Latest #shelterdog Posts
- Swipe to see me not having it with this hike🥾 such strenuous exercise is well outside of our comfort zones🚧
- This sweet face belongs to Gem @yonkersanimalshelter and her story is beyond heartbreaking. Humans have failed Gem so many times, yet she is not one to let anything get her down.
Gem was originally surrendered to the shelter back in 2015. She was surrendered for no particular reason, but it was quite apparent that she was used for breeding, and then one day they probably didn’t need her any longer. She spent 20 months behind shelter walls waiting, then in January of 2017, Gem found what we all believed was her family. Everyone believed she had found her happily ever after, but after 2 years she found herself back at the shelter.
Gem waited another 6 months behind bars, then last week what she thought was finally her miracle walked through the shelter doors and took her home. Sadly, less than 12 hours later Gem found herself back behind bars at the shelter. Her adopter never owned a dog before and suffered a severe allergic reaction. Through no fault of her own, once again, Gem is homeless.
This lovable girl is about 8-9 years young, 55 lbs, likes long walks outdoors, and is so polite on her leash. She knows her basic commands and truly aims to please. The shelter believes that Gem is mixed with some type of Hound, possibly a Bassett because of her long body, and stated that she is basically a nose attached to a dog body and she will follow a scent anywhere.
Gem is described as smart, sassy, gentle, love-bug of a dog who LOVES people and happily greets everyone she meets. She is up for doing just about anything but always down to chill energy level to fit your lifestyle. She is a very laid back girl who loves to be outside and roll in the grass. Household with children ages 10 and up are recommended.
While it is true that Gem is not fond of sharing her personal space with other animals, with her by your family’s side you will need no other.
Be Gem’s angel by giving her a forever home. Her gentle and loving nature is one of the most tender, rewarding and sweet things in life—why deny yourself? #adoptdontshop #shelterdog #adoptabledog #nydog #yonkersanimalshelter
Yonkers Animal Shelter
1000 Ridge Hill Blvd
- EXTREMELY URGENT 💔🙏🆘😢😔 Posted @withrepost • @killershot20 #A1873858 Pablo
Meet Pablo! He is a 5 year-old bulldog mixed breed dog that weighs 67 pounds. Pablo is a very sweet and gentle dog despite his severe skin and eye infection. He loves snuggling with people and being scratched under his chin. Pablo knows how to sit for treats and would love to be in a home where he can get lots of cuddles. He will be neutered upon adoption come meet him at the South LA Animal Shelter 1850 W.60th Street, Los Angeles, 90047 Tel (213) 485-0303.
http://petharbor.com/pet.asp?uaid=LACT3.A1873858 #bulldog #englishbulldog #dog #doggo #dogs #pup #puppy #pupper #shelterdog #rescuedog #adoptdontshop #animalneglect
- Happy tongue out Tuesday my fur-iends!
- HUGO STILL LOOKING FOR RESCUE; HAS SUBSTANTIAL PLEDGES AND SPONSOR OFFER
RESCUE ONLY; CAN'T BE ADOPTED DUE TO BSL!
@barbellsforbullies HAVE OFFERED TO SPONSOR Hugo
Repost from Rebecca Rood FB
July 6-Hugo is still at the shelter.
I took both of these photos. One during outreach and the other photo at animal control.
This was Hugo's life before animal control. He lived on a chain, in the freezing cold, rain, snow, and in the blazing Georgia summer heat. He was neglected and most of the time starved, covered in fleas and ticks. Until the outreach group brought food and water /medication for him and his other chained buddies.
Luckily (or not, time will tell) Hugo was impounded when his "owners" were arrested.
Hugo is rescue only. Unfortunately due to the life he lived previously Hugo is not dog friendly. However he is very people friendly and friendly with children.
Hugo ID #182201 is located at PAWS/Floyd county animal control in Rome, GA.
Facts About Me Hugo
Pit Bull Terrier
UTD on shots
Is the dog a PIT Bull, or PIT mix? PIT Bulls may only be RESCUED by a legitimate RESCUE Group outside of Floyd County, GA, please. No adoptions. This is a county law.
