Latest #parissiene Posts
- ⚠️WARNING: Long post! ⚠️
Apologies for the lack of activity. That said, for Good Friday, I present you my pencil drawing of the Notre Dame Cathedral which caught fire earlier this week. Learning about this tragic incident made me really devastated, as Notre Dame was touched upon during Western art history lessons in my university days. Fast forward to my Europe trip in November two years ago, I caught sight of the Notre Dame while on a river cruise and even saw a chocolate replica of the cathedral! (Swipe for accompanying photos) Now if only I could reset the clock, I would have gone to see the real Notre Dame up close instead of shopping on my free-and-easy day. Nonetheless, the silver lining is that the firefighters managed to save the cathedral from total destruction (which would be a lot worse!) as well as precious artefacts from that place. May Notre Dame be restored to its former glory.
- As you grow older you realize that you are not always right ans there's so many things you could have handled better, so many situations where you could have been kinder and all you can really do is forgive yourself and let your mistakes make you a better person.
- You either like me or you do not. It took me twenty-something years to learn to love myself, I do not have that kind of time to convince somebody else. •Daniel Franzese•
- I try to embrace the uncertainty about my future. Maybe the most beautiful and important chapter titles won't be written just yet.
- Without doubt, my favorite building in Paris is this building, the Hôtel de Ville. It is a magnificent place to visit.
The facade is very elegant. And the history that has passed through it’s doors is mind boggling.
There has been a building here since 1357 serving as the municipality of Paris and housing the Mayor of Paris since 1977.
It also saw a lot of action during the French Revolution. Maximilian Robespierre, Louis Antoine de Saint-Just, and all the rest of Robespierre’s followers, were arrested here during the 9th Thermidor Year II, when the counter revolution found them guilty of tyranny. Several of the men committed suicide, while Robespierre’s brother Augustin leapt out of one of the windows in an attempt to escape, broke both of his legs, was arrested and beheaded with the remaining followers on the following day.
This was also the site of one of the more joyous dates in history, when Charles de Gaulle, on the 25th of August 1944, greeted the crowd from a front window, declaring the Liberation of Paris from the Nazi regime. #travel #travelgram #robespierre #travelphotography #potd #photography #instagram #instagood #instadaily #hoteldevilleparis #wanderlust #igers #frenchtrip #france #paris_tourisme #parisparis #parisfrance #paris #parisjetaime #parisian #parissiene #francais #frenchgirl #parisjetaime #shewhowonders #bns_paris #europe #frenchrevolution #history
- This is for me and you
- Head to toe in Cos. Sadly this beautiful top does not show colorwise as pretty as it was in reality. 🍋🍋
Did u check stores for new spring collections?