Latest #ourtown Posts
- About a year ago I was with these gorgeous people doing this gorgeous story. How I adore and miss each and every moment of this perfect experience. ⛪️💫 📸: @tfort1 /// @weston_playhouse #OurTown
- Looking for some community involvement? A little networking perhaps? Maybe just meet and hangout with new faces? A new group has emerged over the last few weeks, calling themselves The Contoocook Valley Young Professionals. Naturally, Peterborough is their homebase, and so far they’ve held mixers at @coopershillpublichouse, Mi Jalisco, @postandbeambrewing, and @hilltopgolfnh. Another great resource and opportunity for community collaboration - check ‘em out on Facebook to learn about future mixers!
- PACK OUT THE PARK | ⚪️🔵 All under 16’s wearing your Cumbrian based colours of any sport go free!
Sunday 23rd June
Borough Park 🔵⚪️🔴⚪️ #onetown #ourtown
- Revisiting an iconic Worcester landmark...The Worcester Market Building was built in 1914, and at the time, it was believed to be the largest grocery supply building in the nation. 🍌🍎🌽🍅 The building was built for Fayette Asyril Amidon, who had founded the Worcester Market in 1894 after establishing a similar enterprise in Providence, Rhode Island.
The building was designed by Oreste Ziroli, an Italian immigrant who worked as a draftsman for the building's builder, J. W. Bishop. The exterior of the building is terracotta that has been decorated with medallions on agricultural themes. 🐮🐏 An ambitious plan in 2017 to restore the building as a public market did not get off the ground, when the prospective buyer could not reach a deal with the landlord. Today, the market is occupied by the ARCA Adult Day Care Center 👵🏻👴🏻
#worcester #worcestermass #igworcesterma #worcestermarket #teracotta #history #ourtown #webuiltthiscity #typography #architecture #architecturephotography
- Next up, I will be playing a classic role in a not so classic comedy. Excited to make my debut in the DC Fringe Fest playing Emily Webb in OUR TOWN + ZOMBIES. That's right, it's an hour long parody of Act Three of "Our Town" where, instead of peacefully reflecting in the cemetery, the dead characters all return as zombies to take over Grover's Corners! 😂😂 Shows run July 10 - 25 at the Riverside Baptist Church in DC. #ourtown #emilywebb #zombie #zombietakeover #parody #dcfringefestival #dcfringe #actorslife⭐
- “Humans of Bedford: "Everybody has problems. Rich. Poor. Everybody has different problems. You never really know what goes on behind closed doors. So, if you think that some people don’t have problems... they all do. In EMS, you come into people’s homes on short notice, and you see what’s going on in their lives. If you understand that, you look at your own issues you once thought were insurmountable, and everyone else out there, people you'd think would never have problems, they do. They all have problems. Quirkiness. Whatever you want to call it. And the best thing you can do is treat everybody with respect." If you want to read my ‘Humans of Bedford’ feature in its real time/first run, LIKE my FB page, Facebook.com/VoteBobbiBittker. New one coming this Friday.
#bittker4bedford #candidatesofinstagram #humansofbedford #kbhvac #katonahlife #empathy #bedfordhillsny #katonahny #bedfordny #storiesbuildcommunity #ourtown #listen #gettingtoknowyou
Top #ourtown Posts
- Out and about “Our Town” today, where American Playwright Thornton Wilder’s wrote the famous play “Our Town” in 1938. When you pass town lines you come across a sign “Welcome to Our Town, Peterborough, New Hampshire (established 1760) A Good Town to Live In”. I love the simplicity of that...our town, a good town. We can call it a day on that. I have yet to explore much of it, but as life is around here, all in good time, just as I imagine it was in Thornton Wilder’s day, when he would have seen a very similar view. The Peterborough Town House, the old Schoolhouse, Brick End House and G.A.R. Hall still sit along the Nubanusit and Contoocook Rivers, where life happy rambles on. #outandabout #ourtown #peterboroughnh #agoodtowntolivein #newhampshireliving #scenesofnewengland #historicalbuildings #discovernewengland #collageoflife @peterborough.nh
- ➡️➡️➡️ Once upon a time, this K100 was delivered to Sahling Kenworth. The original dealer plate still resides on the corner of the cab. #throwback #throwbackthursday #tbt