Latest #thejourney Posts
- fly into the unknown, into the mists that envelop you — so that you may become one... ♥️🎨 ‘flying into the unknown’ - 24 x 36 oil on canvas.
hit your girl up for commissions babiesss. 🙏🏽
- The journey of one of our prints from our little studio in Cowes, to 40,000+ visitors at the Royal Exhibition Building!
Check it out 🐾
- Buying a car is the *@%ing worst. But having a new (to me) car? Unmatched.
To this point in my life, all of my cars have been hand-me-downs or the absolute cheapest option I could afford without being completely embarrassed. My last one (an '08 Nissan Versa), I bought used and drove for 11 years. That little guy got me through a lot of difficult times, and a hundred thousand miles or so. I got engaged with that car, and married with that car, and played countless shows with that car. I went to and from @sputniksound to make Deep Cuts in that car. Drove to literally thousands of writes and sessions in that car. Had to drive home after being rejected from music companies in that car. Took a full-time job to make sure my family was taken care of in that car. Had two completely-not-my-fault fender benders in that car. In the case of both accidents I didn't have enough money to pay bills, and so I made the decision to leave that car the way it was and used the money for more important things.
But get this, and this is the most important part: It never let me down. The whole time. I took care of it, and it took care of me, and we puttered along quietly and humbly through this life doing what we could, even if it wasn't pretty, to get on with it. It never crapped out or left me stranded.
I know towards the end of our time together I got mad when it would shake over 60 mph. I would avoid highways whenever possible, and if I went to a particularly important write or meeting, I would park way down the street or Uber from embarrassment, and I am so, so sorry I ever thought those things about such a true and trusted friend. I need the record to show that I am so very grateful for the blessing of that bent up old @Nissan : the one that just quietly got me through without ever needing much from me in return. Which is good, because for a long time, I didn't have a lot to give.
I'm gonna miss you so, so much.
And to my new friend, I tell you this: you are pretty, and you excite me, and you are mine, and you have VERY big shoes to fill.
But oh, the adventures we'll have.
#Jeep #JeepLife #DeepCuts #AllOfTheFeels #TheJourney #IndependentNotAlone #FosteringAdventure
- The feminine is our access point to the greater realm of spirit, yet most of our concepts of the feminine are restrictive and inaccurate portrayals of this profound way of being.
As if looking at a vast landscape through a pinhole, we are missing the beauty that is right next to us. 🌹 @tamilynnkent
- Forgive but never forget!
It empowers you !
- You ever meet someone and you’re like, “Daaaaawg, let me tell you....” #MeNeither
- Tonight, I tried my hand at a twist on a Cheesesteak sandwich. 😍 It turned out #awesome
I'm not a baker, so I toasted a deli bun. Lol. (Cheat.) Cooked yellow onions, red bell pepper, and shaved rib-eye together in a pan. At the end, I placed some non-dairy smoked provolone then covered to melt it. I put together a bbq based sauce to help bring out the flavor in the "cheese." Topped it all off with raw spinach. #yum
#momlife #foodie #thejourney #deliciousness #itsaprocess #homechef #steak #cheesesteak #flavor
- When I created this calendar, I had no idea (humanly) how on the money these words would be to the journey each month. So far every month has been aligned with where not only I am, but others are on their journey. It’s that spiritual stuff that can’t be explained, but I over-stand. I over-stand to the point that it was meant for me to take on this experience of creating. In the end, it’s about how it’ll help me and others to be the better version of ourselves that we desire - that we are.
This post wasn’t easy because for the past few months I’ve really been within. I’m a born seeker. It’s not about trying to control an outcome, but about going within, beyond the external BS that has clouded many, but I’ll speak for self, my mind when it comes to navigating life. This picture represents so much. It is inside a cave with a view of the outside. For me that represents going within (often) to uncover who I am. Understanding that there is a life to live, a world to navigate through, but with a foundation of self-awareness that directs me to the places I need to go. She has grown in many ways, but the evolution never stops. There is no arrival, but a continuous experience of realizing who I (you, we) have always been. See as a child we know. We are crazy connected to the divine, the universe, spirit and/or source - whatever you call your God. The point is, we are clear on who we are, why we are and what we are to this life. But along the way, the external forces, experiences begin to shape us - in so many different forms, that we forget there is no mold to be shaped into, because we are the mold.
