Latest #kukucampers Posts
- Same place, other perspective.
- As I've been browsing flights, desperate to plan our next adventure, I keep trying to talk myself out of going back to Iceland. I would like to visit somewhere new but I can't help dreaming about nights snuggling and watching the northern lights, days hiking around waterfalls, and a whole lot of awesomeness in between!! And obviously from the photo, we had so much freaking fun camping and driving the Ring Road together!! #iceland #ringroad #jokulsarlon #glacier #kukucampers #wanderlust #travel #love
- Bodafoss at Godafoss.
Thanks @michal_zeinert for this incredible experience 😍👌🏻
Glacier ice doesn't consist of the ice we know from the fridge.
They are caused by snowfall which falls at certain locations throughout the year. With ever new layer of snow, the lower layers are compressed.
The compression then forces the snow to recrystallize and form into "grains". They are similar in size and appearance to the sugar grains. Over time, these grains grow larger and the air pockets between them become smaller.
After about two years, the snow has become "firn". This is the condition between snow and glacier ice. Firn is two-thirds as dense as water. The density then increases, because the larger ice crystals are compressed even more over time, whereby the air pockets are even smaller.
The air content may initially be up to 90% of the volume.
The constant years of compression then reduces the air content down to a few %. This ice then appears in bluish or greenish colour. It takes many years.....
#glaciertour #falljökull #adventuretime #mountainguidesiceland #crampons #icepick #iceland🇮🇸 #skaftafell
- My homestay for my time in Iceland.
Thanks @Kukucampers for taking good care of us!
- Traveling through the Calm Lands of Spira, en route to Mt. Gagazet, and then finally Niflheim!
Big thanks to Shannon for finding that one angle that works for my face.
- Bye Bye Campervan, North Atlantic Ocean, waterfalls, glaciers, geysers, horses, wool, geothermal water, northern lights, stars, volcanos... Bye Bye Iceland...Your beauty is indescribable, thank you, thank you, thank you 🙏🏽🌏 #lacataysustravesias #mimochilamimaletayyo #lavidatedaytequita #travel #iceland #landscape #northatlantic #island #campervan #camper #kukucampers #dontworrybesexy
- Many thanks to #kukucampers for a great road trip. The van was superb, will rent one again!