Latest #photojournal Posts
- "Gods always behave like the people who make them." -Zora Neale Hurston
- I know, it’s been a minute.
- “Pristine Beaches”
Quite often, my travels centered around “beach life”, in general, and beautiful, white-sand beaches, in particular.
And I found them!
Cambodia, Thailand, Sri Lanka, Hawaii, & Vietnam, to name just a few.
I traveled because I was interested in teaching English. It’s the most rewarding profession I know of.
Email me for a friendly, free discussion about improving your lifestyle.
#teacherlife🍎 #photojournalist #photojournal #travelphotography #teacher #teachersofinstagram #teachersfollowteachers #teachergifts #teacherlife #teachersofig #englishteaching #teachenglish #esl #eslteacher #eslteachers #travel #traveler #travelphotography #travelblogger #travelgram #travelling #travelbook #surf #surfing #surfers #fishing #surfrider #beaches photo courtesy of Pinterest
- "Long after the bomb falls and you and your good deeds are gone, cockroaches will still be here, prowling the streets like armored cars." -Tama Janowitz
- "I'm not going to lay down in words the lure of this place. Every great writer in the land, from Faulkner to Twain to Rice to Ford, has tried to do it and fallen short. It is impossible to capture the essence, tolerance, and spirit of south Louisiana in words and to try is to roll down a road of clichés, bouncing over beignets and beads and brass bands and it just is what it is." -Chris Rose
- "From the cradle to the grave, joy and pain is the fertilizer for wisdom." -T.F. Hodge
- “I am not afraid… I was born to do this.”
-Joan Of Arc
What I love about the warmer summer days is being able to go to the park in my flip flops.. even if it's raining a little! And not feel cold.
How about you? What do you love about summer days?🌦
- This Burmese temple town was once the capital of the powerful ancient kingdom, known as Pagan, from the 9th-13th centuries. Over the course of 250 years, King Anawrahta, commemorated for unifying Burma under Theravada Buddhism, as well as his successors, had 10,000 religious monuments constructed in the plains of Bagan. ⠀⠀
At the time, this city was known as the cosmopolitan center for religious and secular studies, inspiring the pilgrimage of many travelers and devotees from around the world. When the Mongols invaded the kingdom in 1287, the construction of temples almost stopped completely, with only a few hundred more built in the 15th century. ⠀⠀
After the invasion, Bagan still remained a pilgrimage destination, though visitors focused their attention on the more prominent temples. After centuries of natural calamities, and lack of funds for restoration, only 2000 or so monuments remain. ⠀⠀
For me, it took about a week to comfortably visit a portion of the sites by motorbike, many of them being far out for the way. When you go, be sure to get up early in the morning to catch the famous sunrise. It’s like nothing else I’ve ever seen before! ⠀⠀
#architecture #bagan #pagan #myanmar #burma #templesofbagan #sunrise #hotairballoon #motorbike #asia #buddhism #theravadabuddhism #arthistory #history #unescoworldheritage #unesco #beautifuldestinations #worldtravel #traveldestinations #globetrotter #beautifulplaces #sunset #explore #adventure #photojournal #photography #travel #vacation #travelphotography #travelscape
- A million years ago
I still wasn’t happy
- soft friends.
Riobamba, Ecuador (June 2016)
Top #photojournal Posts
- I shoot on canon 6D, I got this camera about 4 years ago, when I started to practice my photography skills. So far I like it, the only thing it’s a little heavy and a little too bulky. Compare to any mirror less camera it’s a dinosaur 🦕, but I’m not sure how I feel about getting a mirror less camera, I’m more of a film 🎞 person. I would rather get a medium format film camera. Film just has this authentic, real look that no digital camera can get... its timeless
- An 1880s waterstop, this unassuming city in the Chihuahuan Desert became a creative magnet when artist Donald Judd moved here in 1971. Today Marfa is a place of gas stations–turned–galleries, crystal-filled corner shops, and laundromats serving lattes. ⠀
Link in bio for more bite-sized American towns that make the perfect weekend escape or road-trip pit stop. ⠀
📸 @rob.hann ⠀