Latest #setbackshappen Posts
- Just trying to do my best everyday. That’s all you can do and all you should strive to do. Go the extra mile and if things don’t work out as planned, push yourself harder because you’re only focused on the end goal and nothing else. #relentless #keepgoing #setbackshappen #pushthroughthem
- I’m back to knee push-ups today but this is also my first day working out in eight days. 😯 I haven’t taken this much time off in two years and it has not been fun. I woke up on Saturday the 13th feeling hungover, but I didn’t drink. By the end of the day I lost all ability to move without feeling intense pain in my joints and muscles. My skin was on fire but I had the chills and everything hurt to the touch. I tried to push through thinking it was just a flu. By Sunday night I was in the ER. White cell count low, fever high, and symptoms still showing, the doctor detected I had a “tick born virus”. I was in shock all this was from a tiny bugger! I was given antibiotics and tested negative for Lyme disease so I’m truly grateful for that. The virus stayed with me strong for five days. I slept %70 of each day. My mother-in-law, an angel, pretty much took over my daughter so I could rest. I’ve never felt such a fatigue before or lack in ability to move. It has been a rough week but I tried to focus on the things in my control. My eating, my mindset, and staying positive. I’m not allowed in the sun with my antibiotics for five more days but I found myself wanting to hit the gym today! A low impact introduction back to moving my muscles is what I needed! I may have taken a few steps back but I’m still pushing forward!! 💪🏼👊🏼
20 scissor kicks
20 knee push-ups
20 forward lunges
10 MINUTE ROW [repeat routine]
10 MINUTE ELLIPTICAL
10 MINUTE BIKE
#dowhatyoucanwhenyoucan #staypositive #stayincontrol #fitness #setbackshappen #bestronger #fitmom #gymgirl #motivation #imback #slowbutsurely #militarymommissionready #onestepatatime #stillmovingforward #lowimpactworkout #cantbringmedown #momlife #keepgoing #workoutroutine #everyonestartssomewhere #weightlossjourney #lowcarblifestyle #8020lifestyle #keepmoving #modify #noexcuses #yougotthis #justdoit
- So my holiday was clearly great since I came back 3kgs heavier. That number is quite overwhelming for me because I’ve been set back and it means, not only do I have to lose the weight from my vac but also also the weight I was planning on losing. However, I don’t regret a single slice of pizza, glass of Prosecco or block of cheese because they were life changing. But I’m now back home, and the vacation is over and the work must begin.
I debated a few days on whether or not I should step on the scale. It’s a controversial measuring method because it doesn’t give you the full scope of your health, but it is still an indicator. Especially if you’re overweight, like me.
I’ve made a pledge, to myself above anyone else, that I WILL lose the weight. I WILL get healthy. I WILL love myself into this lifestyle. I WILL be gentle but I WILL be firm.
I have done this before and I will do it again.
#setbacksandcomebacks #setbackshappen #gettingfitagain #letsgethealthytogether #comebackstronger #comebackseason
- It's no secret that I've had knee issues for years. I had 2 prior surgeries on my left knee; 1 in 2000 while in college, and the other in 2003 just after. I was set to have more, but felt it didn't help enough on the left to go through with it on the right. I struggled for a while, but finally listened and started to strengthen the muscles around my knees and it helped a lot.
In 2016, while Nick was deployed I had a big flare up, more than half way through a program I was excited to complete. I was so upset. I had to stop. I went to PT.
It calmed down and I've been mostly good ever since. My only recent issue was when hiking down hill and I have been working with a PT on this; it's getting better. Otherwise I have been able to do SO MUCH MORE than ever before. I mean, I completed Insanity with all that cardio and jumping! 😱.
And thanks to an awesome mat that provides great joint support, I’ve been better than ever.
Well after the Super Workout in the street on my recent trip (at least I'm guessing that was the cause) I've been sore and inflamed on the inside of my right knee. I noticed it first in the warm up of my workout on Monday 😞 I chose a prenatal workout instead on Tuesday and have been skipping all lunges.
It's still sore today.
