He pulls down snacks, takes out all the placemats, explores the hand broom, removes each cup and bowl and makes many messes. It’s inconvenient, it’s even annoying at times, but there’s a reason I haven’t put all the kitchen items away or out of reach... it’s because this is his space too, and part of learning is through exploration. Items can be put back, messes can be cleaned, and through that process he learns. Each time, he learns. .
#montessori #mariamontessori #montessorimom #montessorimum #montessoriathome #montessorilife #montessoriactivity #montessorishelfie #montessoritoddler #montessoriwork #montessoribaby #montessorikids #montessoriinspired #followthechild #preparedenvironment #montessorichildren #childled #mymotherhood #everydaymoments #messymotherhood #momentslikethese #honestmotherhood #momlife #motherhoodunplugged #respectfulparenting #realmotherhood #motherhoodintheraw #thisismotherhood #mynameismama
- Brb... I’m just over here swooning because I still can’t believe I’m a mama of TWO handsome boys. Is this real life Or am I dreaming? .
On another note: @kytebaby is having a HUGE sale right now on their site until 7/22! They’ll have a Clarence section marked down 70% off and from 7/17-7/18 they’re offering an additional 15% off! Their clothes are so dang soft so take advantage of the #KyteBABYsummersale while you can, because you better believe I am! #sponsored
- Her name is Bear and she’s a girl. I’m told she likes to sleep with Zen, but she’s a little concerned about the alligator they share a bed with because he wants to eat her. She’s also afraid of monkeys because they try to “rope her up and throw her in a CAGE”. She’s sometimes afraid of thunderstorms, but she just runs away to Mema’s house for ice cream when that happens and then she comes back home. She like me, but she loves this boy the most and one things for sure — he sure does love her. ❤️
- On today's podcast, meet @jenelleglenn of @veganyogamompodcast. We're discussing how Instagram has sexualized yoga, fan girl out over @msrachelhollis and so much more.
As always don't forget to subscribe, share, and review to help this little podcast grow!
- Each issue I contribute to @ilikeherstylevancouver’s magazine and every single time it’s SO HARD to keep it a secret about what I’m about to share.
I teamed up with @lisa.pineda.fit to put together some morning stretches to start your day on a positive note. I am IN LOVE with the feature, would love it if you grabbed an issue or checked it out online, also swipe right to see two of the cutest photos of Evelyn and my mom stretching it out that @juliechristinephotography snapped just as we were getting started (I may have given them matching hairstyles too )
- Hello 39 weeks! 🌈
Ok, I’m ready to ride the rollercoaster, I think! (Ps. Don’t judge what’s still in the crib, I clearly don’t have it all together 🤷🏻♀️)
- two months with you ♥️ we’ve been having some really good days lately (giving up dairy has already made a difference!) and we are soaking them ALL up. you still have those beautiful blue eyes, and have been loving your new activity mat. we just obsess over your little coos and smiles and all 12lb of those rolls. we can’t wait to know you more, isla grace #ayearofislagrace
- when are we not drinking smoothies? 😎 a fav in our house for sure, cause you know, you can pack it full of whole foods & usually make it taste pretty good! this is a go-to for us b/c cauliflower + blueberries go so well together!
1 cup frozen blueberries
1 cup frozen cauliflower (I steam & then freeze, easier to digest)
1 frozen banana
1 scoop vanilla protein powder (I use @kaizencanada )
Dash of cinnamon
1 cup cashew milk
1 heaping tbsp almond butter
Blend with ice & top with your favs! I used homemade granola & my seed mixture! serves 2 ✌🏼
- Yesterday we walked around our yard and found some pretty things to take photos of. B got her very own camera from @carolsott for her birthday and got lots of pictures of blooms. 😍
- The new @realgoodfoods stuffed chicken breasts are shockingly good 😱😉 But seriously. I’m not joking.
