Latest #lovegreatbritain Posts
- Ivy Grange Farm in Suffolk has four yurts and a shepherd’s hut in a wildflower meadow, just 3km from Brampton station.
Ivy Grange Farm also offers a £12 discount on a yurt booking for those arriving by train, and they will also collect you from Brampton station.
See our bio for more glamping details and how to get there by train.
- You know like those summers when you were a kid? Before the part time jobs? Those summer days and nights where you made last minute plans and spent 75% of your time outside. I wonder what kids do nowadays. We used to spend our summers in the neighborhood playing with all the other kids. A neighborhood wide game of hide and seek? Sure! Kickball down the road in the open field? You bet. Becoming mini chefs in the kitchen using random ingredients from the cupboard? Swimming at the local pool. Endless hours of bike rides to and from friends houses. Creating your own girl band and practicing performances for your pals. I’m glad no one had the heart to tell me I was not meant for the music industry because I loved doing things like that.
All that activity is probably why as an adult all I want to do is explore and get out during the summer. A cute town an hour away? Let me at it! This is Mermaid Street in Rye, which is probably up there as one of the most beautiful streets in England. Hopefully I get to see them all someday. 💛 #visitengland #voyaged
- “For my part, I travel not to go anywhere, but to go. I travel for travel’s sake. The great affair is to move.” - Robert Louis Stevenson
- What a stunning view to begin your week!
- 1763-5 #CapabilityBrown worked at #BranchesPark #Cowlinge #Newmarket #Suffolk for Ambrose Dickens charging £1,500 (£2.5 mil). Dickens refused to pay extra £58 1 shilling & 8 pence (£99,490) so Brown "tore the account before Mr Dickens's face and had his say upon the business to him". This was recorded in Brown’s Account Book – only example of Brown behaving in anger in entire book. There is no surviving plan, illustration or description of Brown's work at Branches Park. There is a map of estate made in 1766 for Ambrose Dickens by Thomas Spencer of Wickhambrook. Vista through thickets at north end of park may be shown on J. Hodskinson's Map of Suffolk (1783) but not on 1766 estate map, which shows large round pond on east boundary & comma-shaped pond south of house. Ambrose Dickins died in 1778 & was succeeded by his son Francis, who sold estate in 1807. Cut & paste for more info: bit.ly/2BI9tEi #landscapes #landscape #garden #walking #england #britain #englishlandscapes #english #countryhouse #englishcountryhouse #gardens #lovegreatbritain
- За неделю дома пересмотрела Шерлока, пытаясь вернуться к работе. Угадайте, что было успешнее 😑 ⠀
Been home for about a week, already planning my next getaway 😅
- Enjoying a cocktail in the Gold Bar @bristolharbourhotel is a must when visiting Bristol.
I recently spent a lovely sunny day in the city, sampling some of the many many things on offer to visitors this summer. Head over to the blog now to find out more!
- Over the past 40 years, the number of Wall Butterflies has declined rapidly, by over 80%, resulting in it being classified as ‘nearly threatened’
Butterfly conservationists were understandably extremely happy to discover that these beautiful butterflies have started to flourish at Hoe Grange Quarry, in Derbyshire! 120 butterflies have been counted at the Quarry, more then anywhere else in the UK.
Over 27 species of butterflies can now be seen at the Quarry! Want to read the full article, including how you could potentially see the rare butterfly? Visit our Homepage, link in bio! ↟
- Sheffield Park Garden covers nearly 250 acres of blossoming landscapes after centuries of intricate care. 🌼 📷 @dominicgoddardd
- Durdle Door in Dorset, breathtaking at sunrise.
This weekend some close friends treated us to a weekend along the Jurassic Coast as a wedding present. The views were incredible and sunrise at the limestone arch of Durdle Door was truly epic.
- A fantastic weekend away enjoying the great British summer in Bridlington in East Yorkshire. Beautiful sandy beaches combined with a buzzing harbour make this a popular destination for day trippers and holiday makers alike.
- Pittenweem, piccolo villaggio delle fiabe nell'East Neuk of Fife 😍
- ‘I do like to be beside the seaside.’ Who’s wishing that they were here right now? 🙋♀️ Captured by @ohtheplaceswewillsee
Thank you for sharing your lovely photo with us.
Tag your photos to be featured 🇬🇧
- A cinemagraph from Abereiddy watchtower
- Yesterday we visited Battle - charming little town in East Sussex. There is a Battle Abbey - the site of the most important battle in English history - Battle of Hastings, where William the Conqueror defeated King Harold II in 1066 and where England’s future decided.
Вчера мы побывали в Баттл - очаровательном милом городке в графстве East Sussex, там же находится и аббатство, построенное на месте, где произошла битва при Хастингсе, та самая, что изменила ход истории Англии в 1066 году. #ysk_travels #prettycities #battle_by_slava #eastsussex #battle
- Lovely old town streets. The street on the right was featured in the photo I posted yesterday. If you haven't seen it, go check it out.
Top #lovegreatbritain Posts
- London is always better with flowers around!💐 Photo by @jetaime.07
- Happy Sunday! One week ago I was discovering Bristol and I never imagined the city was so colorful. It has some pastel-colored houses like these, specially in a neighborhood called Clifton Village. In fact, I must say that, this part of the city became my favorite. Do you like these colorful houses? #britishsummer #lovegreatbritain @lovegreatbritain_es ————————————
¡Feliz domingo! Hace una semana estaba descubriendo Bristol y nunca imaginé que la ciudad fuera tan colorida. Tiene algunas casas de colores pastel como éstas, especialmente en un barrio llamado Clifton Village. De hecho, debo decir que esta parte de la ciudad se convirtió en mi favorita. ¿Te gustan estas casitas de colores?