Latest #offthegrid Posts
- Not sure who’s more curious of who, also not sure who likes scratching in the dirt more but I do know they are both having a good time!
- What a storm! 💨💨💨 We tucked into Hatchet Bay in hopes of hiding a bit. Within minutes of the first gust our VHF began blowing up requesting help from those in need. A few vessels had already begun to drag through the crowded anchorage. We were at the ready with fenders in hand n our dinghy ready to go. We were so lucky to have Pete’s bro on board... he n Will were already on their way to aid others while Pete n I made sure our CoCo held strong. They helped guide our neighboring boat to a sturdier spot when they began to slip. Nothing makes your heart sink more than seeing a vessel drag towards shore while so many try to help. They managed to get her hooked n we all breathed a sigh of relief! Once again the sailing community shines 🌟 so bright during the darkest hour. So thrilled we could help out n pay forward all the kindness we’ve been shown! ☺️⚓️⛵️
#sailingcoco #squall #storm #hatchetbay #mcknightcrew #sailing #bahamas #cruising #liveaboards #tribe #offthegrid #sailing #sailingfamily #boatlife #weliveonaboat #fortunaislandspirit #mcknightbros #sailors #catamaran #sailboat #saltycrew
- Catching sunsets on Colombia’s Caribbean coast.
Spending 2 nights at Bohemia Beach Hostel made us realise how much we love listening to the ocean at night, and also confirmed any future house plans would be that way inclined 🙃
Did you know…
Colombia is the only South American country that has a coastline in both the Pacific Ocean & the Caribbean Sea?
- 🗺️ 📍🔍❓Isolated AF + totally gorgeous? 💎 See our Story for 5 stunning (and super-remote) spots to find serenity now! ID: 1673560a
- Here's a nice little 4 inch hunter dressed in black and blue g10 with black cerakote finish shipped to Arizona🗡🇺🇸
- Did some Earthing and Grounding today!
I spent about an hour reconnecting to the Earth after this long winter.
The theory is that earthing allows a transfer of negatively charged electrons from the Earths surface into the body. These electrons neutralize positively charged free radicals that cause chronic inflammation. These excess free radicals damages our cell membranes and DNA, leading to cancer and other diseases. Most of us have an overactive sympathetic nervous system (excessive emotional stress) Earthing has a calming and Balanchine effect on the nervous system.
Just take off your shoes and socks and walk around for at least 10 minutes, 20 if you can.
Mindful walking is to simply walk and stay present with your environment. This can mentally calm and recenter you. Walking barefoot has the added benefit of massaging acupuncture points in your feet.
#homesteading #calicochickenfarm #offthegrid #yleo #grounding #earthing #earthing👣
- This history major was nerding out today amidst the ruins and splendor of Rome... 😍
🇮🇹 Italy Day Seven