Latest #thinkingofyou Posts
- GEFÜHLT IMMER DA
Es wird von Tag zu Tag leichter und gleichzeitig immer fremder, das Gefühl das du nicht mehr da bist. Fremder deswegen, weil es sich immer noch nicht real anfühlt. Als ich letztens von dir geträumt habe, warst du greifbar und so nah. Ich konnte dich umarmen und es fühlte sich unglaublich echt an, wirklich real - ich konnte dich spüren Mama 🖤
Ich hoffe du schenkst mir mehr von diesen Träumen, weil es war so schön dich wieder lachen zu sehen. Danke für diesen TRAUM. Vielleicht war es nur dieser eine, in dem ich dich spüren durfte, wenn dem so is, bin ich froh, diesen einen Traum gehabt zu haben.
Mama ich liebe dich 🖤🦋
#dream #dreamofyou #mumiloveyou #missyou #thinkingofyou #hope #dreamgirl #happy #theone #love #wishyouwherehere #liebedich #heartbeat #feelings #family #bruises #neverforgetyou
- Senator Maureen Walsh proclaimed on the Senate floor that Critical Access Hospital nurses should be exempt from protections in mandatory overtime because they sit around and play cards most of the day: “I understand… making sure that we have ‘rest breaks’ and things like that. But I also understand that we need to care for patients first and foremost… I would submit to you that those [critical access hospital] nurses probably do get breaks! They probably play cards for a considerable amount of the day!”
– -Sen. Maureen Walsh 4/16/19 comments on SHB 1155, a bill eliminating loopholes in mandatory overtime
Ignoring for a moment the incredibly disrespectful and patronizing nature of Sen. Walsh’s remarks, it’s evident that she misunderstands the purpose and function of the bill. Mandatory overtime isn’t just an abhorrent employer practice: it’s also a terrible patient care practice.
Study after study show that unplanned overtime assignments have a high potential to be unsafe. Working more than 10 hours in a given day, when unplanned, results in lower quality of care, higher RN burnout, decreased patient satisfaction, and increased errors.
That’s why, ultimately, there is zero logic behind an amendment to the rest breaks bill that would cover nurses and patients in some hospitals, while leaving others without any protections. There’s a reason it’s so hard to recruit nurses to rural facilities – exempting them from laws requiring uninterrupted breaks and subjecting them to mandatory overtime would just make it worse.
No, Senator, nurses are not sitting around playing cards. They are taking care of your neighbors, your family, your community. And they do read the research: mandatory overtime is bad for patient care and it’s bad for your rural hospitals. With all due respect, Sen. Walsh: perhaps it’s time for you to put down the cards and pick up the literature.
If you’re a nurse who doesn’t play cards for a considerable amount of the day, you can email your legislator about this issue here: https://p2a.co/EDv6Ikt.
Who is this Senator? It’s a real shame someone with legislative power can even fix their mouth to talk so reckless about us🤬
- Jessica found our Notre Dame paper. We are thinking of the French and wishing them a Happy Easter despite the fire.
- Why do we spend our time giving our power to someone else? Because approval feels good. Validation creates reality and ultimately we are hard-wired to fit in. •
It’s no secret that those that believe in themselves and have done the work to create real self esteem hear their own voice first and foremost. They are selective about who’s opinion they listen to and judgement becomes just noise.
- “Boy lately, you been stingy with your time, got me wondering , I’m wondering if I’m on your mind. Boy I just wanna be in your possession. You say I’m the one you want so come express it” 🎶 (Rhianna voice) I need love and affection.... hope I’m not sounding too desperate ....! (Future voice) #loveeeeeeesong #riri #fbf #imnotaskingfortheworld @georgeplusfd 🖤 #thinkingofyou
- Signature Laazati Easter arrangement 🐣🐣🐣
- When you see someone you love take their last breaths, it changes you forever.
You hope with all your heart that they are not suffering & that they are at peace knowing they will be okay. Honestly you hope so many things.
It was 4pm & our nurse was just arriving for her 8 hour shift with us, something else started to shift, we just didn’t know it. We were not quite sure when she would begin to transition because she had been the way she was for days at this point.
Our nurse was the kindest & most thoughtful nurse who asked the sweetest questions before she began to help her.
I swear God hand picked her to be there for these final moments.
No accident or coincidence here. She was a single mother of 3, just like my mom had always been, and was taking care of the sick & their families, just like Mama did.
She had so much compassion just like Mom & It was almost like my Mom was in the room with us through her.
It was just amazing.
Just as she began to explain what she would be paying close attention to in Mom’s breathing patterns that’s when it all began to happen.
I couldn’t believe it.
She said “I think she is starting to pass”
You are never ready for that.
Of course I knew it was coming.
The temptation is holding on in that moment, but I knew my Mom needed me to be strong.
So I just began coaching her through it. I kept saying “I’ve got you Mama, I’m right here, it’s okay, you’ve got this , we love you”
I grabbed all the phones I could & got her best friend Marisa Jones, My sisters & Her Mama on FaceTime. Athena her pup was there too. She was licking her and on the bed right there with her. We were all there watching those last breaths for hours, which only felt like minutes. At 6:20, the time the sun begins to set is when my Angel took flight. What a beautiful time.
Continuation in the comments below👇🏼🕊