Latest #lostinbanff Posts
- My energy speaks itself 🌹
- I want fire. I want madness. Or I want nothing at all. 🌲
📍: Two Jack Lake, Banff
- Meeting new creative minds is always an amazing experience. The meet up in Banff was one of the first times in years I've gotten to meet any like minded people and I'm so grateful I got to attend. Even though I'm terrible in crowds and totally clamped up for most of it haha.. 😅 I'm so excited to finally be physically well enough to attend university and I am so happy to so be a part of a creative atmosphere again.
- Who did it better?! Let me know in the comments which one is your fav!
In no particular order, except for Marc’s, cause like 😍 that yellow jacket ya know!
- Check out those sick kicks. Hand painted by @freeflow_ca and they even match the blanket 👌🏼
- I love this little lake, it’s like being hugged by mountains from every side. So cozy! 😊☕️🌄(I automatically associate coffee with cozy lol)
What’s your cozy, like a “hug from deep within” type of place? Doesn’t have to be a physical space, could be a concept! 🙂
- Sometimes my captions are short and sweet, and sometimes they have their own bibliography and cover page. This is one of those.
Community. Community is the coolest fuckin thing in the world.
There, 1 fbomb, we're still PG-13.
As I mentioned in my last post, last weekend I got to spend a day in Banff with a bunch of incredibly talented individuals enjoying the sweet spring air at two Jack lake. Thanks to @marcwebster @jayrmcdonald and @lostcoordinate. The three of them organized an incredible event that brought together people from all sorts of places, and fostered a community of inclusion and creativity in such an elegant way. I'm lucky enough to be headed back to Banff next week to hang out with these guys again, and I'm super stoked for that.
In frame are @ebonyjepson and @benwaugh, some of the friendliest people I've met. I was setting up a shot for @heartprintthreads and Ben was walkin by, asked if I wanted him to hop in the scene, and I was more than happy to oblige! I had been following Ben's photography for a while, and he's just as genuine and funny as he seems. He calls over his friend, @ebonyjepson "ebony, come over here! Be my girlfriend for this photo, I'm lonely!", and she gladly joined. The two of them produced this shot, one of my favourites from the weekend, and then we all hung around the lake chatting til the sun went down. The weekend ended, people went home, and were more connected because of it.
Community is cool. Community is important. Bring people together and talk about things.
Gonna give a few shout outs here, to my friends Taylor and Jenna, the minds behind @heartprintthreads. They've started a locally owned business that designs the blanket and bag you see here. Not only are they passionate about design, they are also passionate about people. With every purchase of a blanket, a blanket is donated to someone in need. Check them out.
@benwaugh is a brilliant photographer, starting a VanLife. Check out his feed, he's running a giveaway with @countryliberty right now
@ebonyjepson thank you for sitting so close to Ben, I hear hes got cooties
What does community mean to you?
- Have you ever watched an artisan work? It’s magical!!! When a person has passion for what they do it translates into every little movement. It comes across in every stitch and every button hammered. Every piece breathes with the love and care meticulously put into every detail.
This is one of those... 💗
If you want to see more, go follow @closgeneral, because passion is contagious, and these bags are 🔥🔥🔥
#lostinbanff #nosmallcreator #heartandsoul #artisan #supportlocalbusiness
- Cheers to the long weekend! Watch out for the Mini Eggs tho, they’re SUPER addicting, trust me I’ve eaten way too many. 🐰🥚🥚🥚🐣 // #lostinbanff 📸: @rajeeeee
- This girl right here is always putting herself down. Can you relate?
I’ve spent most of the past two years thinking of my creative self as “just a beginner” “not good enough” “can’t do that yet” “not worth that much” and guess what with that mindset that’s exactly what I believe. I’ve been holding myself back and filling my brain with things I would never say to another human.
Comparison can be an ugly thing but some of the artists I met this weekend inspired me to change the way I look at it…to let other creatives inspire me and motivate me to pursue my goals even harder, because the biggest difference I noticed between us is mindset. I wear a bracelet on my arm every single day that reads “believing is just the beginning” it’s about time I take that advice.
Is there somewhere in your life that you’re telling yourself that you aren’t enough?! Shift that shit now, live in possibility, you have the choice and it’s not worth telling yourself you’re anything less!
Photo: @avibrantmind 🙌🏼 Edit: @owlsatdawnphotography
- The best seat in the house... Great meeting all the folks who rocked up to the #lostinbanff event last weekend. Humble to be part of such a great community.
Thanks to @jayrmcdonald @marcwebster and @lostcoordinate for all your time and effort in organising the day.
- Gotta love running around in the mountains
- Packed my bag and off for the weekend to turn 26! See you all Tuesday, happy Easter egg hunting! I’ll be out here getting #lostinbanff and shredding it up!
So wonderful to have met new and familiar faces at last weeks creative meet up 2.0 at #twojacklake with @lostcordinate, @marcwebster, @jayrmcdonald .Thank you guys for always being down to earth and bringing this time for all of us to explore our inner creative.
Till next time, bon voyage <3
Photo Assistance: @loreenajans.artistry
- It’s more than just the taste of food that makes you remember the dish. It’s the presentation and the combination of colours. I think the logo on this table is what made my experience. I love the way this looks!
#weekenders #nosmallcreator #canmore