Latest #socialworker Posts
- Podcasts and comfort food: click on the link in our bio to find out how independent support worker Kylie finds out what works for her clients.
Image description: Independent Support Worker Kylie is smiling at the camera in a yellow jumper.
- Earth Saviours Foundation was founded in 2008 by Ravi Kalra.
Having earned a fair bit of money, he wanted to give it back to society by doing "seva" (public service). While he always had this urge to do something to improve the lives of the needy, he got his epiphany when he came upon a beggar child scouring garbage along with street dogs on a busy Delhi road.
A few months after that incident, he started his foundation and, since then, has dedicated himself to improving the lives of abandoned senior citizens, physically and mentally disabled, victimised women, and people suffering with incurable diseases.
Around 450 homeless people, including over 300 mentally-challenged persons, found a home at this two-acre site in a rustic setting not far away from Gurugram's self-absorbed modern urbanity. At Gurukul, one doctor and three nurses are available between 9 am and 6 pm every day. For recreation, there are televisions, books, newspapers and a carrom board. The foundation has cremated over 5,000 unclaimed bodies so far.
He is a perfect example that shows there is still good left in this world.
#ngo #charity #respect #socialwork #socialworker #socialgood #charitywork #seniorcitizens #socialworker #givingback #disabled #helping #poor #poverty #respecteveryone #beingpositive #volunteering #motivation #inspiration #positivity #elders #change #difference #bethechange #beachange #bethedifference
- First day of #summer has me feeling a bit like super mom. Up first, breakfast for the kids, work, lunch at home to make sure everyone was alive, ran an errand, more work, rush home to change, #crossfit where I got a 40 lbs PR on my #overheadsquat (hello 110 lbs 1x1), dropped the boys off, went shopping with the Girl Scouts, grabbed some basic healthy food for the week, put gas in my car, took care of dinner, packed my husbands lunch, sent him to work, picked up the house, and snuggled with my loves, now finally watching #nailedit with a sleeping girl on me. #momlife at its finest. Really though, this mama feels like a very tired and successful rockstar. What’s your Monday like?! #exhaustedmommy #crossfitgirls #fattofitjourney #healthylife #nightshiftwifelife #leow #bluelinefamily #workingmomfitness #workingmom #socialworker #girlsinglasses
- It’s easy for us to forget that every expert was once a beginner. If you’re starting a new job, just remember that everyone else in the office has been there before you. If you have a meeting or court or something you’ve never done in your role, remember that things will only go up from here. Humans are understanding and the only way we grow is when we step out of our comfort zones. Happy Monday all. #calgary #socialwork #socialworker #yyc #bsw #beginner #bigsteps
- Delicate, 8x10, acrylic on canvas
Before I began a career in social work, I allowed the first impression of another person to determine my perspective of them... forever. Harsh.
However, as time passed by I reflected upon all of the first impressions I had inevitably made on others and how they reacted to me in that moment... I realized how unfair that habit is.
We all go through the best and worst parts of life. Each and every one of those scenarios has an impact on our lives... both internally and superficially. We constantly change... sometimes for the better... other times... for the worse.
Like a hummingbird’s throat feathers become more fantastically colorful or dull based on their environment... so too do we.
Be kind to one another. Meet people where they are. Give second chances... ...because we are all... delicate.
Inspired by the one and only, Taylor Swift. “This ain't for the best
My reputation's never been worse, so
You must like me for me”-Taylor Swift “A hummingbird’s brilliant throat color is not caused by feather pigmentation, but rather by iridescence in the arrangement of the feathers. Light level, moisture, angle of viewing, wear and tear and other factors all influence just how bright and colorful the throat may appear.” https://www.thespruce.com/fun-facts-about-hummingbirds-387106
#delicate #hummingbirds #inspired #arttherapy #selfcare #painting #acryliconcanvas #acrylics #canvas #swiftie #swifties #gayswiftie #swiftie4ever #instagay #gayboy #pride #secondchances #change #firstimpressions #ts7iscoming #taylorswiftfollowtrain #selfreflection #pride #reputation #socialwork #socialworker #socialworkselfcare
- Just out here trying to win hearts and minds...it’s all in the details. 🖤+🧠=📸
- Change your focus and you will change your reality. 🦋
- After 2 sports physicals, a 35 min weights workout, 30 min walk/run, a therapy appt, testifying at a probable cause hearing, and running a 2.5 hour practice...this is finally my 1st real meal of the day. 3 egg spinach, mushroom and Colby jack cheese omelet with a little over 1/4 of an avocado on the side. I’m hoping I will sleep good tonight. #keto #healthymom #busymom #softballcoach #intermittenfasting #socialworker
- just a little reminder for myself ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
i’ve experienced my first long saturday at work this past weekend. i left work after my four hour session completely exhausted mentally and physically. 😴😴 social work is a field that’s not always a bed of sunflowers. there’s going to be easy days and there’s going to be hard days.
you just have to keep going!! don’t give up and don’t stop!! ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
#college #socialwork #socialworker #crsp #nyc #fostercare
Top #socialworker Posts