I wanna be pissed and frustrated about it. But it's not realistic, at almost 40, and pregnant, to not have things pop up here and there.
I am slowing down, foam rolling, icing, resting, etc. Because I want to be able to give 💯 of what I have on 7/29 with an awesome new program and with the squad we are building for it!
LISTEN TO YOUR BODY!
Give it rest when you need it.
SLOW down when you need to.
EMBRACE these moments.
So we can push again when we are able & ready, in a safe, healthy way.
Today I chose a super FUN light dance workout 💃🤠 and I’m grateful to have so many options right at my fingertips 🙏🏼
#givemealltheoptions #youneverknow #trytillyoufly #chinupgirlyougotthis #setbackshappen #comebackondeck
#leanin #embracewheteyouare #dontgiveupnow #kneeproblems #protectyourjoints #2ndtrimester #20weekspregnant #itsaboy
- Day 1 Ankle and Foot Rehab, LET’S GO! 💪🏼
Phase 1 includes getting mobility and stability back. So today I did some simple balance and flexibility exercises. •
Video one: Bosu ball single-leg balance. Notice my right foot (the one I broke) is WAY more unstable than the left. That’s normal, but it will get better. •
Video two: semi-weight bearing calf stretch and toe spreads. These work on flexibility of the ankle and toe joints.
Being in a cast for 11 weeks really stiffened everything up so it feels great to get moving again. 🤘🏼
- Don’t let the setbacks set you back. It’s a #repost from the summer but I was reminded off it this week by a couple of runners I’m coaching. We are all entitled to feel frustration, fury and unfairness when unexpected or unfortunate events stop us in our tracks. Everyone has setbacks. What marks the best sportspeople out from the rest of the pack is not that they don’t have setbacks but that they don’t let the setbacks set them back. It’s easy to keep running when it’s going well. Miles are going up, times are coming down and you’re flying along on every run ticking off the sessions on your training plan. The real challenge is what you do when it’s not going so well. See the setbacks as a chance to re-set. With the right attitude and the right support (and often the right amount of patience) there’s almost no setback you can’t overcome. From the heights of euphoria running a PB in my first major international at the Commonwealth Games in 2002 to the depths of despair with a foot injury that dragged on for nearly a year to come back after making some changes to my training and run even faster the next few years, I know how hard it can be. Feel the frustration, the fury and the unfairness - then focus on the future. When you have the inevitable setbacks its not how far they set you back but what you do next that will really make the difference.
#motivationmonday #setbacks #setbackshappen #dontletsetbackssetyouback #running #runnersofinstagram #instarunners #runstrong #runhard #runfast #runfurther #runcoach #runningcoach #runningcoaching #runningjocoaching #runningjos #loverunning #thisgirlcan #thisgirlcanrun #runhappy
- The dark side of Bora Bora.
Ten years ago we said this was our favorite island. We were so excited to come back here and share it with our kids, but then tragedy struck.
Now it’s a life lesson we are sharing instead. Life sends you curveballs, and sometimes they seem too much to overcome, but try you must.
“I’m sorry to say so
but sadly, it’s true
can happen to you.
You’ll come down from the Lurch
with an unpleasant bump.
And the chances are, then,
that you’ll be in a Slump.
And when you’re in a Slump,
you’re not in for much fun.
is not easily done.
But on you will go
though the weather be foul.
On you will go
though your enemies prowl.
On you will go
though the Hakeem-Krakatoa howl.
Onward up many
a frightening creek,
though your arms may get sore
and your sneakers may leak.
And will you succeed?
Yes! You will, indeed!
(98 and 3/4 percent guaranteed.)
Kid, you’ll move mountains.”
#ohtheplacesyoullgo #drseuss #kidyoullmovemountains #mtotemanu #borabora #darkside #thedarkside #sunset #lifelessons #homeschooling #schoolofhardknocks #slump #unslumpyourself #sailingfamily #yougotthis #showthemtheworld #streetsmarts #setbackshappen
- During the last challenge, my Dad passed. On Tuesday, I found out my 9 yo cocker mix, Riley, has a dangerously enlarged heart and he doesn't have a good prognosis. I rescued him at 6 months, and I totally play the role of militant fur mama.
