Latest #sgfood Posts
- [GIVEAWAY POST]
In celebration of Singapore’s birthday(54th), @intartes.sg will be giving away one 6” tart of your choice❤️ How to participate✍🏻
1. Follow us @intartes.sg
2. Share this post on your Insta Story
*Account must set to public
3. Comment your choice of flavor & Tag one friend
Contest ends on 30th July, 2pm.
- The lunch bowl the CBD needs & deserves. Unapologetically flavourful fried pork chop with sous vide egg around $10. It's time to splash some colour to your colleagues' plain vanilla lunches with this recommendation, and there are other selections such as burnt chilli chicken, fried chicken , fried shishamo, lu rou fan, beef shortplate & more.
- [ALL DAY DRINK ALL YOU CAN]
Due to popular demand, we are extending our Lunchtime Happy Hour.
Enjoy 60 mins of free flow drinks all day, from Monday to Friday at only $20++!!
Hurry, head down to Tsuruhashi Fugetsu @ Suntec City to enjoy this limited time offer!
- @forlinosg's Ravioli took me by surprise; hand-crafted pillows of wonder, stuffed with slow-braised beef chuck. They did good in the beef department - it was tender, flavourful & each ravioli had a sizeable portion stuffed into it.
The seasonal black truffle shavings on top were generous & decadent. & I found that the flavours of this impressive dish nicely tied together with the creamy aged parmigiano fondue.
Definitely a winner in my books & I would 100% order this again! I got this at half off thanks to #BurppleBeyond, but would totally pay full price for it. Want to win a @burpple Beyond all-day annual membership plan? Scroll back for my giveaway post & you just might get lucky 🍀
- If you run out of cigarettes, come here for your smoke fix ($6/8/10). Apparently they fry it with charcoal fire. Which explains why the smokiness is off the charts; the intense wok hei was immediately apparent from my first bite. Well, that and the billowing clouds of smoke that constantly streamed out of the kopitiam.
Apart from its deep smokey profile, the stock was also super robust which gave it a rich flavourfulness that only the top hokkien mees can boast of. It's the wet type, but not overly moist IMO (if you eat it fresh and hot), as every strand of perfeclty-fried bouncy noodle was well coated with an ample amount of the stock.
The sambal chili was maybe too sweet but it still gave a nice kick and helped cut through the heaviness. But aside from this, Swee Guan's rendition is crazy good and easily top 3 in SG for me.
- Xin Fu Tang is probably the best brown sugar milk in Singapore we’ve tasted! We’ve tried the one in Taiwan and we must say the one in Singapore is for some reason, much much better!
- This is really good! I highly recommend their Oreo brown sugar milk and I’m surprise that their brown sugar pearl was not too sweet.
- Take a trip down memory lane at this year’s The Fifty Cents Fest at Chinatown Food Street on the 27 & 28 July. With over 40 stalls and mobile vendors selling popular Hokkien dishes like Braised Duck Rice, Oyster Cake, Buddha Jumps Over the Wall, visitors are in for a huge treat!
Look out for the flavourful Cha Gay Ah (Hokkien Tapioca Noodles)! Made by kneading tapioca flour into the dough and fried with dried shrimps, dark soy sauce and vegetables, this springy noodle has a wonderfully chewy texture. But, our favourite has got to be the Kong Ba Bao (Braised Pork Belly Bun). With every bite, this savoury goodness melts in the mouth! Head over to hgw.sg/the-fifty-cents-fest-2019 (link in bio) to find out how you can get your hands on these.
#The50CentsFEST #sgfoodfest #sgfood #yummy #foodsg #foodgasm #foodfestival #hokkien #chinatown #hokkienfood
- 📍🇸🇬 Singapore
PARTEA has some new flavours on their menu.SnapBurp is ready for a mint 😈 cup of tea! Agree with @baoooozy that there isn't a lot of peppermint milk tea around.
Peppermint Milk Tea with White Pearls | $4.9 with no sugar and less ice @parteasg. Note that no ice request will incur an additional 30 cents.
The beverage was really refreshing and guess what it reminded me of...🍫 Nestle Aero Peppermint Bubbles! Strong in the mint and milky after taste. The white pearl is more jelly like than the typical chewy boba. In fact, it reminded me of Nata de coco. All in all, it was my cup of tea.
To do my part in #SayNotoPlasticStraws, I declined the offer of plastic straw. The staff was curious how I would suck the white pearls. The law of gravity 🤫 shake my drink and bottom up!
- A concoction of delicately luscious, fizzy and refreshing Kombucha, filled with good summer vibes all year round. Get ready for a hit of fruity burst with a swig of this peachy goodness.
- If you want to learn how to make some of these kuih rose, also known as kuih loyang or bee pang xiu (in Hokkien), don’t miss the demo workshop by cookbook author and committee member of Slow Food Singapore, Christopher Tan, at @ouesocialkitchen on 28 July, Sun.
The general event will run from 10am to 4pm (or till kuehs are sold out) while Christopher’s Kuih Rose workshop will be running from 12pm to 1pm
Tickets to workshops can be booked via @klooktravel_sg or the link in our profile!