You see this search is not based on the past - I’m beyond that. This search is to get back to my knowing. And the truth is, if you’ve had a conversation about spirituality with me, you understand what I do know. That’s why this calendar is unfolding as it is. What is inside me and inside you, is something far beyond what the eye can see. It’s is our sixth sense, our third eye if you will. It is the piece of us that has and will always be. It is our safe place. It is the reason I (you, we) continue forward, even when I (you, we) rather not.
FINISHED IN COMMENTS...
- if i don’t talk about this, i will never rest.
-trigger warning-this post deals with suicide-
when someone takes their own life, it doesn’t matter whether you liked them or not; it’s still awful. it doesn’t matter whether they were a ‘burden’ to those around them; it’s still awful. it doesn’t matter if they were ‘doing it for attention’; it’s still awful. to know that ‘it was going to happen anyway’, does not justify it in any way, shape, or form. in a way, saying that is glorifying it, making it okay in this instance because the people around them don’t ‘have to worry about them anymore’. this is never okay. it’s not okay to use suicide as a means of ‘teaching’ others a lesson, and it’s just as dangerous to treat it like acting out. ..:
fill your heart with compassion. mourn for those we’ve lost, but remember to fight for those who are still struggling. be there for them, regardless of their difficult-ness. the right person can make all the difference. don’t let yourself be abused trying to help, but don’t let them abuse themselves either. love each other. every little bit of love counts. you’re not alone. i’m sorry if this all sounds disjointed; i am a little disjointed right now.
-if anyone feels i have spoken in error or poor judgement, please do not hesitate to let me know. we have to keep each other accountable-
#visualstorytelling #thejourney #oldsouls #hope #light #friend #trees #silence #nature #camaraderie #art #entrenched #eastisup #suicideprevention #suicideawarness #mentalhealthawareness #hope #itsokaynottobeokay #youwillneverwalkalone #youwillbefound #youwillbeokay
- From a ☎️ booth to afternoon ☕️ and just overall fun with my babe today!
Top #thejourney Posts
- From a ☎️ booth to afternoon ☕️ and just overall fun with my babe today!
- If you’re having a hard day, you’re not alone.
Whatever you’re going through right now, maybe a loss of a loved one, exhaustion from being a new parent, anxiety and depression, a horrible break up or divorce, if you’ve currently been cheated on, if you lost your job or if you just feel stuck in life.. YOU ARE NOT ALONE👏🏼👏🏼❤️
I know sometimes it feels like we are. I know sometimes you just want to throw in the towel because it’s easier to give up then to keep pushing forward. I’ve had those days. I’m sure every human has. But if you’re having a really shitty day, I encourage you to open up and tell someone!
Let the energy out that’s been chaining you to the bottom of the depths and start freeing yourself. Opening up and telling someone about what you’re going through can take massive amounts of unnecessary weight off of your heart.
I love you. Breathe.
If you’re going through something tough, if you feel like you can’t talk to anyone, please comment below about what you’re going through and I’ll respond. Because knowing that someone is there listening to you, even for a moment, especially when you feel like you have no one; it’s everything❤️
I also promise that the comment section will be a safe space and any rude or unnecessary comments will be delegated and block🙏🏻 I want you to feel heard and loved!
I also encourage you all to respond to the comments that you see, TO SUPPORT AND UPLIFT one another! Be the community you wish to have in your life❤️❤️
- Each time I graduate to a new level of wholeness within me it meets me with another layer, wound, and area that needs healing in order to access the next level. I wonder if I will ever get to the core of who I am.. I wonder how many layers await me..I feel myself transforming once again.. but it's at that awkward stage between integration and emergence. I find myself reminding myself frequently that this is a journey, one where there is no destination, and to just enjoy exactly where I am, not take it too seriously, and embrace the experiences. "Healing is not linear" nor is it ever "done" or "over." No healing, no growth. No growth, no challenges. No challenges, no experiences. What's life without all of the in between stuff anyways? 🙃
Artist: Hajin Bae