I've not quit the challenge, but this week I haven't been with it at all. I haven't been working out, I've been moping, and I'm eating crap. Tomorrow I'm going to spin class, and I'm working on clearing the offending food out of my house. I will move forward, but I have to be honest about where I'm at.
@fitgirlsguide #celebrateeverystep #fitgirlsguide #fitgirlfam #fitgirls28dayjumpstart #fitgirls #fitgirlsguide #fitgirlslevelup #fitgirlfollow #progressnotperfection #fitgirlforlife #lifechanges #fitgirlsdontquit #fgg #fitgirlsrock #fitnessgoals #fitgirlcommunity #setbackshappen #dogsofinstagram
- It won’t always be easy and you will have to overcome setbacks but It’s how you deal with them that counts!! Two in two days for me!
Monday I experienced having to abandon a run for the first time! ❌🏃♂️
Plan was an hour run after work.
I got home feeling a little tired and I knew I hadn’t eaten enough but instead of eating and running later I decided to push myself.
Totally bombed 💣 💣
Had to call it i day 30 minutes in to seek sports drinks and protein bars.
A day later and feeling in a better place, I set off on the bike headed for work.
Just short of halfway, I was starting the first climb off the day, as the gradient steepened I got out of the saddle ready to push. 🚵♀️
Next thing I know I’m thrown over the handle bars and in a heap on the road, luckily there was no one behind me on the road.
A loose back wheel was the cause.
I dusted myself down, refitted my wheel, straight the breaks and headed off to work licking my wounds. 🤕
I’m a little sore and the ego a little dented but my mental resolve is strong and I’m not letting it stop me.
Today’s planned 50km ride is still on the cards and I have no intentions of waving from this weeks training. 😣💪
These are not the first setbacks I’ve had and I’m sure they won’t be the last.
All you can do is learn from them and go again.
#wednesdaywisdom #nevergiveup •
#triathlonmotivation #triathlontraining #mentaltoughness #setbackshappen #bounceback #endurancetraining #alwayslearning #chasinggoals #triathlete #triathlonlife #dreambelieveachieve #triathletelife #triathletesofinsta #focus #drive #determination #halfironmantraining
- Good solid workout tonight. Slowly Getting my strength back 👏💪 #setbackshappen
- Setbacks we all have them!! 😬
This year I have had several setbacks! With working out💪 to my businesses🏡🌱 In my Real Estate business although its nice to share all my wins, I have had a few challenges as well , some that would make me question my worth in this business but I turned those challenges and experiences into lessons to grow and continue to be the Awesome Realtor I am and still meeting my personal goals this year🙌!
I have been injured several times this year 🙈 but I didnt stop going, I wanted to 🤷♀️I m not gonna lie but I continued to push through!
Setbacks even with my side Hustle, (sidenote this side hustle is what has helped me through it all) they are eveywhere 😬! Just Keeping it Real!!
This is what I chose to do pray, to #Riseup and let every setback make me stronger, to help me learn more, to grow and to continue to best person I can be!! How do you turn your setbacks around?
#mondaythoughts #riseup #lifeofrealtormom #beinghealthy #gettingoutofmyownway #setbackshappen # #learningandgrowingeveryday
- “I need to get out of my own head and just get back to doing it.” I’m an over thinker, over analyzer, over stressor, over “what if”er, and you know what? It’s never done me any good. I was so thankful this morning when my chiropractor confirmed with me that I need to just get out of my own head. Stop stressing so much about what workouts to do, what stretches, what is exactly causing my back to tweak. Trying to exactly pinpoint what move might be sabotaging me. In reality the sabotager is my own self. It’s me! God gave me a body that is healthy and able to move and grow stronger. My body functions the way it’s supposed to. When I stress so much about what and how to do something I get stuck in chaos and confusion, and confusion is not from the Lord.
