Latest #matera Posts
- Ogni tanto mi sorprendo.
- Passeggiando per la capitale della cultura ☺ Una meraviglia❣ #matera
Top #matera Posts
- If you could, where would you return to among your previous travels?
Today, we'd like to talk about the places we'd like to visit again to when we get the chance in the future. And since we had the chance to see so much of Italy, we'll share with you our best experiences from our previous travels around this fascinating country.
1. Matera: as seen on the pictures above, it is no coincidence this ancient town was chosen as the Capital of Culture this year. We had an amazing time exploring its tiny allies in the heart of Matera, and hope to explore other spots in Basilicata in the future.
2. Turin: definitely one of our favorite cities ever! Being the former capital of Italy, Turin still keeps its majestic architecture and is a hub for international cuisine and museums. Since it's still underrated by tourists, it is also incredibly cheap!
3. Ischia: only one hour away from Napoli, this beautiful island is one of the hidden gems of Campania. The vibrant colors of the sea and the colorful houses built around the island got us absolutely impressed when we looked at the city view from the top of a castle.
4. Genova: we went there with no expectations and loved it! Genova is a vibrant city in Liguria with the friendliest people and excellent cuisine.
5. Alba: located in Piemonte, we went there to explore the wineries around Langhe and were amazed by the restaurants there. Couldn't have enough of truffles and Nebbiolo wine and would definitely return in a heartbeat!
What about you guys? Where would you like to return to if you could? -----
#igersbasilicata #basilicata_cartoline_ #exploring_ita #top10italy #volgobasilicata #Italiainunoscatto #italynearme #italianlandscapes #matera #ig_basilicata #alluring_villages #materainside #materadiscovering #materaonline #volgomatera #sassimatera #igersmatera #ig_matera #materainside #vivomatera #ig_basilicata_ #basilicataphotos #bestbasilicatapics #shotz_of_basilicata
- #Matera - Since the making of the film #thepassion #thepassionofthechrist by Mel Gibson, Matera has become a popular tourist destination. The superb cinematography earned a much deserved Oscar nomination and it’s hard to imagine a more appropriate setting for such a film. Gibson, however was not the first to recognise Matera’s potential as a stand-in for Jerusalem 2,000 years ago. In fact Pasolini filmed the biblical classic “The Gospel According to Matthew” 40 years earlier. Matera- 2019 European Capital of Culture. #buongiornoconnoi @assuntaledesma @msderossi @vargherita @babyblackfeet #MySchiav Matera, Italy