Latest #poetry Posts
- For #WorldPoetryDay and in honor of my friend Dave who has been gone 2 years now, I share one of the many poems he wrote. Sotto Voce by David Oestreich. #Poetry #Poem #Nature
- “How do you tame girls with wildfire limbs? How do you hold down girls with hurricane hands?” #elisabethhewer
Word on the #bookstagram street is it’s #worldpoetryday2019.
Poetry has always been a hard one for me. Traditional, rhyming poems were my jam as a youngster (I was that girl who entered poetry recitation competitions and WON them tyvm), but as an adult I haven’t fallen into much poetry reading. I think my biggest struggles are not knowing enough about the art form to feel like I understand it (what’s with the lack of punctuation/capitalization/weird spacing/etc?!?), and therefore when it doesn’t resonate, I’m clueless as to whether it’s my lack of class or if it’s just bad poetry (it can’t all be good, y’all).
Regardless, I’m trying to add more #poetry to my bookshelves, and this week I’m reading #therearegirlslikelions from @chroniclebooks. I’m finding it very readable, compelling, beautiful, and inspiring. My daughters keep grabbing it from me and examining the art as my oldest reads snippets. It’s not all second-grade appropriate, but the ones we’ve read together have made her sigh and say, “mom, I LOVE that poem.”
- Porque aprendiste a negociar con la vida y cuando quiso quitarte lo más preciado le ofreciste a cambio aquello que un poco menos dolía. Le diste una mano al fracaso y domaste pacientemente a la ira. Le susurraste al oído al olvido y cicatrizaste con perdón las heridas. Porque negociaste cada una de tus caída por un poco más de luz y ahora así iluminas. Y desde entonces fuertemente brillas y eres magia, porque hasta a la misma vida encandilas. .
#frases #escritos #poesías #poetry #letras #historias #libros #palabras #inspiración #magia #empatía #resiliencia
- To all y’all awesome people who came out to @swimmingclubkl last night to catch Markiza and Peter and all the open mic-ers, salute! Next week Mr. @jayridzwan takes center stage alongside a whole lotta new faces and some old ones too! See y’all there! #openmicmy #theswimmingclub
- protectively in love w her ~ can you tell? swipe to hear me read it.
also hi, 1000% will delete this. ha. ok love you all. — bye. ♥️
- First time! Finally! Putting my insomnia to good use aint it?! 😛 if i dont talk now, ill take it to my grave and frankly, i really wanna rest ONLY in peace 😂 #DarkHumour
On a more serious note, my partner's also a writer - one thats far more out there and not behind close doors like myself aha. I just saw his story about a post dedicated to WORLD POETRY DAY!!! ❤ and well.. then the rest is pretty self-explanatory! 🤷♀️ Well, here i am! New to this and hella novice but thrilled to be spitting words 😜, and perhaps make some friends while im at it?! 🙋♀️ #poetry
And more hashtags to follow as i learn the way around this stuff!! 😭🙏
- Today is International Poetry Day. Thank you to all of the poets out there!
"And thank you, too. And thanks
for the corduroy couch I have put you on.
Put your feet up. Here’s a light blanket,
a pillow, dear one,
for I can feel this is going to be long.
I can’t stop
my gratitude, which includes, dear reader,
you, for staying here with me,
for moving your lips just so as I speak.
Here is a cup of tea. I have spooned honey into it." -Ross Gay, CATALOG OF UNABASHED GRATITUDE
#rossgay #cataglogofunabashedgratitude #upittpress #internationalpoetryday #poem #poetry #poet #poets #quote #book #books #read #reading #bookaddict #bookstagram #booklover #read #reading #gratitude #thankyou
- ~Insurrection's Pathway~
by Amrtha Nalani and MIA
The storm will not feign
It is a callused hurricane
A life long lecture
Forcing each being to endure
Brave whispers slip through the wind
Into utter chaos society will decend
Raging cyclones of social norms
Rising from ash, taking new forms
Those who rebel against the wind
Oppurtune coincidence promising the will become an influential legend
The scattering of whispers will be dispersed and carried away
The exiguous revolutionaries will establish the underground insurrections pathway.
The unsettled spirit questions the contemporary.
Not allowing the unbesought query to be a defining boundary.
#originality #poetry #originalpoem #author #poet #insurrection #rebelpoet
- ”If you haven’t found it yet, keep looking”