Latest #owningit Posts
- 》OWN IT!《 Its no secret that I love music - festivals, live gigs or just a man and his guitar - I'd be the first one up on the dance floor.
As much as I love the music scene there used to also be a huge anxiety that came with it for me. I loved the fashion of festivals but I was always too big to fit into them, I loved the atmosphere but always felt like people looked at me because I was bigger - I used to rely on alcohol to give me the courage and party all day.
These days I find myself doing festivals sober and loving them. Now that the anxiety has gone I can really just enjoy the music, the atmosphere and the fashion without worrying about anything else. I was worried that I wouldn't like festivals as much because I am not into drinking and partying as much, but its actually the opposite. I love them more now!
Its the little things in life x
Ps.... major NSV.... for the first time in my adult life I could tie a jack around my waist!
#feelingit #owningit #lovelife #livemusis #riverstage #oceanalley #tashsaltana #vsg #vsgjourney #motivation #goals #sleeve #sleevelife #fitspo #gastricsleeve #wls #nsv #wlscommunity #wlssupport #progress #healthjourney #love #iamabariatricpatient
- ”Keep your chin up.” My dad’s sage advice since I was a kid. Got a bad grade. Keep your chin up. Broke up with a boyfriend. Keep your chin up. Got laid off. Keep your chin up. Got a speeding ticket. Keep your chin...wait, you got a ticket??!!? 🚓
Honestly, his go to used to bug me. Really, dad? That’s all you got? But as I’ve grown older, it’s that one phrase I have stuck in my head that keeps me going through the tough stuff. Because, it’s what you HAVE to do. So simple. Get knocked down...get back up. Learn the lesson and keep going.
So this week, this confidence-testing, will-shaking, tear-inducing week tried to mess with me. But here I am. Chin is up. 😌
- Read DDD on audible and also ordered the hard copy through Amazon today...and tonight I start reading the Obesity Code...determined to make this my permanent lifestyle! Not many people know but I have been doing IF for almost 2 weeks now. Still tracking on my WW app and although this past week has not been very productive with my DDPY I am also still continuing this after I told myself off today. The main thing I have noticed is I have ZERO inflammation...let me repeat ZERO! This alone is one pretty fricking amazing reason to continue while my body repairs itself from the inside. This is all for my health. Weight loss is just a side effect
- FriYay! And feeling much better so worked on some #selfcare 🍑💁🏼♀️
- Sunrise, when combined with sleep deprivation, is 87% proven to increase your Basic. #cestdelart
- When you're too lazy to make anything but still want to eat somewhat healthy. 🤷 Yes I'm in my 30s and still eat ants on a log.. #foreverlazy
- I CAN FEEL IT
Not that Friday feeling - although I feel that too - but **that** wedding season feeling!!
Cue the extra shots of coffee, the packing lists, the double and triple checking and checking again of the weather, my route map, my camera bag, of everything, for my couples - and cue the tired toes, the backing up, the editing, and all the long days.
But best of all, cue the first looks, the beauty and the grace, the I do's, the first kisses, first dances, speeches, food, fun, strolls at sundown, and dancing under the stars.
My wedding season 2019 is very nearly a go go - and in case you hadn't noticed, I cannot blimmin wait!
#venetianorrington #weddingphotography #weddingphotographer #weddingseason #weddingready #letsdothis #girlboss #owningit #fridayfeels #weddingfeels
- Day 3. Introduce yo-self
SO... For anyone new to following my page --
Hey my name's Veronica, or V, VM, VB.. Ronnie to a few select ride of die's anyone else, just an actual death wish LOL but #truestory
I am 💛 in the personality colour test with 💙 in close second.
I'm 34 (til Monday) a true Aries; outspoken & honest, you'll see it on my face before it's even out of my mouth.
I have one wee person who is 2 & the light in my life.
I like long walks through the bush & the ocean soothes my soul.
