Latest #imjustsaying Posts
- 3 Ways To Have More Gratitude Every Day
In the famous words of Ferris Bueller, “Life moves pretty fast. If you don’t stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.”
It can be easy to get swept away in the fast lane and forget to stop and show your appreciation for what you do have. A life well lived is one of gratitude and thankfulness. To help you on your gratitude journey, here are 8 ways to have more gratitude in your daily life.
1. Don’t be picky: appreciate everything
Gratitude doesn’t have to be saved for the “big” things in life. The habit of being grateful starts with appreciating every good thing in life and recognizing that there is nothing too small for you to be thankful for.
Even if it is as simple as appreciating the clear weather or how quickly your mailman delivered your mail last Friday, don’t leave anything out when practicing your gratitude.
2. Find gratitude in your challenges
Gratitude is not only about being thankful for positive experiences. In fact, sometimes thinking about negative or difficult situations can help to really nail down what you have to be thankful for.
Western Buddhist master Jack Kornfield remembers an exercise he did with a man who was caring for his grandson while his son and daughter-in-law battled a drug addiction. Despite all that he had been through, the man was still able to find gratitude for the amount of compassion he had learned to show and the impact he was able to have on other people.
Dig a little deeper into some of your own past experiences and try to figure out how they have helped shape you into the person you are today.
3. Practice mindfulness
Sit down daily and think through five to ten things you are grateful for. The trick is that you need to picture it in your mind and sit with that feeling of gratitude in your body. Doing this every day will rewire your brain to be naturally more grateful, and you’ll start feeling happier after every session.
It only takes eight weeks of gratitude practice for people to start showing changed brain patterns that lead to greater empathy and happiness.
Your brain is a powerful tool. Training it towards gratitude
- Day 23: how is your family affected? .
My 2 bio-boys have been foster brothers for 2 years and, because they are so young, consider our life in foster care to be perfectly normal. We just had 2 little boys stay with us for 2 days while their foster family needed to travel last minute. Harrison and Lincoln don’t know why these boys are in foster care but it never occurred to them to ask. What they know is that 2 kids need a place to stay and they were over the moon to have a couple of extra playmates this week. They shared their toys and spaces pretty easily and took it all in stride because they just get it. I’m not saying it’s always that easy but I am proud of how they adjust. Foster care has given us opportunities to talk with all of our kids about loving others, understanding trauma, the importance of opening our home to people who are hurting, and just so many other important things. I know one reason that many people avoid fostering is because they’re afraid of negative influences on their “own children” and I won’t sugar coat that. It’s a tough choice that is so individual to each family, the ages of the children in the home, etc. There are things that kids need sheltering from, it’s true. But can I say something without tomatoes being thrown at me? Kids today often play violent video games, watch intense action movies, and have “worldly” influences all around them that I’m noticing lots of parents have approximately no concern about. Maybe, just maybe, seeing real life people who have experienced trauma and helping them is less traumatic than blowing bad guys to bits on the daily with video games 🙈🙊🙉 #imjustsaying #dontthrowstonesatme #nationalfostercaremonth #thirtydaysaware #thisisfostercare #
- Finally did my brows! And it'll be the last time for a while cuz ya gyul is broke.com as of right this second. So ladies, if you learning to thread, wax, sugar, tweeze, whatever....holla if you need a test subject! **The same applies to anyone doing makeup** #imjustsaying
- We get into the cab, next to each other, talking about something animatedly. And then, as we reminisce our conversation in silence, I feel a sudden touch against my leg. It’s your hand, grazing against the sides of my leg. I pretend not to notice and slowly you grab my hand and pull me towards you. I refuse to look at you, but my heart is fluttering, it’s rhythm amiss. And then, almost like a natural progression, I rest my head on your shoulder and grab your upper arm with my other hand. We stay like that for a while and then, I look up at you, only to find you staring down at me, with a softness in your eyes that I’ve never seen before. Your frame glistened against the backdrop of the setting sun, as you gently rubbed your thumb on my skin. In that moment, I knew I had either made the best, or the worst decision of my life. As you look down at my lips, I knew we were in trouble. I sit up and quickly look away, and attempt to divert your attention to something outside the window. I can feel your gaze against my back, as my hair flies against the wind, exposing my bare upper back. You slide over to my side, your face over my shoulder, peering outside as well. The proximity between us was causing me to palpitate. ‘You missed it’ I tease and push you back to your side. You laugh and pretend to not know what I was trying to do. You fold your arms and without saying another word, look out the window on your side. As I settle down at the other end, my heart back in rhythm, I realise the gravity of what had occurred. This was my best friend sitting a few inches away from me. You look at me again, smile your gorgeous smile and wink at me, and in that moment I knew I was taken! -SS. #relationships #dating #truthbetold #relationshipadvice #truestory #nolie #realtalk #quotekillahs #breakups #imjustsaying #facts #straightup #reallytho #thatpart #accurate #wordstoliveby #lovingyou #loyalty #worstfeeling #trustissues #factsonly #trust #message #reallove #truelove #relationshipquotes #relationshipgoals #relationship #realshit #couples
- PSA: I’m SO tired of seeing folks on my timeline going to the SAME Caribbean destinations over & over again! The world is HUGE! Get out, explore & try someplace new! Here is where a travel professional comes in. Even if you don’t use me, find someone that can help broaden your perspective, provide destination suggestions, & send you somewhere other than Mexico and Jamaica - and don’t get me started on Miami 😩🤦🏾♀️😤! #ImJustSaying #DontShootTheMessenger #IWantYouAllToBeGreat #ImJustSaying 🤷🏾♀️ :
Who can name the island pictured? HINT: check the location of the post
- No really .... you don’t know the details of what every stylist uses , and how the mix of stylist a b c d AND e’s routine and etc will affect your hair.. it could be bad .. find a stylist you like and stick to ONE main stylist ... and then have a braider because many regular weavers/ blowout stylist don’t do braids ... I promise you it’ll change your life 🤦🏾♀️😭. Stop trying to just find a deal or something like that. Find someone who does quality work ! #imjustsaying #itllhelpyou #nochairhopping2019 #dontbethatperson #takecareofyourself 🙄🤭
Top #imjustsaying Posts
- When a man loves a woman. #LoveThyMarriage Click the link in ky bio for more love tips.