Latest #happybaby Posts
- Grateful for our maternity leave in Canada. 💞🌿✨ Today (and the past 2 days) I've been in a funk buuuut getting to spend time with this munchkin means everything to me!
- This is something I needed to hear repeatedly in the early days of parenthood. I couldn’t understand why I couldn’t get my baby to sleep, why I couldn’t persuade her to sleep out of my arms, or why she woke so frequently. I felt like I was failing. That all the other mamas with babies who who would sleep for 5 hours or more through the night, were just better at this than me.
I would quiz them about what they did, trying to find out what the magic formula was. What did they dress their baby in? Was my baby too hot, too cold? Where did their baby sleep? Perhaps a different co-sleeper or another swaddle or sleeping bag would make her comfortable enough to sleep.
But the truth came every time. There was no magic formula, and they weren’t just better at motherhood than me. Sleeping for 5 hours or more was just what was normal for their baby. My baby was wakeful and nothing I was doing or not doing could change that. That was her normal.
So I embraced her normal. I chose to love her the way she was telling me that she needed to be loved. I held her as she napped, I cuddled her through the night, I wore her through the day. And when the anxiety of trying to mother her ‘well enough’ to make her sleep ‘better’ slipped away, I realised that she was giving me what I needed. She let me rest through the day, she encouraged me to nap with her, and to keep her so close at night that she didn’t fully wake me.
Her sleep didn’t reflect how well I parented her. It taught me how to parent her.
- Acompanhada pela sogra pois o marido teve que trabalhar, a Maria Eduarda era a paciente mais jovem desse trio de pacientes da mesma noite. Mas ser mais jovem não trouxe consequências diferentes para ela, bem ao contrário, ela foi intensa! Intensa na emoção, intensa na dor e intensa falando que “não iria conseguir”. Quando a #HappyBaby pode sentir com seus dedos a cabecinha da Lorena coroando, ela buscou intensidade de força e fez o que ela mais estava com medo, fez nascer sua filha de parto normal. Eu olhei bem fundo no olho dela e disse “Você conseguiu” e nem ela acreditava que ela havia conseguido.
Parto normal é amor, é paciência, é espera, é cuidado... Parabéns Maria Eduarda, Lorena vai ser uma menina forte e corajosa como a mãe!
PS: Foto e relato postado com autorização da mamãe e da vovó!
- This baby bear slept through the entire night last night 🙌🏼 HOLLA!! I feel like this has been the science fair project that I am actually excited about. 😂 Figuring out this schedule thing for Ty has been SUCH a challenge, but also the biggest reward and SO worth it! He’s such a happier baby and I actually look forward to when he wakes up from his naps (not that I didn’t before, I was just super stoked to get a break) Hop on over to my story to see the finalized day/eating/night schedule that has taken 4 months to perfect. 🙌🏼❤️ @the_sleepfairy #happybaby = #happyparents #exbpresets
- Getting ready for his 6months photo set & we can’t help but reminisce on his very first shoot📷 He was so teeny😍
Top #happybaby Posts
- Tour Eiffel Paris Mosaic
Special Edition #3
By far my best memorie of this month 😊
- Bath time 🧼🧸🛁✨//Нам не страшен #Мойдодыр!😂👌🏼