Latest #museum Posts
- GCM My Favourite Object by Rory our TY student on work placement: My favourite object is the Royal “Cló Gaelach” typewriter. It is a typewriter using a specific Gaelic type based on a style of lettering found in Irish manuscripts. Gaelic type was used in the first book printed in Irish in Ireland (1571). Despite opposition from the Gaelic league and others, it was phased out by the Irish Government, primarily for reasons of cost and replaced by Roman type. This is my favourite object because I thought it was interesting that there was a different stylistic Irish alphabet to the normal English one.
#galwaycitymuseum #galwaycitycouncil #galway #museum #typlacement #myfavouriteobject #revolutionaryexhibition
- Have you worked with pre-keeled mdf before? It is letting us form some great curved surfaces on this #museum homage to a 1920-ish #streetcar
- You should let me love you
- “The return of the bear hunter”, 1862 by Adolph Tidemand.
- I went to Liverpool almost by mistake. I didn’t knew the story of the city, even that it was Beatles city, or from where Titanic had departed... so yes, it’s definitely a place to visit. It was a great place to end my trip. Cheers to Liverpool!