And as a busy mama, easy to prepare dinners are a huge blessing. These can be cooked in the oven (my preferred way) or the microwave if you’re in a hurry. The breasts are filled with cheesy gooey goodness and one breast is 24 grams of protein and only 4 carbs, so it’s a great option if your low carb (and a great option even if you aren’t lol)
Be sure to head to your local @publix today to pick some up and a little chicken 🐔 told me that they’ll hopefully be available in @walmart later this year.
Now excuse me as I go devour these babies before my hubby and son get to them all.
Online coaching spots available! Email or DM for details!
#fitnessmodelsdotcom #RoadToPro #npcbikinicompetitor #eatgoodfood #followmyjourney #roadtogreatness
- If only my hair looked this good on the regular! 😂 Despite my best efforts, I still have an occasional bad hair day and hide it with a hat (see previous post). But truthfully, ever since I figured out what works for me I just stuck with it. It’s all about routines, mama, even with your hair!! .
I don’t like wasting money trying new products unless I’ve been swayed by 5000+ reviews 🤨, so for the last few years these 3 products have earned a gold ⭐️: ⠀⠀
- Redken All Soft shampoo and conditioner - Aquage Uplifting Foam
- L’Oréal Elnett Satin Hairspray ⠀⠀
And....after borrowing my sister in law’s amazing hair dryer, I had to purchase it myself when it went on sale over July 4th! @Drybar Buttercup dryer dried my hair much faster, has way more power than my chi, and seems pretty gentle. Time will tell, but since I love most of the Drybar products, and my blow dryer was giving off a burning smell 🙈 I figured it was time to upgrade! See stories for product pics! .
#drybar #aquage #elnett #lorealelnett #honestmom #everydaymoms #goodhairday #selfcare #lusciouslocks #summerhair #thisismotherhood #justmomlife #momlifestyle #motherhoodsimplified #everydaymoms #ohheymama #mytinytribe #makeyousmilestyle #sandiegomoms #socalmoms #pointloma #missionhills #thelifestyle #singleparent #divorce #cuteandcomfortable #cutewithkids #ipreview via @preview.app
- We often put ourselves last don’t we? And soo the burnout is toooo real. We even put ourselves last when it comes to caring for ourselves during postpartum, and sooo our recoveries are prolonged. YOU MATTER MAMA. Your mental health matters, feeling physically great matters. Take the time BEFORE baby is here to find out what changes happen to your body after labour and how you can help yourself. It’s why we started @postpartumqueen care kits, to help mama’s. Because YOU MATTER. Tag a mama who matters to you
- Early morning bouncing ☀️🧡☀️
- Follow your dreams but not that dream, it makes other people uncomfortable.
Don’t worry about what others think, but on the other hand why are you sharing that on social media?
Health is important, but that’s too much.
Be successful but don’t talk about it.
Building a business is great but wait aren’t you neglecting your kid a little?
You see it doesn’t matter what you do or say, there will always be someone with something negative to say about it. People like to give their opinions about YOUR life regardless of what you are doing.
But don’t worry about what “they” will say. If something is on your heart, it’s there for a reason. You’ll never be free living life based on people’s opinions. You get one life- ONE, remember that. If you are holding back or tip toeing around in fear, the world is missing out on who God called you to be.
- Get ready for the biggest play date of all time! Pack a picnic and join us DOWN by the Bay- this one is for the whole fam! Grandparents, cousins, siblings, neighbors- bring ‘em all! We’ll be gathering in Mission Bay on September 21st...message for details and to let us know if you’ll be there #downbythebay 💙💛 Can’t wait!
- 𝙿𝚕𝚊𝚢𝚝𝚒𝚖𝚎 𝚘𝚛 𝚙𝚑𝚘𝚗𝚎 𝚝𝚒𝚖𝚎? 𝙰𝚗𝚢𝚘𝚗𝚎 𝚠𝚘𝚞𝚕𝚍 𝚝𝚑𝚒𝚗𝚔 𝚝𝚑𝚎𝚜𝚎 𝚝𝚠𝚘 𝚊𝚛𝚎 𝚝𝚎𝚎𝚗𝚊𝚐𝚎𝚛𝚜 𝚊𝚕𝚛𝚎𝚊𝚍𝚢 𝚘𝚗 𝚝𝚑𝚎𝚒𝚛 𝚏𝚊𝚔𝚎 𝚙𝚑𝚘𝚗𝚎𝚜 🙄🤣
- When you’re just blobbin’ around.
