Latest #prettylittletrips Posts
- hope you guys don't mind seeing a ton more italy photos in your feed! I don't know when I'll ever have time to shoot new content again with my crazy work schedule! I just finished a 12h work day and I'm exhausted, stressed and starting to get burnt out tbh... I never use the phrase "crushing it", but I came home after a crazy work week last week and told my husband proudly that despite all the extra responsibilities and steep learning curve, I felt like I was "crushing it" at work. Literally the next day I got all sorts of feedback from my directors that I wasn't meeting/exceeding their expectations and suddenly I went from crushing it to feeling totally crushed. I almost felt like giving up, taking a leave of absence and burrowing under a rock somewhere 🙈 I was giving 110%, doing really great work and just so confused and disappointed. Instead of giving up, I tried even harder only to realize they were focusing on the one or two things I didn't do the way they wanted instead of the 10 things I did extremely well. Today was another hard day where I felt like giving up as I was still working at 7:30 pm... But I kept going because even if they aren't totally satisfied, I didn't want to disappoint myself by not giving it my all - and that's the most important thing! Hope your week is going better 💚
- I don’t know what I loved more, seeing the leaning tower itself or seeing the view of Pisa from the top! ✨
- Just another rainy day in Paris. 🌧
Kidding! I’m currently on my way to the airport for Paris, but am not there yet! While this might look like the famous Louvre Pyrarmid, it's actually a Starbucks in a Shanghai shopping mall. This was pretty much our only bad weather day in Shanghai, but it's one of my favorite memories! My dad and siblings braved the rain with me and Michael to find this spot, and then all huddled inside the Starbucks drinking warm coffee and watching me dance around barefoot in the pouring rain while my loving hubby was struggling to take photos under an umbrella. I also explained the Japanese word 「せっかく」 (to do something with great effort) to my family, which led us to bravely explore the rest of the European-inspired outdoor mall decor...with much effort!
Also, funnily enough—there actually IS a Starbucks inside the Louvre, just UNDER the Pyramid! Coincidence, or do we think Starbucks is going to take over the world with Disney someday? ✨
- Today, I really miss the UK and Europe. Next week marks one year since we moved back to the US, and although I absolutely love being back in the states in so many ways, there are others that just can't compare to living abroad.
I miss just getting in the car and driving to a cute village with no one around, hoping on a plane and landing in another country an hour later, taking photos of pretty facades, visiting 1000+ year old historical sites, seeing cute older couples doing their weekly shopping in an adorable little town, visiting the markets and trying new foods from around the world, coming across beautiful displays of flowers and gardens. I miss the simple way of life and surprisingly, how early everything closed. The Europeans really know how to enjoy and embrace the slow, simple and relaxed pace of life. As Americans, I wish we were more like them most days! Everything feels so go, go, go, with not much time to truly rest and really soak in this amazing life we get to live.
Lately I've been looking back on our three years of travel and remembering all of the beautiful places we visited. Sometimes it still blows my mind we were able to see and do as much as we did! What I wouldn't give to just hop on a plane, land in Italy, eat all of the gelato and admire all the gorgeous architecture again for a few weeks! In the meantime, I'll keep searching for places like these near me to help fulfill my longing for that Europe fix...💕 .
#firstunitedmethodistchurch #montgomeryalabama #exploremgm #sweethomealabama
#thisisalabama #visitalabama #churchesoftheworld #architecture_lovers #landscapelovers #facadelovers #ihavethisthingwithfacades #walkwithlocals #kings_villages #theprettycities #prettylittletrips #UStravel #exploringtheworld #letsgoeverywhere #borntoroam #travelerslife #travelersnotebook #postcardplaces #theroadlesstraveled #scenicroute #girlaroundtheworld #wearetravelgirls #sheisnotlost
- I was told I was going to Seal Island. I didn’t truly realize what this meant until I got there. South Africa, you’re full of surprises!
- Geometric patterns, count me in! Feels like I am in a different dimension, an alternate reality, a mirror portal to a unique timeline. Winking at @doctorstrangeofficial movie, please! 😉
- Pasta and plates so pretty I had to gram ‘em 😋 #SuiTaAmalfi
- It’s a good thing I have so many unposted pictures on my phone for days like today when I didn’t get the chance to take any new photos!
- Wandering through these red canyons was one of my favorite parts of visiting Petra. It was absolutely magical 😍💫 #thesiq #worldwonder #petra
- Me gazing securely into the azure, confident that @lucasriccardi would one day, some four weeks into the future, probably, get our shared album to work.
- New England Girl at heart ❤️🦞 ps. except I only want lobsters on my sweater and not on my plate or in a roll 🤷🏽♀️ TAG ME in all the lobster sweaters. Seriously, I’m going back in July and it gets chilly up there. #priorities @joeyresmed
Summer is officially starting this week & I'm celebrating with one of my favorite brands, @cabanalife, to help you protect your skin in style! To win the adorable Cabana Life UPF 50+ dress or cover up of your choosing, all you have to do is... 1. Follow @cabanalife & @sosarahhunt
2. Like this picture!
3. Tag two real friends to let us know you’ve entered 👯
- Being a sister has been, without a doubt, my single greatest accomplishment 🎊 If you know me, you'd know I have always been strict when it comes to Steven. I wanted so badly for him to follow in my footsteps. I thought he'd be a high school athlete 🏀, Lieutenant Governor for his Key Club division🎗involved in Student Body 👔 and (insert more expectations here). The reality is that he didn't do any of those things. Instead, he graduated top of his class, received two full-ride Chancellor scholarships, and will attend college this fall as a Regents' Scholar - an award given to the most distinguished students 📚 It hasn't been easy being mentored by someone who has the highest standard when it comes to excellence #TigerSister 🐯 but mom and I are so happy for you. Congratulations, @st3venvu 💛💙 "Don't forget about me when you become a doctor!" Swipe ➡️ For some embarrassing pics from 9 years ago
- Raise your hand if you tend to overpack and don’t understand the concept of minimalism🙋🏼♀️🧳🧳
Running errands and packing for multiple shoots with Laura has gotten so easy with all the trunk space of the #XT4. No more stressing over what to pack because of limited space. And, with the hands-free liftgate, loading and unloading my things is so effortless. @royfosscadillacwoodbridge #ad
Top #prettylittletrips Posts
- Let me just grab an umbrella ☔️ for the rain.
Tip 1: I’ve broken three umbrellas in a day before. Invest in a good umbrella.
Tip 2: On the first day in #PuertoRico we came by here around noon and realized they changed the color of the umbrellas and it was overcrowded. Then on the last day we came by at 7:30am and the street was pretty empty besides pigeons. So you have a choice for photobombers - pigeons or people?
- The Shore, Leith.
In solitude we give passionate attention to our lives, to our memories, to the details around us.