Latest #napa Posts
- THE ‘open concept’ always has our heart. We believe the best places to gather are in the kitchen or around a table, so combining the two is a beautiful marrying of spaces that offers form, function, fun and fantastic memories with family and friends! This space by @jenniferrobininteriors elevates the concept so beautifully and @karenjensenarchitecture created such fantastic volume and balance🌿📸by @dyerphoto
- Spring is here, and so is our newest Catalog! 💐📖 Read more about all of our special offers including Silver Oak, Insignia, and exclusive Bounty Hunter private selections! 🍷 Don’t hesitate to call our wine scouts if you have any questions 📞
- A touch of brightness goes a long way! Balayage on my gorgeous, new client Nicole. Such a pleasure having you in my chair♥️
- New season, new beginnings, welcome Spring! Cheers🥂🌸
- Perfect way to start Spring 🦋🦋🦋
- The finest way to learn about anything is to experience it. We invite you to join us at the winery. Open daily from 10:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m. by appointment. Click the link in our bio to make your reservation! 🍷 📷: @goalerwannabe
- Empire Winemaker's Reserve Sauvignon Blanc 2017
Wine #2 of 6 of a blind tasting that I did at work. Typically, I find Sauvignon Blanc acidic and grassy - not my favourite. That being said, this Napa Valley (Rutherford AVA) surprised me. Aromas of gooseberry, grapefruit, lemon and peach with some tropical fruit. Suggested aromas (I didn't get these, others did, of green bell pepper, grass and peas). This was dry with medium acidity, a light+ body and a medium finish. I would definitely pick this one up as a nice summer sipper.
#empire #sauvignonblanc #napa #rutherfordava #blindtasting
- AutoCAD + LandFX = Beautiful Working Envirotment
Get ready for me to nerd out on you for a moment.
I can't say enough how lucky I am to be able to work in this program with the add-on. What used to take me days to create now takes hours.
What does that mean for my clients? Well it saves them a lot of money and allows me to draft up even more detailed construction drawing sets.
Haven't heard of LandFX? Check them out, it's made by Landscape Architects and Designers for Landscape Architects and Designers.
The features that you are seeing above is that they have a database of plant symbols and rendered plant symbols. When you draft up a plant list you can choose what those are. Then with a click of a button render the whole plan.
It blows my mind! Okay, that's all for now. Have a great day!
- I ❤️❤️ backyard weddings 😍😍 there is nothing more priceless then getting married at the same place you grew up falling down the hills and singing gangster rap with your dad 😂
- I drink Rose when I’m thirstaaa. And cab ... mostly cab..
- Still reminiscing on the perfect weekend back home with this guy 💏🍷🍷💕
- Sad news today for the NFD, as we learned of the passing of Retired Fire Chief Joe Perry. He was 68 years old. The Napa Fire Department was established in 1906 and has had a total of 10 Fire Chiefs in our 113 year history. Fire Chief Joe Perry was our 7th Fire Chief; hired April 16, 1991 and retired on February 29, 2004.
Chief Perry started his fire service career with Newark Fire Department. He came to us from Union City Fire Department and after retiring from Napa, he became the Fire Chief for the UC Davis Fire Department, before his final retirement in 2010.
Chief Perry was a devoted husband, proud father and friend to many.
Our thoughts and prayers are with his family and loved ones. We will miss you. The entire Fire Service family, thanks you for your service…
Rest In Peace. #firechief #napa #firefighter #bayareafirefighter #chiefmiller #firefighterpride
- Happy #WinemakerWednesday! Samuel Louis is our featured winemaker and his 2016 Syrah from the Santa Cruz Mountains AVA is one of this month's Garagiste Club feature!⠀
The bucolic vineyards of California’s Central Coast always enthralled Sam as a child, when he used to bike through them with his father; however, this isn’t necessarily where the story begins. Years later, a nagging desire for wine knowledge and the proximity to good surf led him to Bordeaux: the perfect place to study French and economics for a semester. This coincided with the iconic Bordeaux vintage of 2009, and opened his eyes to the world of wine. Though somewhat reticent and cold, Sam’s French host family did eat and drink well; their pairing of confit de canard with ’89 Margaux on a cold Sunday afternoon in November serves as a poignant memory for Sam.⠀
Clearly, wine and everything it embodies are still the most cerebral and captivating experience for him. Making Pinot Noir in the Willamette Valley and Syrah in the Northern Rhône, and cutting his teeth as assistant winemaker for Margerum Wine Company gave him the opportunities to find where his palate and California’s cool Central Coast terroir converge.⠀
SAMUEL LOUIS WINES is dedicated to making honest wines of balance, freshness, and finesse. In the future, the core of SLW will be made with dirty fingernails and estate grown grapes. For now, Sam is dedicated to sourcing fruit from the most distinctive honestly- and sustainably-managed vineyards from the Sta. Rita Hills to the Santa Cruz Mountains. He is also head winemaker at the historic Morgan Winery, a pioneer of organic viticulture and traditional winemaking in the Santa Lucia Highlands AVA.⠀
Watercolor paintings, also found in black and white on the labels, are Sam’s originals.⠀
(Repost from @samuellouiswines )
- ALBONDIGAS DE POLLO 🐔
Mary’s free range chicken meatballs, onion, rice, oregano, lemon zest, cilantro, roasted chipotle & tomato sauce, tortillas $15 #delicioso
- Does Instagram distort anyone else’s pics? This was SO clear on my camera roll but got a little blurry once I uploaded it.🙄
Either way these were 🔥🔥
- Great places deserve great wine. What wine would you drink here?
- Beauty hunting. Thanks for a wonderful visit Nancy and David.