Latest #rocknroll Posts
- This month in 1964, Sam Cooke released his thirteenth album 𝘈𝘪𝘯'𝘵 𝘛𝘩𝘢𝘵 𝘎𝘰𝘰𝘥 𝘕𝘦𝘸𝘴. Today we celebrate its 55th anniversary.
𝘈𝘪𝘯'𝘵 𝘛𝘩𝘢𝘵 𝘎𝘰𝘰𝘥 𝘕𝘦𝘸𝘴 comprised the first material that Cooke had recorded in the six months following the death of his 18-month-old son Vincent. It would be the final studio album released during Cooke's lifetime.
- If you ever get lonely you can just go to the record store and visit your friends - Penny Lane
- Who knows maggot brain? Eddie hazels guitar on the original is insane. So much emotion. Apparently George told him to plug his guitar in and play as if his mother just died. That’s exactly what he did. For some reason eddies guitar is quiet on this performance the sound man musta had a bad day. So forget about Eddie for a minute I’ll be doing some posts on him in the future (he’s amazing). This is Mike Hampton wailing away here and doing a great job at it. Funnily enough, Michael actually got the gig to be in Funkadelic when he performed a note for note rendition of maggot brain for George clinton. Eddie hazel had just left and they were in a pickle. Mike was just 17 at the time & was nicknamed Kidd Funkadelic. The boy can play. This is 1985, and they are both on stage together (Eddie and Mike). Enjoy! #guitars #guitar #musica #musically #rocknroll #musiclovers #guitarsolo #electricguitar #funkadelic #funkmusic #funk #soulmusic #soul #guitarlicks #musicians #band #listentothis #groovemusic #inthegroove #emotion
- A fun one this evening, Bob Weir and Wolf Bros performing at the Palace Theatre. Jay Lane on drums and Don Was on the upright bass.
- Feels like what you see .