Read the facility's rules here http://www.romefloyd.com/departments/animal-control - #regrann - #regrann #rescuedog #rescuedogs #shelterdog #shelterdogs #georgia #adoptabledog #dogsofgeorgia #adoptdontshop #neglectsurvivor #rescuedogsrock #fosteringsaveslives #endbsl #🚫bsl
- EXTREMELY URGENT 💔🙏🆘😢 Posted @withrepost • @killershot20 #A1869916 Patty
Meet Patty! She is a spayed 6 year-old Armenian Gampr mixed breed dog that weighs 135 pounds. Patty was thrown out of a car before being brought to the South LA Shelter. Despite this horrific accident Patty remains optimistic and is a staff favorite at the shelter. She is an excellent leash walker and loves to snuggle around with people. She has a vaginal prolapse and needs an immediate private veterinarian. Patty is a gentle soul in a large body come meet her at the South LA Animal Shelter 1850 W.60th Street, Los Angeles, 90047 Tel (213) 485-0303.
http://petharbor.com/pet.asp?uaid=LACT3.A1869916 #dog #dogs #doggo #pup #puppy #pupper #shelterdog #rescuedog #adoptdontshop #southLA #SOUTHCENTRAL #LA #LosAngeles
- 🙏🙏🙏❗️❗️❗️Буду благодарна , если вы расскажите обо мне на своих страничках❤️❤️❤️👍🏻😉РЕПОСТЫ прям❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️не забывайте отмечать меня!!! СПАСИБО ❤️❤️❤️ Как вы заметили, очень много собачек нуждается в лечении, передержках, постоянно клянчу на нужды приюта , ребятушки мои, поймите, вместе мы сила, если по 100 рублей скинутся три человека это 300 рублей, а если 10 человек уже тысяча❗️❗️❗️❗️❗️🤷♀️🤷♀️🤷♀️поэтому рассказывайте обо мне на своих страничках!!! Нас станет больше и меньше несчастных хвостов!!! Прошу не увидеть в моем тексте меркантильный контекст!!! Прошу не для себя, а за тех, кто не может попросить🙏😭Многие мне уже написали в директ как делать репост?! 1 способ-это скачать программу репостов-их полно и репостить/репостить и репостить😁2 способ-это сделать фото экрана и написать текст самому или я вам текст в директ скину и 3 способ, чтобы моя публикация появилась у вас в сторис это нажать на стрелочку около моего фото! Не стесняйтесь, задавайте вопросы!!! Вместе мы сила!!!!! #непокупайприюти #возьмисобакуизприюта #волжский #вдобрыеруки #волгоград #собака #ищудом #собакавдобрыеруки #нужнапомощь #собакавдар #возьминепокупай #34регион #любовь #моданадворняг #дворняга #друг #щенок #собака #dog #cat #help #home #дом #family #shelterdog #dogberryme
- “Nearly 5 years ago, I adopted Ripley from Just Paws Animal Rescue. Not only was he a constant source of entertainment and energy, but he crashed into my life at a time when I needed him most, without even knowing it. Over the past year, I've wanted to give back to the organization that brought this little whirling dervish into my life, so I finally got around to organizing a small BBQ fundraiser on June 1st with some close friends. Everyone was more than happy to donate - they know of the great work Just Paws does and they know (and love) what Ripley means to me. Basically, a bunch of dog-people got together, ate some burgers, and raised $1,200 in one night. Hoping this helps many other pooches just like Ripley, from all over North America, to find their forever homes”
Thank you so much to @rhuber83 and Ripley for raising this money to help us save more dogs! Ripley is a lucky boy to have such a wonderful dad
#dog #dogsofjustpaws #justpawsanimalrescue #dogsofinstagram #doglife #dogsofig #rescuedogs #rescuesofinstagram #shelterdog #instagram #adoptdontshop #fosterdog #adoptme #dogsforlife #ontario #toronto #torontopets #torontodogs #dogsoftoronto #dogoftheday #petsofinstagram #pupper #lovemydog #doglove #givingback #ripley #rescuedog #rescuedogs
- _________________________ Happy 7th Birthday, Little Lola🎉🎁
We love you very much and are incredibly grateful for you every day!
