Latest #inclusivedesign Posts
- Do you have a strong message in your videos? Let's make it stronger!
- 12 cukes!! There's more ready to go this morning! They are soooo good like wow just one is an actual hearty snack, thin skin, mmmm mm good! I pruned them back slightly a few days ago and they have already run completely rampant again❣🙊😋
- Meet the talented and multidisciplinary team that create Rebecca's single arm operated wheelchair tray solution! ⠀
👉🏻 Jenny - Occupational Therapist ⠀
👉🏻 Alistair - Mechanical Engineer ⠀
👉🏻 Joshua - Mechanical Engineer & Industrial Designer⠀
👉🏻 Damien - Program Officer ⠀
👉🏻 Adrian - Industrial Designer ⠀
👉🏻 Scott - Software Architect/Engineer ⠀
👉🏻 Andrea - Software Architect⠀
Thank you for volunteering your time and expert skills to solve Rebecca's challenge 🙏🏻 #tommelbourne
- The widespread adoption of Universal Design principles (designing products or environments so they can be used by as many people as possible) is an important step 👣 towards social inclusion in society. 👫
Reach & Match utilises universal 🌏 design principles such as equitable use that avoids segregating any child based on their abilities from using the learning kit.
#educationinemergencies #openIDEO #inclusion #Education4All
- Do you consider yourself a creative and are looking for a team to be free?
◾️ Do what YOU love with Pixel Parlour.
Pixel Parlour is where creativity meets entrepreneurship and we are looking for exactly YOU.
If you’re a graphic designer, videographer, photographer, social media and content creator give us a “Hi 👋🏼” in our DM’s and share your passion!
- Thrilling to see our bees laden down with pollen 😍 check that lil booty bounce! When you come outside and hear a low buzzing you know things are right in your corner of the world 💕
- Meet Jerron
An interdisciplinary disabled artist devoted to telling stories with his whole body. Passionate about laughing heartily and often. #FFORAfam
Image Description: Man in orange long sleeved shirt, in a studio leaning against a window ledge with head tilted, arms crossed and one hand on his shoulder.
- The magic moment was when Rebecca’s first tested her fold out wheelchair tray that she can operate using one arm. The tray, made initially from wood and finished with material, is housed on the side of her wheelchair. The team plans to manufacture the components of the tray using aluminium to increase its robustness and durability. Congrats Team Rebecca on this epic prototype solution! 👏🏻 #tommelbourne
- Test run in the studio today. Happening tomorrow after lunch. Spent the day with 15 incredible educators from around the world and the incredible team from Ted Ed. @tededucation #identity #InclusiveDesign
- One of the biggest complaints when looking at reviews for industry leaders that I have found was that the bracelet wrist size was "too small," leaving the customers unable to wear them comfortably or at all. #notgood
Let's face it, I am a big girl, so I know that the average person does not fit, what we deem in the west as the "ideal" body type. 36 -26 -36 - blink blink blink. Don't get me wrong, some of y'all do fit that size; although, the average weight and size has increased for us.
In our culture, we have a little bit more of meat on our bones and we are curvy chicks; making our waists, hips, and wrists a little bit bigger than "standard” size.
So, as we update the site to include the bracelets, we will have sizes listed for you all to choose from to be more inclusive and to ensure that you are able to enjoy your purchase!
What other issues have you found when ordering jewelry, clothing, and other accessories online?
- Tickets now available for our #bluebadgeaccess awards - early bird tickets available! Come and help us celebrate stylish and accessible design. We are all first class citizens.
- Our mission is simple. The world made accessible to all. Join the conversation with #FFORA
Image Description: Pink backdrop video with text in black writing.7/30/19. Designed to be Seen. FFORA
Top #inclusivedesign Posts
- In Santa Monica, a couple go all in on a prefab home that’s flexible and accessible and unabashedly part of their neighborhood.
Universal design and affordability were uppermost in the minds of TJ Hill and Jay Heiserman when they asked @connect_homes to replace their cramped bungalow with a modern prefab. Hill, a disability rights attorney and mental health advocate, Heiserman, an Emmy-winning production designer, sought to create a forever home and found the solution in prefab. “While we’re aging in place, our needs are constantly changing. This house is adaptable and responsive to those changes,” explains Hill. To peek inside, check out the link in bio.
Photo by Matthew Williams
#prefab #universaldesign #inclusivedesign #accessibledesign #moderndesign #modernarchitecture
- "Our design approach was to turn a very complicated project into something familiar, approachable and playful. Through extensive research, we developed an inclusive architectural language that combines architectural details from different cultures and countries around the world. This truly made SolarVille look and feel like a global village." — Anders Nottveit from Architecture practice @sachsnottveit.
SolarVille will be exhibited at SPACE10’s new gallery until March 29. Fore an in-depth insight into @sachsnottveit 's approach, follow the link in bio.
- 👰 We had the pleasure to sit with #AnomalieBride @ariahart and talk about her wedding dress search ✨ Your dream dress might not exists just yet... Create it with @Anomalie! 🙌🏼
- Love celebrations. Weddings always make me happy and remind me of my own commitments with love and with my partner. I always get emotional. I never thought about getting married, for me it was a small formality and signing a piece of paper would never make a difference. But my wedding day was the happiest day of my life. So now I have a mix of feelings. I still think that to live together and share both tough and good moments is what makes a perfect relationship. What are your thoughts? Do you think we need a priest, a church, a registrar or just put the tooth brushes together is enough to have a marriage?
We all have different opinions but at at end love is love and must celebrate.
#Weddingday #inclusivedesign #samantabullock #longdress #wheelchairmodel #inclusion #fashionforall #wecan #love