Latest #national Posts
- #Gorillas perfect their #selfie #style in photo with park ranger
Two gorillas have been snapped apparently #mimicking human behavior, in a remarkable selfie with a park ranger who helped rescue them as babies.
The photo, taken by a worker at Virunga #National Park in the #Democratic Republic of Congo, swiftly went viral after being shared on Facebook.
"Another day at the office..." Mathieu Shamavu wrote #alongside the image, which has been shared more than 20,000 times.
Female gorillas Ndakazi and Ndeze appear to be naturals in front of the camera; one stands proudly in a power pose with her feet wide apart, while the other leans forward to make it into the shot. Those gorilla gals are always acting cheeky so this was the #perfect shot of their true #personalities," Virunga National Park wrote on #Instagram.
"Also, it's no #surprise to see these girls on their two feet either -- most primates are #comfortable walking upright (bipedalism) for short bursts of time," it added.
The park, which stretches along the #northeast region of the country, is home to 22 primate species, including three great apes. It's estimated that 1,000 #mountain gorillas inhabit the site.
More than 600 #rangers work to #safeguard wildlife at the park, a 3,000-square-mile site that has frequently seen violence and #outbreaks of conflict.
Several rangers have been killed there, and two Britons were #kidnapped on the site last year.
Another ranger, Hakizimana Sinamenye Chadrack, died in March after sustaining serious injuries from a hippo, the park said on its website.
- Celebrities are really no different to you and I. While many actors may have access to more help than the average mother, celebrity mums have more in common with you than meets the eye. With Mother’s Day fast approaching, we honour some of our favourite celebrity Mom’s on motherhood, their career, and the ones who are proud to let their sexy side show even after having kids. Read our Feature Story to know who has made it to the list of the hottest moms in B-Town!
If talent had a face, it would be Varun Dhawan. After two power-packed performances last year and with a number of plum assignments to his name, the actor is hot on the heels of success. Varun sizzles the cover with his recently launched campaign for Skybags and talks about his latest venture, Kalank and his 100% track record in the Cover Story.
In People in Focus, we clue you into the work of Swanzal Kak Kapoor, the design principal and co-founder of Saka studio in Gurgaon. The interior designer’s work celebrates cultural specificity, craft, embodied emotions, ecological consciousness, and collaborative synergy. We also have a singer, songwriter, and composer, Aaryan Tiwari, whose popular tracks like ‘Pyar Ho Gaya’, ‘Be With You’, and ‘Juda’ has struck a chord with music aficionados.
Jessica Jayne, an economics graduate from St Xavier’s College in Mumbai, is the brain behind Pahadi Local, an initiative that advocates luxury in simplicity. Turn to In the Spotlight where the wellpreneur explains how it takes a wellness approach to beauty, empowering consumers with quality, and bring luxury and pureness of tradition to your doorstep.
Everybody wants to look young and beautiful, but the real question remains how young is too young to start an anti-ageing regimen? Positive outlook, managing stress levels, regular workouts, and maintaining a healthy diet will keep us fit, while unhealthy lifestyles are the factors that can have negative effects on our skin. This month in Mind & Body we share a list of super foods that are
jam-packed with antioxidants, vitamins, and other essentials that will help your skin glow.
Last but not the least, in Grand Getaways we have actress Nanda Yadav’s trip to Europe
- One of the topics that Akshay Kumar brought up over which both men had a few laughs was what people - including former actor and entrepreneur Twinkle Khanna - usually post about the Prime Minister on social media. "I follow you (Akshay Kumar) and Twinkle Khanna ji on Twitter. From the way she targets me, I understand there must be peace in your family life," said PM Modi, drawing brief laughter from the actor. "All her anger must have been spent on me, and so you must be feeling at peace." Twinkle Khanna, who goes by the handle "mrsfunnybones" on Twitter, replied on her timeline, "I have a rather positive way of looking at this - Not only is the Prime Minister aware that I exist but he actually reads my work."
#onebharathnews #india #national #pmofindia #narandramodi #interview #actor #akshaykumar #delhi #pm #says #about #wife #twinklekhanna #mrsfunnybones #tweets #twitter
- Wow! What a bank holiday weekend! We did a really cracking job when we ordered the good weather ;) Has Easter put you in the mood for a fly-in? If it has, we've got the perfect answer... Over the weekend of the 11th and 12th of May, the National Centre will be holding a General Fly-In where everyone is welcome.
Bring your models and have a fly on the world famous BMFA Buckminster runway, also bring your non flying family or friends and they too can have a go at model flying... for FREE!
Before you know it, they'll be hooked and joining you down at your flying club! Now that sounds like a plan to us :) For more information or to book your space email - firstname.lastname@example.org
www.bmfa.org #bmfa #britishmodelflyingassociation #aeromodelling #flight #fest #flightfest #national #model #flying month
- #NATIONAL | Central Forces Seeking Votes For BJP, Alleges Mamata
Details: West Bengal Chief Minister and Trinamool Congress chief Mamata Banerjee said that officials of Central forces have been influencing voters to cast their vote in favour of the BJP. Mamata further said that her party has lodged complaint with the Election Commission (EC) against the offenders.
While addressing an election rally in Hoogly, Mamata on Tuesday said that the Central force personnel entered two polling booths in Malda South constituency’s Englishbazar and urged the voters to cast their votes in favour of BJP.
Urging Central forces and the police forces to stick to their duty of maintaining law and order and not try to influence the elections, Mamata said, “Why will they do it? Is it their duty to do it? Police cannot enter inside the polling booths without the permission of the returning officer.” #MamataBanerjee #BJP #TMC #ElectionCommission #WestBengal #pratidintime