I am an empath & super intuitive which ended up being the root if my anxiety in crowded places when I was younger but is now something I am learning to control.
I'm into reiki, crystals, numerology, tarot & all of that 'woo woo' spiritual stuff.
Pretty sure it runs in our family bloodline from my moms side as it seems to be a family trait lol
It's only now in my 'elder' years that it is something I am beginning to understand more & fully accept.
I feel that when you hit your 30's you're really ready & truly realize how important it is to embrace everything & anything that lights your soul on fire & surround yourself with only those things.
You learn to let anything else that doesn't just kick rocks.
I am only recently learning to embrace my more 'feminine' side but you will still be hard pressed to find me in a dress or a skirt.
I'm a barefoot blue jean or cowboy boot baby probably until the day that I die & I definitely still believe in crazy 💕love.
I'm also seriously considering botox lol #mylifemyway
I have an essential oils business & my own wellness brand that I run solely because they make my heart seriously happy.
I'm also into photography, editing, travel & refinishing old vintage furniture.
My serious life goals are to travel the world, write a book, open an animal sanctuary.. probably have another small person & just be happy.
Tomorrow this all my change LOL
- Have you ever had a meltdown leading up to big birthday?
Falling prey to the dark depths of comparison by holding a magnifying glass over your life and inspecting all the ways in which it doesn’t measure up to the seemingly perfectly lives of your peers?
I hear you, Boo.
I’ve been there, done that.
Had a HUGE meltdown at 27, MASSIVE.
Now, I’m less than three weeks away from the big 3-0 and I’m f’ing owning it. I’ve allowed comparison to steal my joy way too many times in the past.
Not this time.
My life, my way, my timeline.
I’m celebrating in a BIG way by flying down under 🇦🇺 to visit my bestie which I’m so unbelievably grateful and excited for.
If you’d like to read up on the ‘3 Reasons Why I’m Not Freaking Out About Turning 30 Like I Should Be’ check out the link in my bio to read my all about it.
Your life, your way, your timeline!
- Expectation for the day: drop Raylan off at school, head to drs appt, go to the gym, shower and get ready, grab a healthy bite, grab party supplies for Raylans school party, enjoy a nice little birthday party at my sons school, go to work for a few hours.
Reality: kid wakes up on his first full day of being 3 in FULL FREAKING BLOWN TERRIBLE THREES, go to drs appt, run frantically to 4 different stores (some of them twice) trying to find ANY type of decoration that will go with the theme your kid has requested for his party, call the cake maker TWICE to change cake and cupcakes. I am now sitting in a parking lot in my gym clothes, never having the chance to go to the gym, eating popcorn chicken (that I happened to see in a little heater section at Walmart) and a black cold brew.
The past 2 days, and the next 2 are just packed crazy full of things I need to get done, I accidentally paid my car payment twice and I am still waiting for them to refund one, I’ve been an emotional wreck because my kids are growing up before my eyes...and it was a full moon last night.
I really just want to curl up and cry in a damn corner, but guess what that accomplishes...ZERO. We all have days like this, it’s just part of life, but the absolutely worst thing you could possibly do is...curl up in a corner and cry. Ain’t nobody got time for that!
Instead, I’m about to throw some makeup on, Rock these workout clothes and ponytail the rest of the day and pretend like it’s on purpose, and enjoy a few hours celebrating my cranky little 3 year olds birthday with his buddies.
#owningit #eatfaces #carpethefuckoutofthisdiem #bossbabe
- Brilliant piece of fashion cordination here! Not many things in Shanghai can divert one's eyes from Pudong's glistening purple Oriental Pearl Tower. This bride knew that if she wanted to use the Tower as the backdrop for her 'big day' photos but still be the star of her own show, she was going to need some kickass couture... #weddingdress #fashionnova #owningit #prettyinpurple #shanghaifashionweek #mybigday
- Steel cut oats from the instant pot