Latest #nomnom Posts
- Enjoy a range of our delicious tapas. Visit our website to book a table.
- 糯米糍 (Chinese mochi?) from cheung Chau, I tried the chocolate and mango, not bad!
- • M E A T & V E G •
#throwback to dinner two nights ago. I was really inspired by the food I saw on #saltfatacidheat, and thought it would be nice to go back to basics. I think of steak as the food equivalent of that “trusty black outfit” that matches any accessory, can be dressed up or down and works for any occasion.
My accessories of choice this go around were some freshly made gremolata drizzle drazzle, served alongside some roasted organic carrots, potatoes and Brussels sprouts.
P.S. - It was my first time making Brussels sprouts and I’m totally in love with them now.
Made by me, shot by him. 📷: @nikvoon
- Many Orthodox churches base Easter on the Julian calendar meaning that Easter is often celebrated on a different date. This year, for many people #aroundtheworldwednesday this is Easter week. To celebrate we are sharing a typical Easter bread #recipe as made in CYPRUS!
Like anything worth eating, this takes some time but is absolutely worth it 😋.
The day before, filling needs to be made.
Combine all together, cover and refrigerate.
250g mild cheddar cheese, grated
250g haloumi, grated
1/4 cup semolina
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp mahlepi *
1 tsp mastic, ground **
1 tsp mint, finely shredded
Dough - Combine
500g plain flour
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 tsp mahlepi *
1/2 tsp mastic, ground **
1 tsp sugar
1 1/2 cups milk, warmed
1 tsp dried yeast
125g butter, melted
Combine mixtures and knead into a dough. Rest for 1 hour. Separate dough into 12 balls. Roll each one to ~6 inch circle with rolling pin. Place filling in centre. Bring edges up to form a 🔼or◾, leaving centre exposed. Brush with egg and sprinkle with sesame seeds. Bake @175°C for 30 minutes.
* spice from black cherry pit
** resin from from Pistacia lentiscus tree, only grows on Chios, Greece
Both available in Greek delicatessens
#healthychoices #delish #homecook #foodideas #foodstagram #foodislife #foodforfuel #handsonlearning #madefromscratch #getkidscooking #hungry #kidchef #teachingkids #iteach #lovefood #foodie #eattherainbow #funwithfood #foodeducationforkids #kidscooking #feedme #foodgram #cookingincursions #nomnom #melbourne #kitchenclassroom #getinmybelly #kidshealth
- Favourite customer this week? Ralph! He swears by our water bowl, best in town!
- It’s a good day to be in the club....this Chicken Caesar Soup is next level yum! Another slow cooker soup packed with flavour and super easy. Live Now
Recipe by Cherie @pepperandme_