Top #thisismotherhood Posts
- One day they will be too big to do this.
But not today.
Today, some emails will go unanswered. The dishes will pile up in the sink, both Rho and I will eat a meal that was frozen and came out of a Whole Foods box. I will have forgotten a step of my skincare routine or to write something down. My hair will go one extra day with dry shampoo.
I won’t remember any of those things. I will remember this.
And what a memory it is.
- "I was not prepared for today. So many things have changed, are changing, and will continue to change from here on out. My hormones are so far out of my control and boy, am I feeling it. Wrapped up in love with this baby, and feeling guilt over not spending enough time with our toddler. I was in tears while I was updating his journal with his birth story. I know things will level out eventually and we’ll find our groove, but for now I’m just making it day by day ❤️"
We're hiring! Go to expectful.com/careers
Expectful is guided meditation for your fertility, pregnancy, & motherhood journey. Our entire platform has been made to support you during one of the most challenging and beautiful times of your life. Use your mind to give your baby the best start by going to expectful.com and signing up for your free trial. ⠀⠀
To learn more about the research on how Expectful can help you, go to: expectful.com/science 💙
- It’s such a rare sight to see Max in any pictures these days. Much less him not doing a silly face AND Emersyn’s smiling! This is a total mom win right here. We’re totally framing this picture. It’s definitely a new fav. I’ve always been close with my brother, and I pray they have a similar relationship growing up. I’m one blessed mama, I still can’t believe they’re mine 💛
- My heart and soul / yesterday night I told mike I felt as though some of my days are so mundane.... I am a human milk and diaper changing machine and when (or if) baby naps I can get some of my work done. Then he reminded of the magic that is my day to day that he doesn’t get to see. The little moments of sweetness when Magali curls up on me, the special bond I’m creating through nursing, and the quiet moments of just observing her nap and watching the tiny movements of her hands and toes. 📷 @cpienaarphoto #MagaliGrace #AliyanaRae #TheTeixeiras #motherhoodjourney #raisingtinyhumans #newbornbaby #littleonesonfilm
- Let’s shop together! I’m so excited to host an event at Madewell this Friday night from 5-7. My two loves (shopping + snacks) are coming together for the perfect girls night. I would LOVE to see you if you’re able to pop by!
- Last night, Theo came downstairs not even 5-minutes after I’d put him to bed. I had just sat down to relax.
I really wanted to reprimand him and sternly send him back to bed.
We’re pretty strict about the kids coming downstairs after bedtime, BUT... I also want my kids to come to me if they’re struggling with something.
So, I took a deep breath and asked him what was wrong. “I just can’t sleep because I miss Grampa” his little voice said.
Oh my heart. “I know love, it happens to me, too” I said.
We looked at pictures and videos of his Grampa together and he still wasn’t ready to go to bed.
So, I asked him if he wanted to read next to me. We sat and quietly read books together, his little body curled up against mine.
After 2 books, I asked if he was ready to go back to bed and he was.
That could have easily taken a different direction if I’d reacted first and listened later.
When children break rules, there’s often (not always- but often!) a why behind it.
If you focus on the WHY behind the misbehavior, you have an opportunity to make a real connection with your kids.
They say that if you want your kids to talk to you when they’re teenagers, that you have to be willing to listen when they’re little kids.
I’m not always good at this… But last night, I crushed it ❤️
#raisingtinyhumans #magicofmotherhood #honestmommin #motherhoodjourney #thisismotherhood
#mamasofinstagram #mamahoodinsquares #motherhoodisdarling #momlifeishard