Latest #laundry Posts
- I love this post and Fabric Softener Recipe from Royal Crown Diamond, April Pointer! 💚I just made my own fabric softener! I normally use white vinegar in lieu of conventional (toxic) fabric softeners but my flannel sheets need a little more “UMPH” so I experimented today.
Why do I even care about having a #chemicalfree fabric softener? Many many years ago, a dear friend was diagnosed with cancer.
The first question her Oncologist asked was, “Do you use conventional dryer sheets, fabric softeners or burn candles with fragrance? If so, stop immediately. They’re carcinogenic.” Ummm...What? 😮😮😮 She was shocked to learn that these things have carcinogens in them and are not safe.
I mean, I guess it made sense that it wasn’t a real pumpkin or vanilla bean in our candles. She started reading labels on household cleaners & personal care items. She tossed it all as she was in a medical crisis. We looked up non toxic replacements together.
We got rid of fragrance candles and now diffuse essential oils and buying battery operated candles for that candle “look”. My favorite diffuser has a candle flicker setting so I can diffuse safe things to breathe and get that soft romantic glow!
Now, when anyone asks what they should start replacing first in their home when concerting to a chemical free home, I always suggest starting with laundry first. Why? Because 24 hours a day our skin is touching and absorbing what we’ve laundered our clothes or sheets in. This includes dyes which is why it’s smart to always wash new clothes before wearing.
So, now we use laundry detergent and fabric softeners that won’t threaten our health. They smell GOOD without fake fragrances. Thanks to Young Living we can easily order safe products and what we need, when we need it, and never run out!
If you’ve not yet stepped into this lifestyle and want to baby step your way in or make a hard jump, message me! I’ll share with you #allthethings to help you navigate this. 😍
🍀Fabric Softener Recipe in comments! #allnaturalbeauty #nontoxic #laundry #fabricsoftener #fragrances #candles #personalcare #chemicalfree #chemicalfreehome #kidsafe #petsafe #clean #home
- When I consider how my Oma's first electric washing machine completely changed her laundry day, it isn't all that inconceivable that some day this is how laundry will get done, although the laundry still has to be put into the machine by hand, just like someone still has to manually put each item into a luxury folding machine. My grandmother didn't get her first modern washing machine until 1960. Read about it here in a story written by my aunt:
- While you probably know to clean the lint trap in your #dryer regularly, did you know that the exhaust line also needs to be cleaned? Unfortunately, it is a common cause of house fires as this family found out: http://ow.ly/C07i50lPWQ5
#dryervent #safehome #firehazard #laundry
- “After about two days, if you dry your face on a hand towel, you’re probably getting more E. coli on your face than if you stuck your head in a toilet and flushed it.” 🤢
So how often should you wash your towels? 🧺
Link in profile.
#laundry #cleaning #wash #germs #home #housekeeping #housecleaning
- 🤦♀️This is my life today...
🤯Procrastination makes more work!
🧦If you don't hear from me I may be buried in the laundry (there's more to wash)
- With no dyes or harsh chemicals, Daisy’s Goat Milk Laundry Soap is completely safe for your entire family. Which scent will you choose?? 🧡💚💙💜
- This is a Whirlpool GAS stacked laundry center with 2.5 cubic feet washer and 5.9 cubic feet dryer.
We offer free local delivery and free removal of any old appliance.
Financing options available!
#stackablewasheranddryer #washer #dryer #laundry
- Why use wool balls in place of dryer sheets? #TeachingTuesday
**Did you know that some of the most harmful ingredients in dryer sheets include benzyl acetate (linked to pancreatic cancer), benzyl alcohol (an upper respiratory tract irritant), ethanol (linked to central nervous system disorders), limonene (a known carcinogen) and chloroform (a neurotoxin and carcinogen), among others.
**These dangerous chemicals then leave residue on our clothes, sheets, and towels meaning our skin is suffering constant exposure to them.
**Wool balls on the other hand are non-toxic, reduce drying time, soften clothes for up to 1000 loads of laundry, and can be scented to suit your specific taste with just a couple drops of essential oils. In short, they are better for your health, clothes, and budget!
**For my towels and sheets I add a few drops of Purification to boost freshness, while my clothing gets a couple drops of my favorite scent, Lemongrass 😌
**Bonus tip: Add a giant safety pin to your wool ball to reduce static!
#youngliving #essentialoils #yleo #greenliving #chemicalfree #naturaloptions #chemicalfreehome #plantbased #oilylife #younglivingeo #journeytowellness #simplelife #laundry #tips #crafts #woolballs #healthandwellness #livinggreen #simplicity #nontoxic #rollerblends #diffuse #younglivingessentialoils