So if you’re like me and you’re feeling stuck in a mess of confusion, just let go and let God. Let go of that control and get out of the way to make room for God to get back in the driver’s seat. He knows the way. ❤️ #ithinktoomuch #anxietyproblems #coachlifeisthebestlife #lettinggoofcontrol #letgoandletgod #thislifeisbeautiful #setbackshappen #overanalyzing #getbackup #yougotthis
- My day so far: AMAZING!! On a ROLL with the fitness part, the chores, the daughter etc! THESE are the type of days I ALWAYS want to have...Soooo I’ll make them happen! 🙏🏼 Remember ladies in this journey you only need YOU! No ones approval, no ones time, no ones negative shit!! If you’re on a tight schedule, throw out the not so important things or things that can be done on weekends etc...Make yourself a priority because LET ME TELL YOU, it SUCKS to always feel tired & unhappy...It also feels AMAZING to actually FEEL AMAZING!!! ✨... Last night was BAD, this morning I decided that whatever happened YESTERDAY will be left JUST THERE!! ✌🏻 Message me if you’re in the Reno/Sparks area If you wanna join the group workouts! It was awesome this morning ☀️ 🌲 🌸 🍃 🌳 🐿 🦢 🏋🏻♀️ 🔥 💪🏼 .
#outdoorworkout #nature #beautiful #happy #amazing #feelinggreat #onaroll #comebackstronger #setbackshappen #keepgoing
Giving up on your goal because of one setback is like throwing your phone away because the battery died!! -Question-
•••What was Y O U R. 1st CELL Phone? •••👇🏽
- This week has been a real struggle with minimal sleep and not being able to eat for two days due to bad tonsillitis and a fever that I wouldn't wish on my worst enemies! It's cost me a lot of strength and size. Nutrition has gone out of the window in favour of just trying to eat anything at all.
First day back in the gym today, and noticeably weaker and feeling a lot less full.
It's all good though, I like a challenge and hopefully in a couple of weeks I'll be back up to my full strength and heading towards some more PR's. Starting the 27th year of my existence with a positive attitude and putting some work in! #challenge #birthdaygymsesh #minorsetbackforamajorcomeback #fallandriseagain #letsgetit #muscle #setbackshappen #getoverit #gym #strength
- I believe that everything happens for a reason and at the exact time it’s supposed to.
As I’ve shared, the last few days have been filled with self-doubt, unhealthy comparison, and anxiety for me.
But in true “life” fashion, and as I’ve come to learn over the past year or so (because I allow myself to see it now), the personal development I listened to yesterday covered the EXACT things I’ve been struggling with:
~Gratitude/patience, with the meditation @msrachelhollis led me through in #girlstopapologizing ⠀⠀
~Comparison game in the next chapter of #presentoverperfect by @sniequist
~Belief and trust in the journey in the presentation I listened to from my monthly #mastercoach series by @autumncalabrese
Each and every one of these pieces were specifically tailored to what I’m dealing with right now, and the timing is almost miraculous because,
1- the meditation in “GSA” was the very last chapter of the book and one I was just “saving for another time” (I finished the rest of the book 2 months ago).
2- I listen to “POP” maybe once every 2 weeks, a chapter or 2 at a time. The chapter and topic i happened upon was spot on.
3- I held off listening to the AC presentation this month ONLY because it was 55 minutes long. Never had the right amount of time. Then I forgot about it. Something made me go back to it today. I had extra time in the car so I listened and literally was in tears listening to her story because I saw myself in so much of it.
Every time I’m going through a rough time like this, I dive into #personaldevelopment because I know it helps pull me out of it.
But this time was different. It truly was like a little mini-miracle for me 🙂
Yesterday was a better, although I’m not quite there yet.
And today is Friday, so that’s gotta be good for something, right? ☺️
(P.S. Thank you to everyone who has encouraged and supported me!! I appreciate it more than you know 🙏🏼)
#trusttheprocess #trustthejourney #meditationpractice #expectmiracles #perspectiveiseverything #minimiracles #miraclesdohappen #audible #audiobooks #comparisonisthethiefofjoy #gratitudeattitude #buildthebelief #selfbelief #motherhoodunited
- So, sometimes Life happens. Actually, Life is always happening, and it goes on with or without you... But sometimes Life happens in a way that stops you dead in your tracks. “Didn’t see that coming!” When you’ve just geared up to give the world all you’ve got, and then the unthinkable happens, and you get that “flat tire”, how do you keep going? Inspirational stories and comments are welcomed and appreciated 👇
- Detour? Obstacle? Setback? SO WHAT?
