Latest #healthydog Posts
- One of our personal favs ‘LICKALICIOUS’ is still available in sizes Small + Medium pups! Once sold out we will not be restocking so get in fast if you are a sweet tooth hehe 🍦
- WIN WIN WIN a whole years supply of one of PetVet's vitamin chews of your choice! View our previous post for details on how to enter this GIVEAWAY! 🐾
- Are you killing your dog?
Dusty was. When we first got Dusty I was uneducated, I was killing her with food. No one told me so we continued along as if nothing was wrong.
I don't recall what made me realize she was over weight but in the past 18 months I have been working hard on getting and keeping her fit. It has shown in not only her health but her happiness. She is also fast, faster then she ever was. She has picked up speed on the agility course and people notice, they always comment that she doesn't look like she should be that fast but she is my little rocket.
Since getting Castiel I have always been very aware not to let him get over weight. I don't want to make this mistake again and injure his joints. Even the smallest amount of extra weight can effect a dogs joints and cut their life short. It seems crazy but it's true, just like how weight problems effect us humans they effect our dogs. Sadly we are so use to seeing overweight dogs online or in real life that we don't think anything of it, we think it's normal for our dogs to look like a barrel. Every single breed should have a tuck from side view, no excuses about breed. Every single breed should also have a nice dip after their ribs from top view, no excuses. This is how HEALTHY dogs should look.
My dogs? My dogs are working dogs so I expect them to be a bit more conditioned then the general "pet dog" with a little more muscle. I cannot risk my dogs to have any extra weight as this will affect their competing life. I'm not in it for the wins, I'm in it to have fun with my dogs for as long as I am able to be.
Is your dog fat? Talk to a good vet about it! 💸 DISCOUNT CODES 💸
DUSTY10 - @pawsandclawsfashion
Dusty10 - @mates4lifenz
DINGOS10 - @ohmyfluffydog
#fatdog #healthydog #dogtraining #fitdog #workingdog #labrador #staffy #germanshepherd
- Charlie’s #dogfood
He loves this and it has made a dramatic difference to his energy, skin, fur and joints. I’m no animal health professional but I know making whole food for him has improved his health!
I base it from:
50% lean meat
This batch has-
1kg chicken breast
Sweet potato, broccoli, cauliflower, carrot
Brown rice, buckwheat, chickpea flour
I always add in hemp seeds to!
I just throw it in the pressure cooker for 30minutes then pull apart the meat. I freeze half and leave the other half in the fridge.
- Dieser Moment... wenn du eine neue Tüte Leckerchen öffnest 🤤😅 wer kennt’s?
- Mum and I are SO excited! We are going to the cinema this evening! (that’s what we call movie theatres in the UK) We are going to be watching The Lion King. 🦁 Lions will always have a special place in Mum’s heart, as she had an incredible encounter with a young lion when she was only 4 or 5 years old! Mum was visiting a local zoo and watching a ‘close encounters’ event. The lion was brought in on a leash and singled Mum out from the crowd! The keeper was unable to restrain the lion as he suddenly pulled towards Mum, jumped up and placed both paws on her shoulders. He didn’t attempt to hurt her and simply stared directly into her eyes. Mum was unaware of the very real danger and was so excited to receive a lion hug! She still remembers how heavy his paws were and how soft his fur felt against her skin. His mouth was so close to her face that she could feel his breath! The keeper hurriedly pulled him away and the lion seemed to be quite annoyed. He subsequently bit the keeper on his bottom!
Meanwhile, Mum walked away from the accident without a single scratch! 🦁
Mum is relieved to hear that the zoo no longer allows for visitors to get so close to the big cats. Lions are such fascinating, beautiful and powerful animals and they should be respected and allowed to engage in natural behaviours. Mum is so thankful for her amazing experience with the captive lion but she longs to see lions where they belong, living wild and free in their true homeland!
- Today's dinner: chicken quarters, beef heart, chicken liver, sardines, chicken feet, low sodium organic bone broth, gerber fruit mix (baby food), blueberry, celery, nonfat yogurt, and olive oil. We follow the teachings of Dr. Billinghurst. Balanced diet is achieved over time, and not per meal.
#barf #barfdiet #wholefoods #dogfood #notokibble #notoprocessedfood #realfood #realdogfood #rawfeedingfaq #rawfed #rawfeddog #rawfeddogs #rawfedpuppy #blacklabradorretriever #yellowlabradorpuppy #healthydogfood #giveyourdogabone #healthydog #balanceddiet #balancedfood #rawpetfood #humanfood
- Imma healthier than my sister.
Top #healthydog Posts
- 👀 Feeling a little judged by both Murphy and his dinner. Where did we even get those duck heads and other good stuffs? @rawfeedingmiami! They ship frozen raw products to your door. Check out the link in Murphy’s bio for 15% off your first order!