Can I tell you a little secret? You may not know it, but you’re the beagle that changed it all for me. Before you joined our family, I had known absolutely nothing about shelter pets. I had always wanted a cute chocolate lab puppy and I was willing to pay a breeder a lot of money for it. Why? Because I felt like that’s what people do.
But when your Dad found you needing our help, things changed for me. You showed me how wonderful shelter pets are and how dogs like you (and cats like Shadow) are the victims of a society that finds you replaceable and worthless.
Today, your Dad and I volunteer at shelters, support rescue organizations, follow more sustainable diets, and share your story and the story of other pets just like you as much as possible to raise awareness. You don’t know it, but you really are the beagle that changed it all.💕
- NEW VENDOR ALERT
We have quite a few new awesome vendors joining us for this month’s #localBARKmarket, including the talented @spacepandacreations! So make sure to mark Sunday 7/28 from 12-5pm down on your calendars and just us @plebavl for an afternoon of shopping, community, food, and drinks! 😍🙌🏼❤️
- If you don’t know this feeling, come check out our potential ambassadors of #love❤️🐾🙌🏽
Top #shelterdog Posts
- It's #TongueOutTuesday, Nicholas Bubba's favorite day of the week! Nicholas Bubba is a happy, goofy boy who is in search of his perfect #fureverfamily. He would love a home with other dogs close to his size to play with. Could he be the perfect pup for you? #ToT
- This is Sadie. She’s two years old. She’s enthusiastic and sweet. Sadie came for a mountain drive today. We made an attempt at a trial I’ve attempted before. Today made 0-2 successes on that trail. There’s a creek crossing right off that I was prepared for today, but Sadie said it’s too cold (or too deep or too rushing..; I’m not a great listener). So we made our way up a mountain side nearby to smell wildflowers (here in the wild, just “flowers”) and eat wild strawberries (here in the wild, just “strawberries“) and then climbed a rock glacier (the road from here was blocked by bighorn sheep anyway). Sadie watched the sheep calmly from our aerial perspective, but she nearly removed us both from the rock pile when she saw a chipmunk (we were tethered at the torsos). We somehow survived the presence of the little critter and made it back to the car. As we shared a sandwich in the car, three grizzly cubs led their mom up the popular rock glacier trail. I warned them of the pesky chipmunk. Sadie watched the bears quietly from inside the car while I took note of my good fortune (sometimes timing really is everything). Once all the critters (big and small) were off the road, we meandered back through the mountains to Canmore where Sadie met Beans (she likes him) and her super foster human (she likes him, too). #fosteringsaveslives
If you know someone who would love an eager and happy pup who likes bears and doesn’t trust rodents, let them know about this bright eyed pup. She’s available for adoption from @pawsitivematchrescue in Calgary. #adoptable
Thank you John Smiley in Calgary for being an incredible foster human to Sadie (check her Sadie feed on Twitter: JohnSmiley), for a Sadie delivery, and for fueling more of this project of strange adventures.
- Už je to rok, co máme doma tohodle malýho smraďocha!😍😂 byl to naprostej osud! Našli jsme jí, a když se o ní v útulku nikdo nepřihlásil, jela s náma domů😊 buď jí někdo vyhodil nebo utekla a páníček jí už nehledal.. tak teď má nás a my jí milujeme, jak jen to jde!😍 psi z útulku jsou stejně dobrý, jako ty kupovaný a jen čekaj, až si je někdo vezme domů😔tak to zkuste, uvidíte, že vás překvapí a budou vděční😍💕 jinak Nelina je klasickej voříšek, možná napůl shiba-inu možná taky ne, kdo ví😂 ale její povaha odpovídá na sto procent😂 tenhle úsměv je prostě k nezaplacení💕😍
#dog #halfshiba #shibainu #doggo #shelterdog #útulek #pes #smilingdog
- Reunited after several years. @_princesscharlotte_ and her mom @lady_sala_manderz were my special surprise guests on stage last night at the 75th anniversary of the @humanesocietysoaz banquet. Sold out event. Great cause. Special thanks to @lomi227 for producing and making event run smooth. Charlotte in my arms here was confiscated from her family by animal control for serious abuse and neglect. Her leg was amputated because the family never got her any vet care after it was broken. She’s in much better hands now.