Latest #sanctuary Posts
- In The Healthification Podcast E602: Alex Lockwood’s Short Film 73 Cows. 💚🙏🐮
Alex Lockwood’s BAFTA award winning short film 73 Cows shares the story of Jay Wilde, the first farmer in the UK to trade beef farming for sustainable organic vegan farming, giving up his entire herd of cattle to a sanctuary in the process.
73 Cows is a completely approachable film for non-vegans. It’s not graphic at all. Yet it effectively illustrates just how harmful small local farming is to not only the enslaved animals but also the humans trapped farming them.
Though the film is a “no budget” production it is stunning and it is optimistic. If a beef farmer continuing the family business can escape the indoctrination that leads us to see some animals as food and reject everything he’s ever known by making the decision to transition to plant farming then there is hope for us all. —————————————
Hope that as consumers we can see the individuals behind our food choices and decide to direct our demand, our dollars and our support towards plant products and plant farmers. —————————————
iTunes link to the show in bio. @lockwoodfilm
#73cows #bafta #shortfilm
- Recently Cyclone Fani hit several east coast states of India, and did a lot of damage. The following video contains the images of Balukhand-Konark Wildlife Sanctuary of orissa before and after the impact of cyclone fani. It is clearly visible that the vegetation got completely decimated. Furthermore, more than 4000 spotted deer have also gone missing after the impact of the cyclone. In the coming days, we will be performing a thorough analysis about the feasibility of using remote sensing techniques to optimize rescue resources in such calamities, taking cyclone fani as a case study disaster. Stay Tuned.
#cyclone #fani #cyclonefani #disaster #orissa #odisha #india #remotesensing #gis #rescue #earth #flood #nature #balukhand #deer #wildlife #sanctuary #puri #vegetation #disaster
- Was Airforce Veteran Marilyn Pharis given #sanctuary in her Santa Maria, #california home when illegal alien Victor Martinez broke in as she slept, brutally beat her face until she was unrecognizable; sexually assaulted her and beat her with a hammer and repeatedly strangled her while his buddy acted as lookout? Via @santamariatimes - Martinez, from Mexico, had prior assault and drug convictions and was flagged by Immigration and Customs Enforcement agents to be deported before the attack. However, immigration officials were not notified because Martinez’s charges were reduced to a misdemeanor, which meant he didn’t meet the threshold for deportation.
Martinez was arrested on drug and weapons charges July 17, 2015 approx a week before he broke into Pharis's home. He pleaded no contest July 20 and was released. #JusticeforMarilyn #stopsanctuarystate #FSS
- A few days ago, my friends @travellingindian and @indiatravelmate reminded me of a dellicate subject I want to talk to you about. We all love those huge animals with gentle eyes, but how many of us choose wisely when it comes to meeting the elephants? Unfortunately, a lot of tourists want to ride them or see their performance in a show and this is totally wrong. They are not made for people’s entertainment, they are wild animals and we do not stand the right to break the nature laws. Do you know how much they are suffering because they are separated from their families, do you know how much pain it takes them to be trained? They are beaten and tied from very young ages and all of these for what? For a few moments of our wrong interpreted entertainment? I chose an elephant sanctuary to see them, but I don’t recommend those places either. I mean, all we can do here is to feed them and to wash them, but I prefer seeing those animals in their natural environment, doing whatever they want to do and not what people want to. Of course, this is the “light” choice, because it doesn’t involve riding the elephants and maybe they are rescued and brought here. I hope so. And I hope they are well treated and happy here. So, my friends, be wise tourists and don’t choose activities with animals, because there are so many others to make your vacation unforgettable. Let’s protect the nature and let’s enjoy it in the way it wants to be!
- Take a moment because your are worth it!
- Fr. Soy and our pilgrims offered prayers in front of Our Lady at the 4th apparition site in the Sanctuary of Our Lady of Fatima while on our current Marian Pilgrimage to the Shrines of Mary and the Saints in Portugal, Spain, France and Italy. #pilgrimscenterph
Top #sanctuary Posts
- Oh-so-cute play session between Donnie and Devon brought to you courtesy of Behavior Coordinator Leilani. 💚
- #sanctuary: (noun)
👉I am looking for a sanctuary.
👈من دارم دنبال یک پناهگاه می گردم.
برای ثبت نام به من پیام بدین