Latest #heritage Posts
- The exhibition in the museum Kulturbrauerei in Berlin is dealing with everyday life in the #GDR and worth seeing (plus, it’s for free). Lots of fascinating objects and the museum achieves a nice balance between spatial arrangements, artifacts and media stations. Sometimes it feels a bit cramped and chaotic, but then again, it’s a museum about everyday life, so it’s probably part of the concept 🤔 #ddr #museum #berlin #heritage #travel
- The residence & laboratory of Sir George Everest built in 1832. He lived in this house for 11 years.
It is an utter shame that such a historic place has been vandalized by graffiti. Actually, I feel quite ashamed to put up these pictures.
The Archeological Survey and the government under whose care it lies probably deem it a place of less importance. The litter around is also quite atrocious.
In the next set of pictures of the leeward side offers a magnificent 160 degree of the Garhwal Himalayas.
#georgeeveresthouse #georgeeverest #colonialarchitecture
- Not long til summer & our beautiful little shop will be back in the sunshine ☀️🥂
- Good morning from #Valletta. This is one proud achievement that we had to share with you once again. With great appreciation to our guests for choosing to stay with us during the past year - thank you 🙏 #domuszamittello #heritage #hotel . Wishing you all a great weekend ahead 😊
- "An eyes with full of tears, with the decline of a royal empire"
Zafar Mahal (The last Mughal Palace), which consists the graves of some later Mughals after Aurangzeb Alamgir, Bahadur Shah I to Akbar II.
Moti Masjid built in the honour of 13th century sufi saint, Hazrat Qutubuddin Bakhtiyar Kaki R.A, was built by 7th Mughal Emperor Bahadur Shah I in 1709AD, adjacent to it is the last resting place of the emperor. The chamber contains the graves of Mughal Emperor Bahadur Shah I (1707-12AD), Shah Alam II (1760-1806AD), Akbar II (1806-37AD) and the empty grave of last Mughal Emperor Bahadur Shah Zafar. The famous line of his unfulfilled will:- "कितन बदनसीब ज़फ़र दफ़्न के लिये
दो गज़ ज़मीन भी न मिली कू-ए-यार में" 3 photos of 3 different time period:-
Pic 1- A file photo of the chamber and Moti Masjid in 1890AD
Pic 2- A file photo of the Father of the Nation Mahatma Gandhi coming out of the chamber on 27th Jan 1948AD, taking oath to bring back the last Mughal Emperor dead body from Rangoon to Zafar Mahal, as of his last wish, unfortunately the oath was once again unfulfilled coz on 30th Jan 1948AD, Mahatma Gandhi was assassinated
Pic 3- A file photo of the chamber and Moti Masjid in Modern era 2018
#zafarmahal #history #heritage #delhi #mughals #unfulfilled #dreamz #sairedilli