I got news for you, friends. These things are inevitable, and they‘re likely to pop up at the worst times. Nothing you can do to change that. You hear me? NOTHING.
The only thing you CAN do is change how you react to them. Just last night I was on the phone with a client at midnight brainstorming a difficult challenge. We are supposed to have a weeklong event in the Dominican in a couple weeks, but they’ve decided to cancel because of the recent health scares in the DR. Last night we explored other venues we could go to instead, different dates if we needed to select them, ideas for how to structure it so that’s it’s still exciting for everyone. What I DID NOT do was have a pity party and question why the universe was “doing this to me” when it’s an event I’ve planned for, have been looking forward to, and was planning to bring my dad along to for some quality time with him. No one “did this to me.” It sucks for everyone involved.
I’ve learned to look at every roadblock as a personal challenge. As an opportunity to grow. To learn. To think differently. To strengthen my ability to problem solve. To practice patience. I approach roadblocks with gratitude, and I believe that characteristic of mine plays a huge part of why I am where I am today.
Every time you’re faced with a setback you have a choice: 1) Throw a pity party and wallow in your own sorrow, blaming everyone and everything around you OR 2) Embrace it, have fun with it, learn from it, be thankful for it.
Which will you choose?
#problemsolver #roadblock #setbackshappen #setback #yougotthis #detour #growthmindset #gratitude #lessonslearned
Top #setbackshappen Posts
- #tbt to what seems like a million years ago.
I've gotten a lot of messages asking what it was I did to become "successful"
And, really the only answer I have is that I've failed. A lot. And, I’ve persisted. .
I've matched at my dream psychiatry residency program.
I've lived through being lost and confused during my intern and PGY2 years.
I've taken a leap of faith, left clinical medicine, and jumped into the unknown.
I've had a failed marriage.
I've lived in a commune in San Francisco and deeply immersed myself in intentional community and meditation.
I trained in a lab that put people in fMRI's and watched their brains have orgasms.
And after all that, I decided I wanted to come back to psychiatry, and I worked my ass off to make that happen.
I transferred to new program as a PGY3 and started over.
I trained with experts in perinatal psychiatry and women’s mental health.
I gained experience in qualitative research methods, global mental health, community engagement and advocacy.
And, after I graduated, I joined the faculty of a medical school. .
Success takes the willingness to fail.
Over and over and over again.
The only way to create what you want is to try. And the only way to try is to fail and then try again. .
So wherever you are right now, don’t be afraid to fail. It’s the only way to get to where you want to be. 🧡
- Picture taken a couple of weeks ago while going through another procedure.
My recovery was going really well, Matt and I were hitting the trails and I had energy again. 🤩💪🏼 SETBACKS HAPPEN and I have had one with HVGD - Host Versus Graft Disease. Very rare, but hey, so am I. 😊
This means, my new cells are doing an amazing job, so amazing that they started going after my good cells. They have adjusted my cereal bowl of meds, I’m adjusting, and this is only temporary.
Yes, this too shall pass. 🙏🏼💕 I have had many set backs during this journey, and I have to say, the 20 +YEARS of reading personal development books to assist me in becoming a better human being, have had a profound impact on my life. God may have been preparing me for the biggest battle of my life. 🌅
I lean on the lessons, I lean on God and fully KNOW the POWER of speaking and thinking LIFE into our lives. ESPECIALLY during the tough stuff.
Say “YES” to the good AND the bad and know that it’s all here for a purpose. ❤️
#writingagain #Godsplanisperfect #bonemarrowtransplant #stemcelltransplant #bethematch #setbackshappen #healing #beavictornotavictim #speaklife #thinklife #sayyes #Godsplanisperfect #livmoments