Photo credit: Christopher Tan
- One of the most creative cafes I've been to with a bright and colourful menu as beautiful as it is tasty. The @sondersydney spread ft
- 🇸🇬 #vegan Hotplate tofu with mushrooms
[𝐍𝐨𝐭 𝐚 𝐯𝐞𝐠𝐚𝐧/ 𝐯𝐞𝐠𝐞𝐭𝐚𝐫𝐢𝐚𝐧 𝐞𝐚𝐭𝐞𝐫𝐲, 𝐯𝐞𝐠𝐞𝐭𝐚𝐫𝐢𝐚𝐧 𝐦𝐞𝐧𝐮 𝐚𝐯𝐚𝐢𝐥𝐚𝐛𝐥𝐞]
Finding a vegetarian-friendly place to dine at is important for lots of reason. At @balithai.singapore , a seperate vegetarian menu is available upon request. Do inform the staff on your dietary requirements - egg-free/ alliums-free and they will advise accordingly.
📍23 Serangoon Central, NEX, # 02-13, S(556033)
🕚 Mon-Sun: 1130AM - 10PM
- Stuffed shrimps with four kind of vegetables @ $10 (its basically like niang taofu with black bean sauce but tastes really good) 👍
- Look familiar to you? I'm sure many people would recognize this traditional sidedish of soybeans in a pod, but wait, look closer! At Sō Ramen, our Edamame is infused with a liberal dose of Truffle! Both fragrant and flavourful, snack on a plate of our Truffle Edamame for just $3.80!
- Back at FEP. Craving finally satisfied. Replaced prawns with lala & added fish maw. & asked to cook with more soup. 🤤
- Matcha Latte | Latte | Ham & Cheese Croissant | Apple Pie Croissant •
We visited Percolate (again) to try out new dishes! This time, we got ourselves some really delicious croissants. They might look simple at one glance but the truth is, they really tasted amazing! The croissant was crispy and buttery, and every bite sends little crisps flying everywhere 😂 The ham and cheese croissant was simple yet comforting! The apple pie filling complements the croissant well and it was not too sweet and with the addition of the vanilla scoop at the side, the dish was p e r f e c t! The matcha latte had a beautiful latte art as usual and we really liked that it’s not bitter and overpowering with matcha! •
#summonyourbelly #percolate #cafe #sg #croissant #food #matcha #latte #icecream #applepie #cafehopping #sglocal #burpple #sgfood
- 📍🇸🇬 Singapore [Halal]
What's for lunch?
Chicky Bop | $8 served with onsen egg, spicy chicken, assorted vegetables on Korean white rice.
Don't underestimate the level of spiciness into you have your first mouthful! It reminded me of having bibimbap rice bowl with the whole tub of red sauce mixed in. Addictive and a satisfying meal @omoomofc.
Omoomodon has a self ordering system where I just select my order from the food menu on screen. I can pay by cash or opt for cashless. After payment, I wait for my order number to be called out for collection. Pretty straightforward when you need a simple and fuss free lunch.
Top #sgfood Posts
- 📍Bandar Johor Bahru
Banana cakes were my ultimate fav as a child so I guess I know a good banana cake when I see?? Taste? One 😛😛
Hiap Joo Banana Cake (~$1.50 sgd) was freshly made and piping hot when I first got it 🍌 Banana cake was soft, moist and not too crumbly! One thing that I really liked was that the cake wasn’t too oily and buttery, but moist enough to not get tough to eat!
Be back factor: 4/5 - it’s Super convenient around all the cafes
OVERALL: 🌕 yay!
- Cheesy Garlic Bread 🧀 Comfort Side food for all times.
Tag your ❤️ friends.
By 🌟 @thefarebear .
- Looking for your next holiday getaway? Try @margaretriver, a gorgeous and quaint town in western Australia that’s famous for its vineyards, award-winning wines, and beautiful coastlines. Having a good time could be as simple as bringing a bottle of Cape Mentelle’s Georgiana Sauvignon Blanc down to Cape Mentelle, feeling the fresh ocean mist on your face, and watching the sun set. It’s an absolute joy and a must-visit for wine lovers! ~ @coexhale
- Hokkien mee • Have been having this Hokkien mee for years now at chomp chomp. This is my fav frying style of the noodles as it’s not too dry or wet and has absorbed all that wok hei flavours (you can also tell from the colour) 😛 and look @ all dat pork lardddd!!! This honestly makes everything 10 times better 😋
- My first ever Omakase experience🌟
Have never tried an omakase before and @teppankappoukenji spoilt me silly - Their omakase sets ($150++) are made with so much love and artistic flair which held me at my seat feeling excited to try every course. Featuring the Seasonal Kamameshi : Wagyu Beef Kamameshi which is a mixture of different Japanese rice cooked in a stock of bonito and assorted Japanese vegetable topped with A5 Ohmi Wagyu tenderloin and sea urchin. Special mentions to the “Stewed Wagyu Hamburg ($15, last photo)” which is an ala carte item but sooooo good! Swipe to see the aesthetically perfect and yummy dishes from this experience. I also appreciated how 80% of the dishes in the omakase were not “raw” items only as I’m someone who prefers to have cooked food (just my preference!). So if you’re someone like me, you’ll love this~! 🥰 #Teppankappoukenji
- Brown Sugar Pearl Milk drinks is ‘raining’ all over Singapore.
So which is your favourite?
Swipe right to check out some of those I enjoyed, or head over to bit.ly/bubbleteasg