Latest #realismag Posts
- Kristina on Polaroid film when it was affordable many moons ago.
- I’ve traveled to many places (over 60 countries), and often I’ve realized the best part is night life. Tonight I befriended a flamenco musician (I studied flamenco guitar from an Algerian man who lived in Detroit in graduate school at U of M Ann Arbor) and in Sevilla (for 1 year in the early 2000’s). And tonight a lovely young man from a part of Africa who (for reasons obvious chose to be documented not showing his face) chose to spend time talking-though as I became closer I felt that deep internal strife to not make him the subject of my own lifelong struggles about the world as an unjust place. So while he had the most beautiful smile and I wanted to capture it... I knew this night of photography thought ( Roland Barthes) eye could be seen as imperialism and my own moral/ethical notions of right and wrong. And I felt it. I’m tired of chasing people down to get their “story” through my one sided western lens. Maybe in my travels to all continents I learned more than I could have through one persons hiding from the lens. I don’t know if it’s my job (or right) to document the global experiences that are not my own. We have to be honest. And we have to confront as photographers what we do and what our conscious and subconscious reasons are. After all if we are out there photographing outside ourselves-shouldn’t we be required to look within ourselves.
- j’ai eu la chance de travailler avec @rmitsukadesu et @quilliantsr pour un projet super cool. les prochaines photos que je vais post seront probablement à propos de ce shoot, mais la vraie magie se passe du côté à @quilliantsr ! va faire un tour sur son compte, que du talent ✨
- Esta fotografía fue hecha con una Canonet QL17. Fue llamada "Regresiones" para el concurso interpolitécnico de fotografía 2019.
No tuve la fortuna de ganar ☹️, pero las fotografías ganadoras son magníficas y las admiro muchísimo ❤️. Aún así, me encantaría que vieran las fotografías que inscribí para participar. Subiré las demás los siguientes días, espero les gusten.
- walking alongside the vines
- Апрель 2019.
zenit 11 - fujicolor c200
- in the life of a rose
- down the steep lane of memory
Top #realismag Posts
- Tan lines.
Mamiya 7 / Fujifilm Provia 100F.