Latest #sandiego Posts
- "What's Poke…? LA people want to be really healthy so they turned sushi into a salad." @overheardla
- Mosh pit of architectural languages at the San Diego public library. A high tech industrialism meets a brutal, yet post-modern sensibility. A lost identity. Too many hands in the pot? Perhaps the lineage of most public endeavors. Lacking holism seems to be a regular pattern that needs addressing. Integrative is the cure. Glad to report that my Tijuana experience showcased a dynamic urbanism that exudes an energetic potentiality. ‘Edge’ has many healthy attributes. We also have a cultural misperception on the definition of border. The fluidity of transition is apparent. The threshold should be celebrated, not feared. Flow = balance of boredom + anxiety.
#border #tijuana #sandiego #sdlibrary #criticism #identity #language #threshold #urbanism
- Well today makes the slowest 6km I’ve ever run 😂 which is ok;
I have come to a place of acceptance of my current snail pace. 🐌
It took me a long while to fall into a place of surrender with this all - the slowness, the change of diet, the loss of who I thought I was - it took time, and honestly, it was a really fearful tumble into the pit of acceptance.
But alas, I am here, in acceptance.
I can breathe again.
And although acceptance feels alive in me today so do some worries about the pieces of life of worked so hard to grow - my business, my book, my coaching + clients + online programs, my farmapothique - I’m not sure what’s to become of it all, and it frightens me.
All I ever wanted was a big, wild, successful business;
and now I’m learning that what I think I want isn’t always what I need.
I’m learning to fall into the spaces that life has placed me, I’m learning (sometimes slowly) to let go of all the ways I think it should turn out & instead surrender deeply into the today, into the right here and right now.
I’m learning that when I show up with all of my heart a day at a time - in courage, in surrender, in willingness - the tomorrows seem to take care of themselves, life seems to be clear on the next best step, and the impossible becomes possible.
I don’t know what this babe will mean for my tomorrows, I really can’t even begin to try to predict it.
All I know for sure is that today eating kale felt amazing, running with this bump is bizarre and honestly a little rickety, and music in my ears, with the sun on my skin, sweating felt like a high I love more than anything.
I feel so blessed to be a human who loves moving my body, I feel so blessed that when pregnancy has given me breaks I’ve spent my time sweating, and I love that it brings me joy - real joy.
I’m not sure what tomorrow will bring,
I can’t fathom how my body will grow enough to house this human,
I don’t know what will become of my career; but... none of that is for me to know.
I think the biggest and bravest thing I can do right now is whole-heartedly surrender into my life as it is, without needing to know the plan.
It is here that I am learning to trust.
And so it is.
- Easter may be over but our Spring Collection is still going strong 😍 Always admiring these beauties✨
🌱 ï̤n̤̈s̤̈p̤̈ï̤r̤̈ë̤d̤̈ b̤̈ÿ̤ ẗ̤ḧ̤ï̤n̤̈g̤̈s̤̈ ẗ̤ḧ̤ä̤ẗ̤ g̤̈r̤̈ö̤ẅ̤🌱
- 🌋 You’ll lava this roll so much 🌋Come try our Volcano Roll! Baked to perfection & filled with smoked salmon and thin lemon slices in between.
- 🎬 Bankable publicity is the only kind worth doing.