Latest #huffposttaste Posts
- Chicken // When they awkwardly forget to charge me and I had to remind them I still have to pay 🤔
- ALFRESCO EATING/
This glorious weather means many of us will be eating outside this weekend so here are two dishes which are so easy to make and delicious whether you are having a bbq or want to make big batches for the long weekend ahead...my healthy take on sag aloo and a wild garlic pesto pasta with green veg.
500g new or baby potatoes
1 heaped tbsp of curry paste (I used Patak's Madras curry paste)
2 tbsp olive oil
1 large shallot (thinly sliced) (or 1 large onion)
6 balls of frozen spinach (or 2 big handfuls of fresh)
2 cloves garlic (crushed)
2 spring onions (sliced)
1 red chilli (thinly sliced)
Cut the potatoes in half and place in a roasting tray. Add 1 tbsp of olive oil and the curry paste and with your hands massage the curry paste and oil into the potatoes ensuring they are all coated. Place in a pre-heated oven (200 degrees) for around 40 minutes or until the potatoes are soft on the inside and crispy on the outside.
While the potatoes are cooking heat 1 tbsp oil in a frying pan and add the shallots and garlic. Cook low and slow for 30 minutes stirring occasionally making sure they don't burn. After 30 minutes the shallots should be soft and caramelised. Add your frozen spinach and cook through for another 10 minutes and stir to combine with the shallots.
Once everything is cooked transfer into a bowl and mix. Sprinkle with chilli and spring onions or try adding fresh coriander and some coconut yogurt.
This is so easy it doesn't even need measurements of ingredients! Cook your pasta of choice (here I have used Orzo). Then steam or boil some green veg (I have used peas, edamame beans, and broccoli). Drain your cooked pasta then add the veg to the pan and stir through some pesto...here I have used my wild garlic pesto. So easy and a wonderful dish to make lots of to keep in the fridge.
#easterweekend #foodtoshare #plantbased #plantpower #bowlfood #alfrescoeating #eat #weekendeating #fresh #food #weekendfood #delicious #easyrecipes #onmyplate #inmykitchentoday #eatmoreveg #eatwell #huffposttaste
- Best way to spice up chocolate chunk cookies: add @traderjoes cookie butter 😍 Match made in heaven 🍪
- Good morning and happy Saturday everyone.
Thinking what to make for Easter morning.
Try this oven-baked Dutch pancake, it will impress your brunch guests as you can make it sweet or savory or you can add any different types of fruit, nuts, chocolate, cheese, eggs or bacon…
On how to make Dutch pancakes, I posted recipe in the blog.
#Jerseyfarmtotable #dutchpancake #easter
- Udon .... Sesame , Sesame Oil
- 🍋🥞 These Fluffy Lemon Ricotta Pancakes are so flavorful and ALWAYS a hit with our brunch guests!!! Have you tried them yet?! https://bakerbynature.com/lemon-ricotta-pancakes/
- Creamy burrata and savory asparagus make this brunch toast special one we’re thinking of keeping past the weekend... #jenismainstreetbistro
- Good morning peeps!!❤️ I hope you’re all having a good day so far!! It’s so nice to be at home with my family and back in the kitchen😊 started my morning just how I like to with my favorite breakfast bowl😍 you can see how to make this bowl in my story highlights where I have two Oats Tutorials saved😁👉🏻cinnamon banana oats topped with blueberries, bananas, strawberries, and @cascadianfarm dark chocolate almond granola (my absolute fav) ✨alsooooo... I’ve got an exciting giveaway coming for you all soon so stay tuned!✨
- good morning saturday !!☀️
woke up to (partly cloudy) sunny skies & i am a happy camper. getting my day started the besttt way with some v refreshing cucumber watermelon mint water 🥒🌱🍉
watermelon is great for detoxing because it has a high amount of citrulline, which is an amino acid that creates a diuretic effect & helps remove toxins from the body.
it’s composed of 90% water 💦 so it helps to keep us hydrated! & it contains a good amount of vitamin c & vitamin a which are great for skin health + it detoxifies by removing ammonia & other toxins from the body 💃🏼
mint is great too because it helps relax muscles within the digestive system & reduces abdominal bloating. it does this by increasing the function of digestive enzymes & improving the flow of bile through the stomach, which helps to speed & ease digestion
there’s some fun facts to get your weekend started! now i’m gonna start grinding away at my research paper, & hopefully my computer wants to be my friend today because last night it was NOT cooperating 🤦🏼♀️ but i’ll be happy as a clam when it’s all said & done & then i’ll be able to reeeaaally enjoy my last couple of days in FL 🌺🌴
happy weekending y’all!
- Playing around with scoring on my sourdough this weekend. Went for a leaf design. Quite pleased with the look. More experimenting to come.
- Got to L🐣VE a festive breakfast #happyeaster #thevintagefork .
Want to know the secret to my cinnamon rolls? Buy frozen bread dough loafs! You can get them anywhere. Roll them out and smother with melted butter & a mixture of sugar and cinnamon!
- Ok, finally I was able to try the bugs bagel! 😌
Dried tomatoes, avocado, worms, crickets 🍅 🥑 🦗 😋
Plus, Açai juice!
- Cooling off with our Ginger Sweet Tea with whiskey, ginger syrup, mint, bitters and lemon starting 7pm! What about you? Photography and styling by @blankstories
- #PortlandPizzaWeek y'all—The last day for fresh and creative 2$ 2019 slices is today. Sunk my teeth into a few this year including Signal Pizza, Rovente, Straight From NY, and Sunny's Pizza. My favorite so far has been @roventepizzeria for their spicy squash harissa base. Where else should I go? Where have you been?