Latest #postworkoutsnack Posts
- Nothing like satisfying your hunger after a looong church service.
Grab a Marathon for your post-church meal🙏🏾
- Happy Easter! We are open today from 10am - 5pm. Stop by add more color to your day.🐰🐣💐
- Perfect afternoon for a #smoothie — loved by all ages! We always have 3-4 flavors available and you can add peanut butter or #protein to make it a great #postworkoutsnack
- What do you drink after your workout? 😛 I love protein shakes but I never use milk in them as I get bloated
Recently started mixing my protein powder with @cocoactive coconut water and it really tastes amazing. And it’s also great alternative if you are lactose intolerant or vegan 🌱
- 🐇 🍫HAPPY EASTER WEEKEND Go ahead! Satisfy your sweet tooth and remember the joy of good food with good company has its own benefits! 🤗PLUS when you’re ready to get back on track Monday morning, we’ve got your back. 🌱 #hemplete #hempforgood
- My protein shakes bring the boys to the yard, and they’re like, your muscle are hard, I could train ya but I’ll have to charge! 🤣
On Another Note ----- FYI ------ It's called protein timing, and the idea behind it is this is resistance training increases amino acid delivery to muscles as well as absorption. 🥤
Therefore, the sooner you consume protein post-exercise, the bigger the stimulation in muscle protein synthesis growth happens. 🏋🏽♀️
I’m always working with new clients & business partners ... If you’re looking to get your own personal results ... help others & earn extra income from your phone we need to chat asap 📲 MESSAGE ME!
- Drinks so good you have to take a selfie with it. 🤩
Ask for Activated Charcoal in any of your orders 🏴🏴🏴
- It’s the weekend, but we’re still eating clean
Add some Chia Seeds to your next item for some extra Fiber, Protein and Antioxidants 💯
- If Red Bull gives you wings, then Bang makes you feel like a GOAT!
Pina Colada and many other flavors of Bang available now at The Lab
- Ad | I can’t tell you the last time I’d had long enough to think about anything but my business and my family. Fitness and healthy lifestyle seemed like a thing of the past for me. It’s been straight up hustle and bustle around these parts. And between quick bites and mocha lattes, the pounds and inches have been creeping up on me.
But... ☝🏽 The hubby and I have made a conscious effort to focus on health and wellness as we journey into the second quarter of 2019. And who knew the @Walmart Online Grocery service would be just the tool to help with my goals! Today I was able to start with making smart choices in my meal planning by picking out all of my goodies online and having them delivered straight to my trunk upon pickup. It was the easiest and best thing EVER! Where have I been, y’all!
Matt and I are always on the go, so time is a resource that we don’t often have at our disposal. We were geeked to be introduced to the @LeanCuisine entrees that offer gluten free ingredients. The LEAN CUISINE Fiesta Grilled Chicken entree was delicious and required only a microwave and my appetite! Man, what!? Perfect post-workout protein fix!
So, let’s recap...
✅ create your list of healthy, wholesome foods including a couple of my favs from LEAN CUISINE #finditinfrozen
✅ utilize Walmart Online Grocery to #pickupfoodthatfits and get all your items conveniently, without stepping foot in the store
✅ work it mama (ahem, get your butt moving!)
✅ savor all the healthy foods and snacks that you ordered AND picked up w/ just a few taps on your smartphone.
There you have it. Your guide to a summertime snap-back is here! Let’s hear it for the #momwin.
- An avocado addiction is materializing. I Found a pretty great tasting post workout shake combo:
1 cup whole milk
1 scoop chocolate peanut butter whey
1 tbs Almond Butter
- *New Bar* #gifted @scienceinsport Protein20
Low sugar/High Protein/Supports recovery - perfect for post-exercise
What you get: A 55g bar. Comes in 2 more flavours - Vanilla Cheesecake & Chocolate chocolate brownie.
What it contains:
Taste: a more milky chocolate flavour. Creamier and less rich. Tasting as normal the peanut flavour was far from existent and left me slightly dissatisfied. I was expecting a salty/sweet bar but it was rather plain and bland in flavour. Nothing to excite the pallet. I would say it tasted slightly more caramel than peanut butter. HOWEVER no taste test is complete without the nuke test! Different melting behaviour. The inside goo didn’t splurge as much as the brownie flavour could be because the soy/peanut ingredients making the goo thicker and less runny. It did however add a salty flavour and mixed in with the melted milk chocolate was really tasty. The peanut flavour cane alive slightly but not enough imo.
Texture: again quite a hard bar which a crunchy outer layer and a chewy inner core. the protein crispies on top add a nice little snap and crackle to the texture but are quite hard and sharp so came close to cutting the roof of my mouth. Moderately dry from the cobbled top which feels coarse and not really my style that I enjoy from bars. The melting behaviour was more well behaved than from the brownie flavour as you can see from the video. Didn’t splurge or run as heavy. But seriously heated up was exactly like eating the recipe mixture of when you make Rice Krispie chocolate cakes and the mixture is all warm in the mixing bowl 🤤🤤
Similarities: similar to the chocolate caramel @staxxbar bar which it shouldn’t because it’s meant to be PB!
Conclusion: Wouldn’t by this bar to have as an on-the-go bar as the texture is not the kind of bar i like, too much crunch not enough chew for my liking. And the flavour didn’t do enough for me I’m afraid. The melt did give it an extra 2 stars in rating but still wouldn’t bother buying more of this flavour.
5/10 from me 👏
Per Bar 55g
22g C (2gS 0.8gF)
- Whey Protein:
Protein is an extremely important macronutrient for the body. Every cell in the body requires protein in some #whey 😏 shape or form.
Milk consists of two proteins, casein and whey. The whey can be extracted out and is considered a complete protein source because it contains all nine essential amino acids.
Not all wheys are created equal!! @optimumnutrition whey is loaded with high nutritional value.
Besides building muscle, whey protein has many other benefits:
•Aids in #weightloss •lowers cholesterol •Reduces inflammation •Enhances antioxidant defense
The average recommended amount per day is 25 - 50 grams per day (1-2 scoops). Obviously every individuals needs are unique.
For muscle building and #powerlifting it is recommended to consume a whey protein drink within 30 minutes after a workout.