Latest #nonbinary Posts
- 👑 QUEER PROM STORIES 👑
As part of our recent photo shoot for our upcoming @brightonfringe event (details below), we asked members of the queer community to talk about their experiences of their prom. Here's the fifth story in our series -
“I went to an all girls boarding school that should have been a bastion of tradition and conservatism, but actually had a surprisingly long history of sapphic activity running through it’s undercurrent, (probably inevitable when you stick a bunch of hormonal teenagers up on a hill with minimal adult supervision). I was incredibly fortunate to have a supportive gang of friends who would probably have been disappointed if I’d turned up to prom in anything resembling “normal”. I did my best not to disappoint, rocking up with my fabulous girlfriend, and wearing a kilt - an ode to my future university career in Scotland and the closest thing to genderqueer formal wear I could come up with in the early 2000s home counties.
That night, I also professed my long-standing affections for my favourite teacher, to which she replied “yep, I know”, and then we shared a dance. I like to think that if we had elected a prom king and queen, i would have won them both!
I realise how unusual that experience was, especially back in the last dirty days of Section 28. Queer Prom is important because LGB and especially T people the world over are still being harassed, attacked, and killed. I want every queer, young and old to have a prom experience like mine. For that to become the norm, not the anomaly, and maybe one day, it could last for more than just one night.”
Model - @bigblackbutchbitch
Photographers - @kaleidoshoots
If you'd like to rewrite your Prom Story, join us on Friday 31st May, 11pm - 3am, at @komedia_brighton and do prom again, the right way and queer as fuck! Tickets available via the link in our bio 👑❤️
- A soft beat for a soft jirl 👽
After a rly hard 2 weeks with no knife earrings, THEYRE BACK 😭💖 tysm @hausofdizzy
- Playing around with snapchat filters 😂
- 20% on FOMME this whole weekend on vervlondon.com!!🎈💸🎈(till Monday 27th)
My dear fommes out there! I am very honored to be able to start that takeover with a foto our verves‘ were shooting of the stunning @calummcswiggan 💕We are so blessed he was wearing some of our stuff at this shoot. Here you can see him in our lace shirt of this season. It looks amazing on you Calum!! Don‘t you think? 😍
It‘s good to know there is ambassadors of the fomme spirit like you out there! 🤞
#ss19 #fomme #calummcswiggan #laceshirt #specialdiscount #onlineshop #nonbinary #unisex #genderfluidfashion
- Do you ever feel like Kenny from South Park some days? I do.
Top #nonbinary Posts
- Today I’m taking the test I have been preparing for over the last two months, thank you for all your support while I was studying and taking a break from content creating. I’m gonna slay this test today and get back to having fun and creating great new things for all you amazing people. 🖤🖤 also I clearly dressed to impress today 😉
#medstudent #tomboystyle #nonbinary #pixiecut #platinumblonde
- “I came out at 11 as Transgender. The looming possibilities, consequences and “what if's” weighed heavily on my mind. I didn’t know how my life would play out, if I’d receive support from my friends and family, or if I’d ever be content with my identity. Now at 16, I’m so grateful to be able to express my transgender identity with pride. I am valid, I am proud. Nobody can tell me I can’t live authentically and that’s why I fight for those unable to be themselves. We are people, we are beautiful, courageous, valid, creative, authentic and so much more than toxic stereotypes.”
#protecttranskids #transisbeautiful #authentic #human #transyouth #lgbtyouth #lgbt #queer #gay #lesbian #bisexual #genderfluid #nonbinary #notaburden #testosterone #proud #transformation #acceptance #support #yallmeansall #prideportraits
- I’ve never posted a photo of me before in this form SO BE NICE. Today marks 3 years since I started down the road to physically transitioning. A lot has change since the first photo. I was 16 probably convinced to wear an awful dress and most likely some heels, I’m getting nauseous thinking about it, oh and pantyhose 🤢🙅♂️. The photo on the right is from today 40 years old, non binary identifying, and navigating through life as best I can. Starting testosterone didn’t fix everything, there’s still a lot of mental and emotional work that gets done on a daily basis, I just focus on one day at a time and being the best person I can possibly be. #ftm #transgender #nonbinary #genderqueer #transathlete #onedayatatime
- 🌈💖🌈 Queer & Proud 🌈💖🌈 new shirts in my Etsy shop this Sunday at 11am El Salvador time 😌💖✨ not the skirt tho, I made those last year and kept one for myself 🙊🙆🏽♀️✨ I’m so excited for June! You bet I’m already thinking of making a rainbow outfit for Pride 🌚💖🌈 my favorite time of the year tbh there’s always so much love and it’s so beautiful to be surrounded by so many people that share your way of thinking and beliefs and it feels like we’re a gigantic family and I’m excited ! 😩💖💖💖 #ootd #wiwt #outfit #style #elsalvador #merch #illustrationartists #queer #pride #lgtb #nonbinary #rainbow #proud #love #diversity #tattoo