Latest #healthyrecipes Posts
- There are so many aphorisms concerning health & fitness that often it's a struggle to distinguish facts from "Bro Science".
However, we think this one rings true. Cheating on your health & fitness plan can be beneficial. However, ask yourself this question... if you're 25% + Body Fat.. do you REALLY Need that cheat meal??? The answer is NO!
So don't cheat, because you really can't out train a bad diet..
Feed the athlete within...
Sign up for early access now at www.theathleteskitchen.co.nz
- protein waffles 🤤 hope everyone started out on a good foot this Monday!
- Went with a smaller, lighter dish tonight. Chicken cordon bleu with asparagus.
- Fresh rolls with a peanut dipping sauce are a delicious way to eat lots of veg! Don’t be intimidated by the rice paper, with some practice you can get the hang of it. For a peanut dressing I never measure but mix lots of natural peanut butter with some soy sauce, crushed garlic, sriracha, lime juice and usually a few splashes of water. Taste and test as you go to get the flavour you like best!
- The ultimate Buddha bowl🙌🏻
Steamed mushrooms, broccoli and peas with some thinly sliced bell peppers, avo, and baked tofu all on a bed of Romain lettuce🤤 drizzled with PB sauce (just some peanut butter mixed with water to thin it out)🤪
- Warmer weather calls for fresh and refreshing salsa!
1 large red pepper diced
1/2 pound cherry tomatoes diced
1 avocado pitted and diced
1 red onion diced
1 mango peeled, pitted and diced
1 small can corn kernels
1 15- ounce can black beans
For the Dressing:
Juice of 2-3 limes
3 tablespoons olive oil
Large handful of cilantro chopped
Salt & pepper to taste
Mix all ingredients for the salsa in a large bowl. Combine the ingredients for the dressing in a small bowl and whisk together well. Pour over the salsa and carefully stir. Serve immediately.
- Christy's words are so encouraging. This past week I felt stuck myself on getting too caught up in the scale. With the suggestion of my own coach, I have started journaling how much life has changed since prioritizing health and thankfully, there is so so much to be thankful for beyond the scale! "I went for my yearly physical in August and was the heaviest I have ever been, 20 pounds higher than I said I would ever let myself get. My doctor asked if I wanted a prescription to help loose weight. I was appalled. I didn’t think it had gotten that bad. Then I went back to work and realized I only had two pairs of work pants that fit and I was not going to buy anything larger because that would require going into a department I didn’t want to go into.
People at work would ask me on almost a daily basis if I was ok, especially if they saw me climbing stairs. I was short tempered and unfortunately my kids and husband took the brunt of it. I was so miserable.
Fast forward to today, less than 6 months after I decided my health is important! I need to take care of myself so I can be around for my children and grandchildren. I want to be able to travel with my husband for many, many years ahead. I have lost lots of weight, with some more to go and many inches and clothing sizes, including going from an XL to a S shirt size but I have gained so much more! ❤️Energy!
❤️Excitement for life
❤️More clothes to wear from my closet including some I haven’t worn in 5 years! ❤️ Happiness ❤️ Confidence
❤️ Time to spend with my family since I’m not so exhausted
❤️ Trying so many new, good foods ❤️ The list goes on... I’m so glad I have made the decision to take care of my myself. Best decision I have ever made!"
- 🔴Dunkin’ still serves some of the best coffee around, especially their cold brew. Don’t fight me on that. And if you’re lucky enough to find yourself at a location that serves Nitro, you must try it!
Dunkin’ serving sizes are a bit tricky, so allow me to explain.
These caffeine amounts are all based on ordering a medium drink (except espresso, which is just a lil baby cup). But remember, a medium drink is a completely different size for hot and cold beverages (since cold drinks need ice). Generally speaking, you’ll get around the same amount of liquid, but a medium for hot drinks is 14oz, while a medium for cold drinks is 24oz.
Life hack: Order your drink with light ice to get even more bang for your buck. Or if you're going straight home, get no ice and then add your own!
When you order a Nitro Cold Brew, you’ll only be able to get it as a small. While that may feel like you’re getting ripped off, it’s because Nitro is made to be served without ice, so it’s super concentrated. No matter how much you fight it, they’re not allowed to serve you a larger size. They don’t list the exact caffeine amount for Nitro, but estimate that a small has about the same amount of caffeine as a medium cold brew.
The iced coffee caffeine content is also listed as higher than cold brew, which may be surprising to you. A Dunkin spokesperson has said that the cold brew they list is just an estimate because each batch depends on a variety of factors. In all likelihood, you’re getting a bit more caffeine than listed!
Are you a Dunkin fan? What’s your drink of choice?
-Follow us for more @fiyness_reciipes ❤
#GetFit #Cycling #FitFam #FitLife #Fitness #FitnessMotivation #FitnessAddict #GetStrong #LiftHeavy #GirlsWhoLift #GymLife #GymTime #NoPainNoGain #PersonalTrainer #Sweat #Weights #WeightLifting #Workout #TransformationTuesday #GetHealthy #HealthyLife #HealthTalk #EatClean #CleantEats #EatLocal #FitFood #GlutenFree #DairyFree #HealthyEating #HealthyRecipes
- Healthy eating doesn’t mean you have to stick by rule books, don’t eat this, cut that; it is however about knowing YOUR body and about balance.
@nucleusfitnesscoaching can help you work out your best plan for a healthy and balanced intake.
- To tired to cook so made some black forest ham , with Colby and Monterey Jack cheese , bread and butter Pickle's , on sandwich bread topped with sweet brown mustard . Spicy Doritos with dip 😋 #quickmeal #sandwiches
- Swordfish Steaks 🥩 😋 .
✨Tip: Swordfish is a predatory fish. Predatory fish contain high levels of mercury so don’t eat swordfish too often!
- “ My Style Pineapple Shrimp w/ (carrots, green peppers, sweet red peppers, yellow pepper, organic green beans and green apples.. #Ichef #healthyrecipes #foodporn
- Day 15 of 28. Potato wedges: the healthy French fry. If you don’t already make these you should. 😉
Crispy potato wedges need 3 things: a quick soak, adequate oil, and high enough heat. .
🥔Soaking potatoes releases starch allowing potatoes to get crispier. Soak for 10 min in cool water, drain and rinse until the water runs clear. .
🥔Make sure to pat potatoes dry before coating in oil and spices (garlic, onion, parsley, paprika, etc). Drying potatoes helps crisp them up. The excess water will essentially steam potatoes. You don’t want that! Don’t be shy with the oil- 3 Tbsp for 4-6 medium sized potatoes. .
🥔Cook potatoes at 400 for 30 min, flip potatoes (and rotate pans in the oven if there are multiple) cook for another 25 min and check for doneness. Cook additional 5 min if needed. .
Okay, so yes these will take you over an hour to make. But, it’s grilling season! Make them with a friend and split the cooking. One person makes these inside and the other grills outside. During your downtime... cheers! 🍻🥂 Sounds pretty perfect to me!
- Homemade healthy meal coming at ya! So easy! @sprouts makes it so easy to make delicious healthy homemade meals! Try their chimichurri salmon! Just bake it with a side of your favorite veggies! We roasted some brussels sprouts with peppers and onions and added a touch of coconut aminos! So delicious! Ask their meat specialist today! Also follow our blog for more!
- Loving my colorful 🌈 salads now that it’s getting warmer out! Topped this spring mix 🥗 w/ roasted cauliflower, broccoli & carrots that I seasoned w/ turmeric, salt & pepper.